Embrace

Embrace

A Story by Alice Allen

It was the final act of our desperate premise. We clung to each other, my fingers entwined in the tangles of your hair and your elbows clung to my forearms. One hand gripped the back of my neck whilst the other gently fit into the small of my back. Why we were doing this I did not know. Times were hard, emotionally and mentally, and life was quickly becoming more difficult to fathom for the both of us. We thought that if we held on to one another so tightly that something would magically make everything alright. As if our love was strong enough to create miracles. We were two people who were so similar who needed reassurance from both themselves and somebody else. Through that moment, we were able to achieve that. I gave you the warmth of my soul as you gave me the light of your heart. God knows how long we sat there in the dark through them harsh December winters, it must have been hours, perhaps even days, but as soon as we broke away, it suddenly felt that merely a few minutes had flown by.
I hoped this would become a regular occurrence, sometimes it's nice to overcome the turmoils of the world and the thoughts (or problems) in my head and heart. In our embrace I felt a promise, security and stability. It's insatiable for me to ask for more, but I know you feel the same way. It somehow makes complete sense to us both, and I can say that in that solid lock of trust and love, it gave me the confidence to stand up to the future, past, and present and face them head on. For that I am grateful. I am grateful for you.

© 2013 Alice Allen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on June 19, 2013
Last Updated on June 19, 2013

Author

Alice Allen
Alice Allen

United Kingdom



About
I'm Alice, I'm 15 years old, and I like art, good books, theatre, astrology, good music, and literature. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Alice Allen