THE TALE OF CURSED PRINCESS

THE TALE OF CURSED PRINCESS

A Story by ķřăźŷ_ĺīļ_āľĩĕņ
"

A combination of fairy tales that touches heart

"

There was a kingdom where lived a king who had a seventeen year old princess whom he refused to let anyone to see her. Not even the princes from the neighboring kingdoms were allowed to date her. And for that her life was quite sad and lonely. She never see the outside world. Only the four walls and the wooden door were her friends. Though she had exquisite things endowed to her but those were never enough if her life was trapped like a bird in the cage.

                However, day has come when she turned eighteen. The king was pestered to hold a birthday party for his only little girl. The announcement came to the princess and she was overjoyed with the celebration. However, the king made a terrible instruction. She should not reveal her face and that in the party, she should wear a mask while moving around. She did not understand why her father made that instruction but she had to obey anyway.

                The gate to the palace that had never been opened finally welcoming the guests from various kingdoms. All of them enjoyed the party at the ball. The princess showed up in her mask and she walked around greeting the guests. They were all looking awesome. She was so jealous she could not reveal herself behind the mask. Suddenly she bumped into a prince. A handsome prince. He was eye catching and she felt her heart was pounding heavily. The prince turned to her and smiled.

                ‘Would you like to dance with me?’ The prince coughed out the words that made the princess blushed. She slowly offered her hand and the prince held gently. Both of them walked to the middle of the ball slowly and the guests gave them way. Some were cheering. Some were awing. The couple looked fabulous but many were curious about the face of the princess. The music played and both were dancing gracefully. The princess was having the best moment in her life. She was feeling so happy.

                After the dance, the prince who was curious of how she looked asked if she could remove her mask. The princess turned around. She started sobbing. ‘My father would kill me if I would remove the mask.’ The prince was surprised. ‘Why do you say that, princess?’ The princess shook her head. She shrugged. ‘I don’t know my prince. It is an instruction.’ The prince inhaled. Approaching her and patted on her shoulder he convinced. ‘If it is not convenient for you to reveal here, why not we go to the garden?’ The princess thought it was a good idea. So both of them went to the garden.

                As they were far from the palace and everyone’s view and both were comfortable being unseen, the princess slowly took off the mask. The prince was astonished with her look. She had a large ugly patch on her face. It was a curse done by a witch on her when she was a baby. The prince who stared at her ugly patch was turned into a frog immediately. It stunned the princess greatly. ‘What have I done?’ She became so panicked and quickly picked up the frog.

                Now she realized why her father did not want her to remove the mask. She put back her mask, got off from the palace and went to the town asking around if anyone could help her turn back the frog into a prince. The townsfolks thought she was insane. Houses to houses she went, knocking on the door and showed them the frog requesting them to turn the frog back to a prince but the people just ignored her. She began to weep and sat in front of a small house that seemed like an abandoned one.

                As she was crying, someone inside the house opened up the door. She stood up sniffing uncontrollably and the man asked of why she cried. She began telling how she turned the prince into a frog and how desperate she was to return the prince into his original look. Hearing that the man agreed to help her. ‘With condition, poor girl. Bring a cupful of your tears tomorrow and I shall see what I can do.’ The princess upon hearing that was glad and she returned to her palace.

                The next day, she returned to the house with a cupful of tears as demanded by the man. This time, another condition was given. ‘Bring me the heart of the frog and I will see what I can do.’ Hearing that the princess was in terrible dilemma. ‘Kill the frog prince you mean?’ The man shrugged. ‘It is up to you. But I really need the heart of that frog.’ The princess went back to the palace with even more gloomy expression. She looked at the frog, blade at another hand but she was not willing to kill it.

                ‘If I would kill the frog, I’m not only losing the frog, I will lose the prince too. Oh god, what should I do?’ She kept thinking until suddenly an idea came. She was delighted then. Tomorrow, she returned to the house with the heart of the frog. As the man received the heart, he looked suspiciously at the princess. ‘Is this the heart of the frog prince you bring to me?’ The princess was dumbstruck. ‘How did you know it wasn’t his heart?’ The man raised his eyebrows. ‘So you are telling me it was not the frog prince’s heart.’ The princess began to sob. ‘No. I didn’t kill the prince. I caught another frog and brought its heart to you.’

