The Voice

The Voice

A Story by alankillsmonsters

The conversation is based on a real situation which happened almost 2 years back  on the top of a waterfall. It’s based on my fight with drugs, depression and “him”, my inner self.

I don’t know if it’s the day I was truly ashamed of myself or the day I am proud of. Even though I found my voice that night, I saw the worst of me.

 

The Voice

 

 

How the f**k you got here Abhishek?, the first sarcastically self-loathing question I asked myself the moment I snapped back to the reality.


 My mind was still in the processing mode. I was staring down at the froth of thefall, shaking through my bones. The flow was gushing between my feet down into the abyss. The cold was mind numbing, my fingers went wrinkly and lifeless as I stared at nothing. Raindrops poured down upon me unvaryingly, falling at constant motion and vanishing into a one point perspective.Everything seemed in panorama, everything seemed dramatic… everything seemed calm.


It’s a perfect night, isn’t it?, a voice muddled my tranquility. It’s just drugs, it’s just drugs…,I kept ranting to myself.

I sensed an urge building up inside me.


Do you remember that line we read once?; Fall takes it all, the voice mumbled inside my head, I sensed a grin.

A shiver ran through my spine as I tried to predict the next. My head felt heavy. Everything slowed down in the fraction of seconds. It’s like my words had a spell over me. Something inside me has taken the leash. The urge slowly turned into a burning mine, consuming all of my conscious.


A war was going on inside my head. Insights were as clear as day. Words were scratching down my walls. I felt uncontainable. I felt like my head is going to explode.


A sudden calmness whipped me following by a word. Jump.


The 4 letter word held enough impact to the spell bounded mind.


I felt leaning towards the front unknowingly, the word pushed me. My body felt lifeless, I was floating down at the froth. A million voices screamed inside my head with a shrilling tone. I remember the time stood still at that very moment.

The water smacked me, dragging me down into another dimension. Everything muted off.

 I was at calm, I was at peace. Finally.

© 2017 alankillsmonsters


Author's Note

alankillsmonsters
Flood in.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

'Fall takes it all'
'The 4 letter word held enough impact to the spell bounded mind'
These lines are just awesome! Very good.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Powerful read....you are so very descriptive, almost felt I was there...excellent :) x

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

alankillsmonsters

6 Years Ago

I am glad you liked it

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
4 Reviews
Added on April 29, 2017
Last Updated on April 30, 2017
Tags: Psychological, dark, drugs

Author

alankillsmonsters
alankillsmonsters

Far Far Away



About
Lost.Found.Lost again! more..

Writing