106. Reid, the King of Antagonizing

106. Reid, the King of Antagonizing

A Chapter by halflives
"

In which the BAU does some work around the camp, and Olivia reveals to Ian why she knows him. Short chapter but WHAT THE HELL.

"

*Everyone is awake now, and everyone has stopped scaring one another and jumping out of nowhere. In the extreme heat of the day, the BAU has decided to repay InGen for letting them stay the night -- and possibly more nights to come -- by doing some work around the camp. They split up into pairs -- Morgan and JJ; Hotch and Prentiss; Jocelyn and Reid; Megan and Gideon; and Mayisha with Peter Ludlow for some other project he wanted her for -- so that nobody gets eaten by dinosaurs*

 

*With Gideon and Megan*

 

*Gideon and Megan are moving boxes. Gideon pushes a box into place and Megan checks to make sure that it’s right. When she’s satisfied, they look at the pile of boxes they still have left to move. There’s about thirty in the pile. Gideon sighs and wipes the sweat off his forehead while Megan leans against the wall of boxes for a moment, looking thoughtful*

 

Gideon: *notices Megan looking deep in thought* You all right?

 

Megan: Yeah… I was just thinking.

 

Gideon: What about? About how you want to slaughter Ludlow for making us do his dirty work for him?

 

Megan: Well, yeah, that too.

 

Gideon: Well that else could you be thinking out on a dinosaur infested island working with a group of morons! *this earns his dirty looks* Um, did I say morons? I-I meant… moronically wonderful people! Yes, indeed. *the people look away* Morons.

 

Megan: I should be thinking about the job, and whether Olivia is alive or not--

 

Gideon: Oh yes. I forgot about her for a moment.

 

Megan: --but something else popped into my head.

 

Gideon: Yes?

 

Megan: Remember when we looked up Fanfiction dot Net?

 

Gideon: *groans* Dear God, don’t remind me.

 

Megan: Well, what if our lives were on there? If mean, the BAU without us is already there, but what if we were added in. Who would people ship us with?

 

Gideon: Obviously, you and I.

 

Megan: Would they, thought?

 

Gideon: Probably. *leans in to kiss her*

 

Megan: *takes a step back* Jason, not here. With all these people watching.

 

Gideon: *frowning, pulls back* Fine. But you owe me a kiss.

 

Megan: That’s fine with me.

 

Gideon: *turns back to the boxes* In the meantime, we have to finish these boxes.

 

Megan: It seems like we’re doing all the work; what’s the rest of the team doing?

 

Gideon: Well, Ludlow took Mayisha into his tent for some “special work”--

 

Megan: Dear GOD.

 

Gideon: What is it?

 

Megan: Special. Work.

 

Gideon: You don’t think--

 

Megan: No--

 

Gideon and Megan: MAYISHA HAS A BOYFRIEND.

 

*with Jocelyn and Reid*

 

*Jocelyn and Reid were asked to keep guard along with two other hunters from InGen. Reid is characteristically cautious, and Jocelyn is grinning like a maniac*

 

Jocelyn: They asked us to KEEP GUARD? Against DINOSAURS? Are they SERIOUS?

 

Reid: Evidently.

 

Jocelyn: *checks her watch* Well, it should be getting dark, soon--

 

Reid: Wait, hold on a moment.

 

Jocelyn: What? Do you see a--

 

Reid: No. You never wear a watch.

 

Jocelyn: …What?

 

Reid: I’ve never seen you wear a watch a day in my life, and I’ve known you now for a few months.

 

Jocelyn: Um… I… Found it?

 

Reid: Where?

 

Jocelyn: Do you think I stole it?

 

Reid: No, I want to know why the hell you’re wearing a watch.

 

Jocelyn: BECAUSE I WANT TO THAT’S WHY.

 

Two Hunters: Shut up!

 

Jocelyn: NO YOU--

 

Reid: No use antagonizing them.

 

Jocelyn: Oh yeah, ’cause you’re just the king of antagonizing.

 

Reid: I am no such thing!

 

Jocelyn: Sure. Whatever floats your boat, princess.

 

Reid: I-- What-- I AM NOT A PRINCESS.

 

Two Hunters: SHUT UP!

 

Jocelyn and Reid: NO YOU.

 

*with Mayisha and Ludlow*

 

*the “special project” that Ludlow asked Mayisha into his tent for was commencing; he told her what he wanted her to tonight, and Mayisha isn’t very happy*

 

Mayisha: …so let me get this straight. *Ludlow nods* You want me to stand in the background while you film your demonstration to the people back home in the States because I’m pretty, and you want them to think that you get pretty girls, and still run a formidable job? *Ludlow nods* …All because you kissed me?

