Valentine

Valentine

A Poem by Alice Poésy
"

Heart Anatomy Poetry #5

"

If only you could tear yourself 

from the things you cannot purchase,

then maybe you’d let me

fill your every breath with purpose.

© 2016 Alice Poésy


Author's Note

Alice Poésy
A little scribble from a few weeks ago. A quick pop in from yours truly.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have two words for you: well done!

(short and sweet with that nice spice of profundity - much enjoyed)

Posted 4 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
FIN
Beautiful. It reminds me of doing something more impactful (like writing) rather than getting lost in "the land of currency." Or in other words "false desires of enjoyment and acceptance."

Posted 7 Years Ago


I’ve read this many times and it’s perfect! I had to edit (really re-write) my review because it wasn’t easy explaining the impact it had on me. Albert Einstein said, “If you can’t explain something simply, that’s probably because you don’t understand it well enough.” I think I understand it now. Okay, here it goes;


There seems to be an impressive (and I do mean impressive) fork in the road (aka poem) that keeps me thinking of the A part while reading the B part. It’s like your words narrate over the motion-imagery of the present situation of him, that you spoke of in the A part, and the wishful thinking you have of yourself in the B part. It felt like both parts were so close together, I was seeing both of them at the same time. Which was awesome! This fork, had an elliptical construction type entertainment to it, that was again, impressive.


At first I thought it had something to do with your clarity, which I’m not saying it doesn’t. I’m still having trouble understanding/explaining (don’t tell Albert Einstein lol). Your poem is like prosetry; there’s so much clarity in what you’re talking about that it’s like prose, whereas they way you compose your words and the imagery is just down right beautiful poetry. But the best way I can explain it is by the fork, the elliptical construction type entertainment your poem conveys.


It may sound confusing but I'm being honest, and it may sound like other poems do that, and maybe, but this poem has brought it to my attention like none other, that I've read or wrote. You're an amazing writer, Alice. Keep up the great work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
We are all expert at wanting what we can't have and never seeing the true value of what we have, or could have, if only we could take our blinkers off.

Posted 7 Years Ago


great rhyme for effect...and what you can never buy is right in front of you all the time...a heart to love.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

407 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 10, 2016
Last Updated on November 10, 2016
Tags: life, love, purpose, obsessions, self

Author

Alice Poésy
Alice Poésy

Europe



About
There's definitely something old but something pretty new; something borrowed and something very, very blue. 20 years old; redheaded, European and unapologetic. I like people who paint vivid pictur.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Paper fish Paper fish

A Poem by Relic