Feathers

Feathers

A Story by Exa Lectric
"

Reflections, through new eyes.

"

Staring at a blank canvas, I let my mind wander. I closed my eyes and began to draw.  The charcoal was cool in my hand. The tantalizing scent of it swirled up around me filling me with my sweet addiction. I drew my fingers over the page, fading lines as it was needed and smudging shadows.

I thought back before my life flipped over. I was so close to the end.  On more than one occasion I found myself in a rather strange predicament, perched high above the earth to watch over the world.  So often I had wanted to slip off the edge and plummet to the bottom but I was never able to go through with it. The thought of leaving my post behind kept me from loosening my grip.  

That was before I learned how to fly. I don’t know how I survived so long with that life. Now, it’s as if my entire mindset has changed.  Before, I was screaming in the dark with no one to hear me, confined to a small space, alone. Now I can soar freely! I can communicate with others around me; I can share my thoughts.

I used to think there was only myself to talk to. I never realized all I had to do was spread my wings and let the wind take me. I no longer stare reluctantly at the world ahead of me " I embrace its warmth and accept its glow. Now I am truly free.

Taking this all in, I finally looked at what I had created. In a spiral of black wind was a while feather, softly falling; gentle and serene. The loss of a feather will not halt a bird.

© 2011 Exa Lectric


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on June 21, 2011
Last Updated on June 21, 2011