Thank you JK Harris

Thank you JK Harris

A Story by AK
"

Rant

"

 

Hold on, I feel a rant coming on...
Have you seen these commercials on TV...?
 
"Is the IRS harassing you?"
"Is the IRS keeping you from living the lifestyle you deserve?"
 
"I was at my wits end and then contacted JK Harris! A tax debt over $100,000 seems so overwhelming that a person becomes immersed in trying to find a solution. Each day the penalties rose until I felt as if I could never climb out of the hole. There seemed to be no light at the end of the tunnel. However, with the expert help of JK Harris my offer in compromise has been accepted and my debt reduced to $4,220. Thank you, JK Harris."
 
Every time I see these commercials on television I just want to scream. Shall I tell you why? Oh good, I'm glad you asked.
 
I want to scream because I have worked for a living all of my adult life (starting at 17) and I have always paid my taxes. And it absolutely drives me bonkers that there are businesses in this country that help deadbeat freeloaders defraud the government and the rest of us who do pay our taxes. Most of us accept the burden and contribute even more than our fair share. And why do many of us pay more than our fair share? Because of the deadbeat freeloaders who refuse to pay taxes. Someone has to pay for the services and programs we ALL enjoy and use.
Oh yes, these barnacles do use, even expect, all the free services and programs provided on the state and national level. They'll call the police when they have a problem or the fire department when their house catches fire, no trouble. And they'll complain to high heaven whenever they don't get whatever they feel they have "coming to them as an American". But ask them to contribute to help pay for it all? Are you kidding?
 
They listen to this radio show or buy that book and have appointments with their "tax advisors" and learn how to best defraud the rest of us while paying no tax on their income through this loophole or that exception. Or sometimes they just don't even file. Often they lie about their income and work situation.
I've known some of these folks personally. They'll approach you at work or when you run into them at the store (where they are shopping with food stamps which they have received through deception and fraud) and share with you how they "didn't pay a dime last year" or offer to "get you set up too". They laugh and whisper about how Uncle Sam isn't getting a nickel of their money and they proclaim that income tax is "illegal according to the constitution". No sir, they are keeping ALL of their money. But let the school bus not pick up their precious little kids, or the ambulance refuse to come when they call... Or let the local library refuse to loan them a book, or the city snow plow not come by their house soon enough... well, then it's an issue of "civil rights" and "equal rights for all under the constitution".
 
That is until the IRS finally catches up with them and starts confiscating their property. Then "the government" is "harassing" them and treating them "like criminals". Of course eventually they are willing to settle up, but only for "pennies on the dollar". The IRS agrees to settle and suddenly these freeloaders "have their life back". Meanwhile, the rest of us responsible and mature taxpaying citizens continue to pay our full share, and then some, to cover for the deadbeats.
 
Now I'm not opposed to legitimate tax advantages or write offs, please don't misunderstand. I'm talking about the ne'er-do-wells who refuse to pay anything and evade their tax responsibility entirely. Where in the world did these people come from and who raised them?
 
Wow, that felt good! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Have a nice day :-)

 

© 2009 AK


Author's Note

AK
Thanks J. You would feel right at home in Anchorage... it is one of the top ten sanctuary cities in the country. But that is another rant...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J
Ah D ----- you've no idea the hot button you've pushed here ..... living in AZ, on the border of Mexico and experiencing first hand the tax load on Arizonans for the illegals who usurp state aid for everything from healthcare to foodstamps, affordable housing ........ even having the audacity to protest in the streets of this state to have their language on the ballot as the "official" language ....

you know i am single. and pay more than my fair share of state and federal taxes. i have no healthcare, no assistance for food, housing ~ and struggle from paycheck to paycheck. my particular "class" falls between the cracks of the poor and the "really" poor ~ i think it's because i don't have a basket full of kids i can't care for ........

we have the equivalent of JK Harris here in AZ -- her name is Ronnie Deutch, and i get the same feelings you do when she advertises all over the state. funny thing is, i know her; dumpy little office in downtown Tucson. she used to do a different kind of law, apparently not as lucritive as her present area of practice.

SHE actually makes me more angry than the deadbeat taxpayer as she is taking the $$ in fees that should have been paid to the govt. SHAME!! [i wonder if she pays her own taxes. what a racket, eh?]

FINE write, mon ami.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Im glad someone is sayin it!!! We are moving out of Illinois because of all the welfare, I think we should enforce drug testing to anyone on ANY state aid. My kids school is over 200,000 behind in gov. payments and my job is being threatened because of cut backs (I care for the elderly) but I have a family member who is recieving money from the gov. to buy a house after they just filed bankruptsy!! THey are on state aid but just bought a brand new computer!! Wow..that does feel better,lol.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

amen to this. New Mexico is one of the states that charges GRT - so here we pay our state taxes and federal taxes and payroll taxes AND gross reciepts - including food. I also see the taxes the company pays where I work...its crazy.
Peace.
I've come here with a white flag and an apology. I hope you might check your email when you have time.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

rants are good for us . . .

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

there are stories of people who's lives were ruined because of a numerical error even when the person wanted to make amends for the error.

there have been stretches of time when the IRS was quite corrupt and they used coercion and went outside the law on innocent people.

It works both ways.

If you honestly think our economy is screwed for any other reason than the war and the federal reserve sabotaging our nation for the last 80-90 years then I don't know what else to tell you. Oh wait, and the fact that we've donated most of our deficit overseas w/out any expectation of a return while those govt's continue to willfully starve their own people..IDK

I can understand that you're angry at a few sheisters while you're an honest guy that's paying his taxes. I get that.

I just don't get this loyalty to the government. They're highly paid puppets who pretend to hate each and laugh at us over wine and steak made from a diseased cow that stopped being able to walk before it even made it to the throat cutting line.

I've always been poor enough to get money back or break even on my tax return. I'm not doing this to be a devil's advocate or a hypocrite..just calling it like I see it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J
Ah D ----- you've no idea the hot button you've pushed here ..... living in AZ, on the border of Mexico and experiencing first hand the tax load on Arizonans for the illegals who usurp state aid for everything from healthcare to foodstamps, affordable housing ........ even having the audacity to protest in the streets of this state to have their language on the ballot as the "official" language ....

you know i am single. and pay more than my fair share of state and federal taxes. i have no healthcare, no assistance for food, housing ~ and struggle from paycheck to paycheck. my particular "class" falls between the cracks of the poor and the "really" poor ~ i think it's because i don't have a basket full of kids i can't care for ........

we have the equivalent of JK Harris here in AZ -- her name is Ronnie Deutch, and i get the same feelings you do when she advertises all over the state. funny thing is, i know her; dumpy little office in downtown Tucson. she used to do a different kind of law, apparently not as lucritive as her present area of practice.

SHE actually makes me more angry than the deadbeat taxpayer as she is taking the $$ in fees that should have been paid to the govt. SHAME!! [i wonder if she pays her own taxes. what a racket, eh?]

FINE write, mon ami.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

600 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 23, 2009
Last Updated on September 24, 2009

Author

AK
AK

AK



About
If you haven't visited my Alaska... well... well... shame on you : >) Small brook just outside of Woodstock, Vermont. October 14, 2010 "Oh... that feels so good" - May 17, 2009 .. more..

Writing
Just One Just One

A Poem by AK


Blue Moon Blue Moon

A Story by AK



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Shakespeare Shakespeare

A Poem by AK