Truth, The Quest For

Truth, The Quest For

A Story by Alisa Js


After all this time, the smiles, the tears, the ever after, was it really nothing more than a sense of scatterbrain? Splashes of sunlight in an otherwise dreary life of solitude, mixed among the smattering of wild life that would peek about when the coast was clear. 

I remember exploring all those episodes of magic, sheer ecstasy from beyond the galaxies I was certain we would attain, one day. We lived and breathed within that dream and what a lovely dream it was, enough to take your breath away, even if you didn't believe.

Standing here beside myself, inside my mind, I realize now and maybe for the first time that it would never be.  

Programmed as we are, humans of the dsyfunctional kind,  we can only hope for normalcy, and seldom if ever will ever achieve that objective, unless we break free.  A monumental task in and of itself, for it requires courage, bravery and an overall persistence that refuses to give up...

In the quest for truth.

The truth of who we are in spite of! The reality of our being when all else fades away and we are left with nothing else.

All layers gone and left along side those days of youthful vigor. Now, stripped bare, we stare and see who's really there, staring back, the one who is, marinated now in wisdom of the sages...

( to be continued...)

© 2017 Alisa Js


Author's Note

Alisa Js
Some thoughts on this day as I attempt to process an extraordinary change of events that may or make no sense...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Vic
Very poetic. The first sentence felt a little long, I had to go over it a couple times to pick up on the cadence and meaning. You created some very beautiful images.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Alisa Js

6 Years Ago

Thank you, Vic...

I will be by soon.

Alisa
Alisa Js

6 Years Ago

I have edited it.
My favorite of yours I think, I especially loved:
Standing here beside myself, inside my mind, I realize now and maybe for the first time that it could never be.  Programmed as we are, humans of the dsyfunctional kind,  we can only hope for normalcy, and seldom if ever will ever achieve that objective, unless we break free.  A monumental task in and of itself, for it requires courage, bravery and an overall persistence that refuses to give up in the quest.

The quest for truth.


Posted 6 Years Ago


Alisa Js

6 Years Ago

Thank you... it is a continual one, for sure.
Alisa Js

6 Years Ago

I have edited it.
Corset

6 Years Ago

:) hope all is well for you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 9, 2017
Last Updated on May 12, 2017

Author

Alisa Js
Alisa Js

honolulu, HI



About
We meet here for such a time as this. more..

Writing
Gifts Gifts

A Poem by Alisa Js


If Only If Only

A Poem by Alisa Js