In between the spaces

In between the spaces

A Poem by ~amanda~
"

love poem (kind of)

"

 i want you to read this.

analyze it like you analyze me.

i want you to notice this.

every little detail.

the space between the words.

every single one is about you.

like everything else i do.

i want you to read this.

and think of me.

i want you to read this.

and put me in the spaces in your poetry.

let me live in between your thoughts.

let me be your muse.

i want you to read this.

and be graphic in your artistry.

you write in a way that offends my senses.

and i know,

i will never inspire that.

but i will try every chance i get.

i want you to read this.

and put me in your consonants.

put me in your vowels.

let me be the music.

that plays in the background while you write.

i want you to write me poems.

with lowercase letters.

and small soothing words.

and let me be the thought.

in between the spaces.

 

 

 

~amanda~

 

 

© 2008 ~amanda~


Author's Note

~amanda~
please ignore the lowercase letters. i wrote this one really quickly just now, and dont really feel like editing just yet. (im sure i will in the future)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Smiling upon this....Amanda, you really got me going with this one as I like to write about romance and sensuality. The beauty that flows from within that soul of yous and what shows outside, how can one as myself not want to write you a poem.

This is my comment of a review right now. With your permission, I would like to have this dance of writing a poem of a comment to this.

Forewarning, no telling what I'll unearth from the heart of my soul :-)

Art

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Love the concept of this piece! A different, beautiful way to say, "Think of me, love me" in a most charming way! It flows very well nd your diction and syntax are superb! I enjoyed reading!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love how you put yourself in the writing, thereby his thoughts. He won't be able to get away from you. But in a good way. I really liked this piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


i've read quite a few of your poems today and this is by far my favorite. anyone who loves writers and writing can understand what you're saying here. muses are not mythical figures to a writer. they are the stuff of their writing. the words, the pauses, the form. they are the things that draw the writer to the blank page. from the little i know of you from your limited bio and your poems, i think you'd be a fine muse.



Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
bre
Hi Amanda!
I really enjoyed this poem and the lowercase letters didn't bother me at all, probably because i never pay attention to it in my own writing. This poem is so amazing! I love reading poems that can paint a picture in my head and that's what your poem does for me. I got a little confused in the middle where you said "you write in a way that offends my senses and I know, I will never inspire that. But i will try every chance I get" (great line!) why would you want to inspire something that offends you? but then i thought about it and maybe I'm thinking to hard, but what i got was that even though his writing offends you, you just want his poems to be about you, like yours are about him. so even if you inspire something foul (which you know you don't) at least you inspired it...idk if you ever get the chance please stop by and explain that line...its going to kill me lol.

peace of bre.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is too funny!! Only because it sounds like my nutty love life. lol Thanks for entering it into the Missing Him, Missing Her contest.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like the lower case letters, and I think it fits the story well. (Freudian slip?)


"put me in your consonants, put me in your vowels" - this is good!

I really like this, Amanda. The structure is strong and direct, belying the romantic vulnerability of the piece. I like the repetitive line "I want you to read this" and I wonder if it would be a good stanza breaker if you were so inclined. Certainly not necessary, but it might be fun to see how it lays out that way. Really good job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really like this, Amanda. You have a way with words. You know how to get them to make pictures...A talent that is very valuable and that doesn't come easy, but you make it seem so natural. I love reading your stuff.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I liked the spirit pervading the poem. I felt like there is some sort of contained desperation filtered through a proud declaration of your feelings, which is basically what is implied when we love somebody, but we're never able to unveil completely.
A delicate and convincing piece of writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


i will never inspire that.
but i will try every chance i get.
i want you to read this.
and put me in your consonants.
put me in your vowels.
let me be the music.
that plays in the background while you write.
i want you to write me poems.
with lowercase letters.
and small soothing words.
and let me be the thought.
in between the spaces.

Simply amazing, Like this it is really cute really, so well written. You are very talented and creative. Least I think you are.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ok...I'll try.

Just kidding. I really liked this. If only everyone understood and cherished poetry.

Jeff

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

859 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 15, 2008

Author

~amanda~
~amanda~

Hollywood, CA



About
i hate filling these things in... i end up deleting everything i write and then trying for a ridiculously long amount of time to compensate for it... my name is amanda. i am a capricorn. i .. more..

Writing
adventure adventure

A Poem by ~amanda~


Letters. Letters.

A Poem by ~amanda~



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..