 

Ludlow: I believe it was YOU that kissed ME.

 

Mayisha: Only because you coerced me.

 

Ludlow: I did no such pressuring.

 

Mayisha: I won’t say anything to stroke your ego.

 

Ludlow: Just you being in my presence strokes my ego. I was able to keep a pretty girl in my midst.

 

Mayisha: …You realize you’re stroking my ego too.

 

Ludlow: Two birds with one stone, darling.

 

Mayisha: DON’T CALL ME DARLING.

 

Ludlow: …Then what do I call you?

 

Mayisha: SUPERVISORY SPECIAL AGENT MAYISHA MUSHROOM KHAN.

 

Ludlow: That’s a lot to say in one breath.

 

Mayisha: THEN TAKE TWO BREATHS.

 

*back at the trailer-camp-thing with Ian Malcolm, Dr. Sarah Harding, Nick Van Owen, Eddie Carr, Ian’s daughter Kelly, and of course, myself, Supervisory Special Agent Olivia Smith*

*We’re preparing for our escapade tonight. Sarah, Eddie and Nick are making sure they’ve got everything prepared for tonight, and Kelly is inside, sitting in the air conditioning as instructed by her father, who is standing beside me*

 

Ian: I’m not really sure about tonight.

 

Me: The feeling’s mutual.

 

Ian: Surely they can’t be serious.

 

Me: They are serious… and don’t call me Shirley.

 

Ian: Seriously? Airplane quote at a time like this?

 

Me: Inform me on what kind of time this is, Ian Malcolm.

 

Ian: A serious time.

 

Me: Oh, how could I have not guessed?

 

Ian: Don’t… make fun of me.

 

Me: WHY THE HELL NOT. LIFE FINDS A WAY.

 

Ian: You never explained to me how you knew everything. And now you come out with “Life Finds a Way”? Do you know me?

 

Me: Well, um. Um. Um.

 

Ian: And…?

 

Me: Um.

 

Ian: Talk.

 

Me: Um.

 

Ian: “UM” isn’t going to get you anywhere.

 

Me: Um.

 

Ian: You’re hilarious.

 

Me: OKAY FINE. You want to know why I know who you are? Someone taped your life, and then chronicled it in a movie. Or rather, two movies. Jurassic Park, and The Lost World. Actually, this guy wrote a book first. The books were amazing, but--

 

Ian: WHAT?!

 

Me: I knew you’d freak out.



© 2012 halflives


Author's Note

halflives
i was actually flipping through one of my old journals, and i found an entry that read simply, "ian malcolm: life found a way to make you hot!".

um. i worry for my younger self.

anyway, here's another brilliant, fantastic, incredible, wonderful, short and probably none of these things chapter of lccc from your friendly neighborhood olivia. enjoy, my pretties.

oh, and write who you would ship in responce to the ffn thingy. myself? mideon. lotch. mudlow. ehh, that's about it. besides loctor, of course.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Mayisha: SUPERVISORY SPECIAL AGENT MAYISHA MUSHROOM KHAN.

I LOVE MY NAME

Posted 11 Years Ago


HOW HOW HOW HOW DID I NO REVIEW THIS BEFORE??
Ahem. Sorry.
It is brilliant, fantastic, incredible, wonderful, and yes short. Don't shortchange yourself.
WRITE. MOAR.
Oh yeah I ship Loctor and Mideon, of course. I don't really know what else I'd ship, to be honest.

Posted 11 Years Ago


SEE I REVIEWED IT NOW YOU CAN WRITE MORE.
It's beautiful (it always is) and amazing and I do not ship Mideon and good job on the parts of the chapter without Mideon I laughed and yes. Good job.
I SHIP MEGAN AND THE MASTER.
And Lotch.
Why am I capitalizing all of the names of the ships?
I do not know.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hilarious as always! XD

I shall review who I would ship later. XD

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

586 Views
4 Reviews
Added on July 18, 2012
Last Updated on July 18, 2012

Liv's Crazy Character Conversations


Author

halflives
halflives

wolf's trap



About
❝when you find that one person who connects you to the world, you become someone different. someone better. when that person is taken from you, what do you become then?❞ hi i'm olivi.. more..

Writing
[author's note] [author's note]

A Chapter by halflives


blood [tobias] blood [tobias]

A Chapter by halflives