Layers upon layers

Layers upon layers

A Story by Alisa Js

If I say, 'I love', does it mean this love goes undefined? Or perhaps uncategorized spreading out into a billion, 'what if's' ... without real meaning other than that which is, right now. How does this emotion, this feeling get so tragically trounced without even trying? 
In another time, another place in the sand along that proverbial beach, we were there, just the two of us.  We were in paradise, you and me, on an island filled with others, yet.... all that mattered was the sound of the waves as they splashed against our backs...
As we jumped inside the ocean, dancing to a song only we could hear, the music was real; alive in our hearts as we swam among the crowd that to us, was invisible, silent... mute even.
Looking back, I am amazed at how much fun we had that day as nothing else mattered.
And now, there are reams of regret... or is it nothing more than a clumsy way of saying, ' I may have missed the mark, I was so certain of '.... and with this pen to paper... trying to make sense. 
Why do those words of love bring fear and dread to those who have never tasted the golden fruit of realization? So many in life dream of one day, some day...
... only to wake up decades later with no more days, and then what?
It slowly began to dawn on her that it was all an illusion. A shadow of the mind, a dream within a dream that now was gone or maybe never was. What about all this time? Where did it go? Slipping through the rays without a sound...
Reasons remained the same although the lines were drawn across an inevitable field of lingering possibilities... if you could still call it that, after all this time...
And one by one, they began to fall... peeled away with each passing year.  Layers upon layers to finally reveal....
( to be continued...)

© 2017 Alisa Js


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on May 12, 2017
Last Updated on May 12, 2017

Author

Alisa Js
Alisa Js

honolulu, HI



About
We meet here for such a time as this. more..

Writing
Gifts Gifts

A Poem by Alisa Js


If Only If Only

A Poem by Alisa Js