Chaos

Chaos

A Story by alankillsmonsters

Chaos

 

 

It was the starting week of June. Everything seemed grey and dull. We both were sitting on our Enfield 350s at the dead end of our colony while sharing a joint. Lost in our own thoughts but still passing it as if we were connected on another sub-consciously cosmic level. We just knew when the other needed the puff of thought fuel.


“I will leave in 10”, I said as I passed the joint while staring at an old rustic signage on the other end of the colony.


“It’s 6 in the evening and we met at 5:45”, Alan replied with an expressionless tone while staring at his matte red helmet. He took a drag in and passed it back to me.


“It was a long week and I want to sleep”, I replied back breathing out the smoke while canning the roach with my boot.


“There is this place I saw in Malad. Let’s go there”, he commanded while straddling on his bike seat suddenly, he strapped the helmet around his head putting the key in the ignition.


“Dude I want to sleep and I think it’s gonna rain”, I said.


“Let’s just f*****g leave already”, he replied ignoring to my words completely, like he couldn’t have given any less f**k than this.


I got on to my bike accepting my defeat. I knew how blunt and rash he can sometimes be.


 Turning on the ignition, our bikes rattled with a thumping stroke of our engines. It was like a sweet symphony to our ears. He grinned shutting down the visor of the helmet and said just follow my back.


Racing down the curve of the Marve beach road for 45 minutes, we finally reached at the foot of an old fort. The fort was situated along side of a rocky shore, facing towards the majestic Arabian Sea, covered in moss and memories. Grey clouds were upon the fort like a dramatic scene of a classic movie. We could hear the soft rumbling of the thunder. Everything looked hauntingly beautiful.


 I was curious to know more about the place. How could I have missed this place? I have been living in Kandivali since I was in nutsack.


Getting down from the bikes, I followed him towards the fort. The place was uncommonly quiet. The fact that just us been there gave me an eerily calming feeling.


“Nice. But still not worth my sleep”, I said tauntingly.


“We are not there yet”, he replied back.


I quietly followed him up a steep rocky climb. The fort seemed closer with every step towards it; I was marveled gazing at its mountainous expanse. Holding onto branches and pushing on to rocks, we were about to conquer the surface.

A tall cliff came into the view with 3 benches on it. The benches were facing the vast endless sea, surrounding the cliff by rest of the 3 sides. The fort was behind us, standing tall and strong, guarding our back. Wind was trying to push us off the cliff, waves roared with echoes every time they hammered the rocks. Clouds covered the sun under their shades, consuming every bit of its ray and glowed with a magnificent aura. The aura was reflected upon the marching waves of the wild sea. I stared at the monotonous landscape of the creation.  It was unearthly. I was watching the dark side of the earth and it was as godly as it could have been.


 Endless emotions stabbed my heart with a glee pain. I felt petite facing the divine enchantment. I felt dazed by this revelation.


We sat on the middle bench staring at the canvas. There was calmness in that chaos. He took out a joint and sparked it with his beloved King lighter. Took a puff and passed it to me saying unwind.

© 2017 alankillsmonsters


Author's Note

alankillsmonsters
Flood in.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

'Took a puff and passed it to me saying unwind' The last line of this stor is powerful enough to tell the whole story. Very well written. Chaos is different to different persons in their life. Yous is too diffedent. Keep it up! We expect much more from you such. 😊😊😊

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Added on April 29, 2017
Last Updated on April 30, 2017
Tags: Event, drugs, revelation, travel

Author

alankillsmonsters
alankillsmonsters

Far Far Away



About
Lost.Found.Lost again! more..

Writing