                The man began to laugh. ‘Excellent, excellent. You did the right thing.’ The princess was startled. ‘What do you mean, sir?’ The man turned into the witch that casted spell on her when she was a child. ‘It was me who cursed you, princess. That was for the mistake your father had done for not keeping his promise and I see now a princess with true love moved me really.’ The princess was dazed. ‘Now I change the frog back to the prince. I am deeply impressed of what you did and for that, I remove the curse on him but not on you.’ The princess was glad to see the frog was turned back into the prince who was lying unconscious

                ‘Now what can I do to recover my look?’ The witch gave her a pair of glass shoes. ‘I made these shoes from your tears. You must make the prince to wear the shoes for you and kiss you while you’re wearing the mask and the spell on you would be removed as well.’ The princess was not sure if the prince would want her back. ‘But I was the one making him so frightened about my face. I’m not sure if I can ensure him to kiss me.’ The witch smiled. ‘Love comes with care, trust and with sacrifice and being responsible of one’s action and understanding to one another. Be certain of yourself, my dear. It is up to you now.’

                The witch disappeared. The prince began to gain consciousness. The princess came knelt down to him and smiled. ‘Welcome back prince to becoming yourself again.’ As the prince saw her, he retreated a little. ‘Don’t come near me! You turned me into a frog!’ The princess lowered her face. ‘I am sorry and I did my best to get you recovered. I met this witch and she lifted your curse. And now to leave my curse, I need you to do a little favor.’

                The prince looked at her questioning. ‘What should I do for you?’ The princess showed him a pair of beautiful glass shoes. ‘Her instruction was simple though I know it’s hard for you to do. You should put on the glass shoes on my feet and kiss me in the lips.’ The prince was shocked. ‘Woah really?’ The princess spoke in sorrowful voice. ‘This is my only last hope and I wish I don’t have the scary scar on my face. If you are my true love, do as the witch say. It needs a little sacrifice to make things perfect.’

                Hearing the words touched the prince deeply. He built his confidence, took the shoes and wore them on her feet. The princess was delighted when he did. He looked up at the princess and slowly touching his lips on her and both of them kissed. Suddenly the halo shone upon them. The curse was lifted and the scar was removed. Both of them were radiant. The prince could not believe of what he saw. The princess slowly took off the mask and the prince awed at her. She was so beautiful, the most enchanting woman he ever seen.

                The princess was so happy as well with her beauty being restored. The witch appeared again. ‘This is the best moment I ever see. Love conquers it all. Love make both of you so beautiful, lifting what was the remorse and healed the worse scar ever.’ Both of them thanked the witch. And the witch added. ‘The glass shoes, made of the princess’ tears was the sacrifice she gave to catch your love, prince. Treasure her actions, treasure her as well. As the glass shoes, come in pair symbolized her heart and her love. Fragile in nature. If ever the glass shoes were broken, it’s like the love is shattered the pain in the heart, can never reattach perfectly no matter how hard you try.’

© 2015 ķřăźŷ_ĺīļ_āľĩĕņ


Author's Note

ķřăźŷ_ĺīļ_āľĩĕņ
please point out grammar error but most of all enjoy the story

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A lovely fairy tale and a touching moral. There were quite a few grammar errors but it was still possible to follow the story and enjoy it - which I definitely did! Well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Bravo..!....nice story...touching..:)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ķřăźŷ_ĺīļ_āľĩĕņ

8 Years Ago

Thank you and enjoy with my other posts as well :D
vinit kumar

8 Years Ago

mind to review my work as well...that will help me in improving my skills..!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

507 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 26, 2015
Last Updated on June 26, 2015
Tags: heart, romance, love, prince, princess, shoes, curse, happy ending, frog, cinderella, palace, medusa, witch, spell, magic

Author

ķřăźŷ_ĺīļ_āľĩĕņ
ķřăźŷ_ĺīļ_āľĩĕņ

Taiping, Perak, Malaysia



About
I am not any good writer but like everyone, it needs a start. What's wrong with trying? Try, fall, rise and keep going. The more you are hurt the tougher you become. What doesn't kill you makes you st.. more..

Writing