Jump Rope

Jump Rope

A Story by Exa Lectric
"

A girl looks back at her life and the friends she knows will always be there for her - for any reason.

"

With the grass cool on my back, gentle breeze blowing across my face, and his warm hand in mine, I thought back before all of this. I was drowning in the worst way possible. Physically, I almost did that once, but that was a long time ago. Mentally, I have been for most of my life. 

            The water pushed on my chest, forcing air out of my lungs. Becoming lightheaded, I knew the end was near. I could try to swim to the surface, but I didn’t know where the surface was. Besides, I was too deep to have a chance of reaching it if I knew the direction. I let my limbs go limp and felt the current pull me along, effortlessly. It pulled me along as if I wasn’t even here - as if I was just another part of the ocean. Soon I would be.

            I don’t regret anything. These last few months have been the best of my life. I finally found a place to fit in, where I feel safe. For so long I was hiding behind a façade that seemed to be permanently stitched to my face. I found myself - the real one. And slowly, I was able to remove each stitch and be free.

            I was saved in more ways than one. I’ll admit I’ve had major downs and wished it was over at least a thousand times. More than once, it almost happened but they saved me. My life may have been short but I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I found a new family; people I know I can trust. They are worth more to me than my own life.

            Without air, I sucked in water and tried to cough, resulting in ingesting more water. My vision blacked out and it was finally over. As I finally lost consciousness, a feeling of relaxation came over me and a smile spread on my face.

            The next thing I remembered was waking up in a hospital with those same people staring at me. I was still alive. That day, I sank into the water, and they jumped in after me. And they saved me; I will forever be in their debt. If I jump… you jump…

© 2011 Exa Lectric


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on June 15, 2011
Last Updated on June 15, 2011