Hesitate

Hesitate

A Poem by Alisa Js




the hard, steely slap of your silence
caught me off guard,
knocked me to my knees.
grasping for answers
scrambling
to pick up any clues
scattered across
all those yesterdays
or the day before,
I'm no longer sure

we pranced in front of the melody
our delirious duets,
kept me smiling all night
laughing into the daylight
hilarious,
fabulous
amazing

quiet now
no response,
my heart aches
while you hesitate...

© 2013 Alisa Js


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Alisa Js,
"Hesitate"
"Slap of silence'..grasping for answers..scrambling to pick up any clues."
Silence can be a treasure and it has it's wonderful place. Isn't it interesting how it can also be so out of place when in the context of close friendship or love?
"Laughing in daylight.quiet now..my heart aches, while you hesitate."
This is where the real work of salvaging the relationship ban begin or not.
I truly enjoyed reading your poem..hope read more. Finding and reading new work-poets is so interesting and just fun...early work as well.
Nice to meet you.
Blessings to you in life and writing.
Kathy

Posted 6 Years Ago


Alisa Js

6 Years Ago

Thanks Kathy...for your time and comments. I will be by soon.

Alisa
The silent treatment is very cruel... Men are prone to do this because we go hide in our caves. I do not think we realize the pain it causes to our partners. It is selfish to be sure, but usually, if one is patient the silence will be broken... for better or worse, it is still preferable to the stalemate of silence.


Posted 8 Years Ago


Alisa Js

8 Years Ago

It is quite cruel, indeed. Thank you for stopping by.
I had to scroll down past the image Alisa - its beautiful and so appropraite but I can see Jabba The Hutt in the clouds on the left sitting all slug like with a big grin.
Having said that...

I loved the search in this - for answers to questions that the other party perhaps hasnt been directly asked, perhaps answers to questions we think they should know we are asking - be telepathic - because we feel the connection with the significant other is so strong that 'surely - they must know...'- surely they must be able to feel us floundering like a fish on a line against the bank - gasping and struggling - feeling 'At least hit me over the head and it'll be over'

you raise lots of points with your writing Alisa

Posted 9 Years Ago


ANTO

9 Years Ago

** as you rightly point out hesitancy but one side - should read 'on one side '
Alisa Js

9 Years Ago

😍. Very well stated, you! Have a great weekend.

Alisa :-)
ANTO

9 Years Ago

Bye Alisa - have a good weekend yourself :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
~ i have known this silence and the music before it... but you've articulated it so brilliantly... that i can feel it in my gut right now... ~ i loved the structure of this piece a lot too... the three parts are perfect... a journey through time and memories... represented visually and poetically... ~ very moving poetry... very beautifully written...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Glad you stopped by...

Posted 11 Years Ago


How is it that I am running across poems that are so poignant for the moment I am in. This poem speaks to me as I mourn a warm wind turning cool. Thank you, excellent write. Loved it.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 17, 2010
Last Updated on April 3, 2013

Author

Alisa Js
Alisa Js

honolulu, HI



About
We meet here for such a time as this. more..

Writing
Gifts Gifts

A Poem by Alisa Js


If Only If Only

A Poem by Alisa Js



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Strange Strange

A Poem by ...