YOU

YOU

A Poem by Alfred Kukitz
"

Should you be thee?

"
IN a seance tale of hide and seek
I have found the word
I have to tell
It's terribleness trembling
As I begin its tale.

You. Yes You
Who lack a face, a heart & soul,
You who make a split between you and me
Which finds us lacking a complete togetherness
And a hiding of thee.

© 2014 Alfred Kukitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you everyone! I recalled Martin Bulbar book I & Thee, I didn't read the book but read about it. I think this is where the idea manifested.

Posted 9 Years Ago


this is heavy....and reminds me of a séance scene in the movie "the uninvited" from 1944...and how suddenly the wine glass flew across the room into the fireplace.

the spirits move us, the spirit of love moves us...and pain can come in those moments when the other is hiding...and there is no complete togetherness.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I love this poem, because so many of us could ever truly find the words to tell. What you have done is exposed the true color of a harden heart. Great work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This poem gets me thinking of the existential consequences of this schism between “me“ and “thee“. If “thee” would stop hiding, then “me” and “thee” would join just as when two soap bubbles touch to become one big bubble. Perhaps the “Source“, the Big Eternal Bubble breaks into smaller bubbles so as to multitask every artful possibility so it may experience every possibility simultaneously. This means that the big Source Bubble is hiding behind its divisibility. All the smaller bubbles shall once again come together to form the Master Bubble in the fullness of time. I'm using "bubble" as a metaphor within this thought process. The little bubble knows its Master.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 29, 2014
Last Updated on July 29, 2014
Tags: seance, thee, you, tale

Author

Alfred Kukitz
Alfred Kukitz

Deering, NH



About
Yes, I'm still here. Just jazzing up my about me story. Sorry I don't die at the end. more..

Writing