Dozens of Reviews

Dozens of Reviews

A Poem by AK
"

I'm inspired by the writers here whose works always have scores of reviews.

"

 

How ever does one manage
to get dozens of reviews?
Most times I feel quite lucky
to get no more than just a few.
I must admit, works well received
are usually awfully good.
Or tread a path so near the edge
in places I never would.
So I guess it takes a certain knack…
some boldness and expertise
To get so many good reviews
instead of only two or three.

 

© 2009 AK


Author's Note

AK
An old piece that somehow recently disappeared...?

He later added: Someone mentioned recently that one trick is to have multiple accounts here at the Cafe and then one can review one's own work at will. I hadn't thought of that...
I'm not sure that's in keeping with the spirit of the Cafe though so I'll be very happy to graciously and thankfully accept a few quality reviews.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love the honesty here. I used to feel that way too and sometimes still do. I would think......how in the world do they get so many?! When I first came on I got several then it went down to almost nothing. Oddly, when I was getting several I was feeling more frustrated then when it went down to a trickle. After a while I was quite happy and comfortable with the trickle. Now I get reviewed a lot and it makes me sometimes feel pressured to please my "audience". lol. Sometimes I think I wanna go back to the comfort of only having a few read my stuff.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
I can't imagine reviewing my own work just to fake popularity! LOL What a hideous thought..lets hope that reviews come because of exceptional work..but I tend to err on the side of practicality and believe if you review, people will review you too!

Posted 13 Years Ago


i like this! good thinking.

Posted 13 Years Ago


hahaha ! great subject matter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i've had the same thought but you said it poetically
sometimes i'm amazed how some get hundreds of reviews for 3 simple lines
when i first got here i was a thirsty and at the mercy of wanting reviews but i didn't like the feeling of desperation; so i decided to do some inner investigation and go back to the basic reason why i write...to tune in and let go....everything else takes on a life of its own....

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very clever~ =)~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

awesome....very true.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think the only thing you can really do is to review and hope those you review are polite enough to return the favor. There are those writers on here who have exceptional talent and are well deserving of the number of reviews they recieve. However I feel it is better to recieve a few quality reviews then to recieve a bunch of not so helpful reviews.
This piece is nice in that it honors both those writers that are well deserving of the reviews they have recieved and the reviewers for taking the time to read another authors work. While the rhyme in this piece is not exactly perfect it still reads easily and there are no places where I felt hung up on the flow. Overall a great piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Haaaa. I think it,s just fate actually...well whatever it is... you have it....the magic. This was a sheer honesty poem which is greatly appreciated by myself as it was also written very well. Thanks for sharing.
Babsie Bee xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

832 Views
18 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 7, 2009
Last Updated on March 23, 2009

Author

AK
AK

AK



About
If you haven't visited my Alaska... well... well... shame on you : >) Small brook just outside of Woodstock, Vermont. October 14, 2010 "Oh... that feels so good" - May 17, 2009 .. more..

Writing
Just One Just One

A Poem by AK


Blue Moon Blue Moon

A Story by AK