Best Vintage Items for your Home and Decor

Best Vintage Items for your Home and Decor

A Story by Allison David
"

You may find many places or stores for contemporary furniture, but getting vintage or antique furniture can be a bit if a challenge these days.

"

You may find many places or stores for contemporary furniture, but getting vintage or antique furniture can be a bit if a challenge these days. There are not many furniture stores that are keen on selling old antique furniture, but there are many online stores that are fully focused on selling some of the best antique furniture. Vintage Furniture Perth is a classic example of some of the best places to get the best vintage furniture. It is a matter of interest and craving that drives people to buy old vintage furniture.


Owning a piece of vintage furniture is like having a piece of history in your possession. There is an old saying, “One person’s thrash is another person’s treasure” is true even till today. What you may find useless, may be liked by others. Items that have a historical background never get out of fashion and they will bring back memories of the living past. With the advent of the internet, buying vintage furniture has become very easy these days. You can even enter online auctions and place your bids on some of the most antique furniture.


Contrary to popular belief, vintage furniture is built to last and so even if you buy old furniture, it will go on and on. If you use the antique furniture in a conventional manner, you will not have a problem in using it for a long time. Even antique furniture demands regular maintenance just like the regular furniture.


In addition to antique furniture, you have several other pieces of history that you can load onto your home. For example, you can use Patchwork Rugs or Vintage Rugs to complement antique furniture. These rugs are very similar to regular rugs, but the main difference lies in the pattern and texture. You can have a mix of rug types for your home. These rugs will give you a contemporary twist on traditional styles. Some rugs have intricate patterns that will surely have a great impact on the onlookers. Some of the fabrics of the rugs will provide astonishing colour combinations that will suit modern as well as traditional interiors. You can have jacquard woven rugs that use a blend of the finest wool and cotton chenille. There are so many combinations in rugs�"that will surely give you a tough time in selection.



The traditional rugs were handmade and they give a total indication of the craftsmanship and talent. You may not find this in the machine made rugs that are totally uniform and give an indication of mechanical means. The handmade rugs are generally rugged and very tough. They can be washed and dried as regular fabric, but they too are susceptible to strong detergents.


In the home, it is very important to place the antique items correctly. Saving space in smaller rooms is paramount and most vintage furniture used minimal floor space. These vintage or antique furniture are generally seen in restaurants that have retro or classical themes. It is always good to have a good collection of these furniture to make a bold statement in your home.  

© 2014 Allison David


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
Added on October 22, 2014
Last Updated on October 22, 2014

Author

Allison David
Allison David

London, United Kingdom



About
I am Allison David, an marketing export, from London UK & CA. I just love to share content/things over the web thats featuring physiotherapy, Health, wedding dj, computer repair, travel and Business I.. more..

Writing