The root of the problem.

The root of the problem.

A Story by Tinotenda Nyevedzanai
"

Short story - ATC

"
 The Root of the Problem.

 

You might not be able to see this with your hugely ginormous human eye but the mites mighty eye surely can clearly identify the patterns on trees, fewer more educated minds with even sharper eyes can read the maps of trees and interpret their meanings. The faeries of course look straight into the fine, deep detail and understanding of the root.

 

Don't ever upset a faerie. Not by means of no understanding. The forest can be a very dark place but only out of context, if you look at it openly you can see all of the colour and magic within.

Faeries are not so small like everyone thinks. They say you can’t see them because they are tiny or that they hide away. This isn't true though because faeries are not shy they don’t like to hide away and they come in all sorts of shapes and sizes.

 

I very often find that the deeper you venture into the forest the larger the faeries are, or perhaps you just get smaller when you see how big the world is? Either way a lesson I have very much learned in life is never under estimate a faerie, they are full of spirit which is a lot more powerful than the bodies that are contained around it. In some other animals like lions the body over powers the spirit so it’s survival instinct will always dominate the thoughts and determine the behaviour of the lion, however with a faerie they can see passed what is in front of them and open up entirely new worlds all together. 

 

The faerie folk held a gathering by the great oak tree next to the lake. Water has a funny relationship with time, it keeps flowing but doesn't. Still beauty is reflected almost clearly in water like the moon when the yellow glistens on the lake as if it actually puts stars inside the surface layer to bathe beneath their own selves. The faeries had decorated the wise tree with red flowers, soft green moss, ambient glowing lanterns and draping vines. They had eaten pumpkins, drank apple cider and were now dancing late into the night among the dragonflies for the forest that night was under a great spell. A dark spell more powerful than all of the creatures that lived there put together if they were to fight against it as one, they had no choice they must leave their homes tonight. Their burrows, webs, nooks and nests all had to vanish into thin air and without a trace for they had to prepare for the invasion of the human race.

 

Everything was alive, nocturnal tonight the party went on for hours filled with magical stories and laughter until the new light came and the faerie folk hugged one another, the music played on as they hurried the beasts and creatures from their homes, chasing the stubborn goblins from their caves and calming the unicorns in their fretful state. It would not be long now until the metal machines of doom would appear and begin to kill the forest, the faeries feared but did not show their emotion. Instead they laughed and joked and sang as they journeyed up the mountain the owls following behind them, slow and clumsy wobbling all over the place in a wiggly squiggly single file. 

 

The forest was silent. Not a single lady bug remained. 

 

The travelling forest folk sang louder as the monster machinery began, far from the forest now still piercing every ear drum vibrating the earth beneath them upsetting their great mother. The faeries could hear deep into the soil, beats and bustle of blood and battle were tales told true for the faeries eye, this may seem like it was the end but the faeries knew this was only just beginning. 

 

© 2015 Tinotenda Nyevedzanai


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A story seemed to be told by an expert. Have the faeries been whispering into your ear perhaps? A job well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ANM
A work of imagination that sadly mirrors life it is time we paid heed to mother earth before it is to late! Well written Aly thank you for penning it!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tinotenda Nyevedzanai

10 Years Ago

You are too kind haha thank you :)
ANM

10 Years Ago

Hmm Kind is only a heartbeat away from bad....P
a wonderful imagination ....................................


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tinotenda Nyevedzanai

10 Years Ago

Thank you :)
EDDAIDJ Badr Eddine

10 Years Ago

you're welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 3, 2014
Last Updated on March 8, 2015

Author

Tinotenda Nyevedzanai
Tinotenda Nyevedzanai

Dallas, Kent



About
Just a fifteen year old who enjoys reading and writing. Music makes me happy. New works are in the making and are going to be published soon more..

Writing