17. The Profile

17. The Profile

A Chapter by halflives

*In Seattle, Washington*

 

*The entire team (Hotch, Gideon, Prentiss, Reid, Morgan, JJ, Jocelyn, Jack, Megan, Mayisha and I) are assembled at the police station. While the rest stand around reviewing the case files again, Gideon, Hotch, Reid, Morgan and I stand in front of a audience of policemen, whom are all ready and poised to take notes. There are pictures of the victims and what to look for plastered on a whiteboard. Also on the whiteboard, Hotch’s rather neat handwriting displays the characteristics of the UnSub. It is neat and clean in contrast to my usual scrawl in which only I can decipher*

 

Hotchner: What were looking for is a female, who’s, based on her victims, in her mid-twenties, perhaps early thirties.

 

Me: She’s taking these women’s lives because, to her, it is like taking her own life over and over again. We believe that she filed for bankruptcy and regretted it for some reason, so she decided to punish others for their and her own mistakes.

 

Morgan: the woman we’re looking for is poor, dressed in ragged clothing, and is probably seen walking the streets at night, sleeping in a doorway, asking for food samples. She might also approach you if you have access to drugs or other items that can be used in various methods of torture.

 

Gideon: Based on her slashes, she’s bordering on a breakdown, either it be mental or physical. She’s killing like this not only to insure pain, but also to keep herself under control.

 

Reid: She’s also using drugs to keep her victims from struggling. They’re strong enough to numb the victims’ senses and keep them from struggling and/or screaming while she inflicts pain upon them, but weak enough for the victim to experience the terror and fear of seeing themselves be cut open until they, almost mercifully, lose consciousness and eventually die.

 

Morgan: We should consider her armed at all times and extremely dangerous.

 

Hotchner: If one of you sees her, you should contact one of us first before approaching her.

 

*While we are answering questions, JJ, Prentiss, Jack, Mayisha, Jocelyn and Megan are looking over the case files again*

 

Prentiss: *to JJ* Has Garcia called yet?

 

JJ: Nope, but she’s never failed us before.

 

Prentiss: In this case, I’m hoping there’s not a first time for everything.

 

Jocelyn: What about the guard Hotchner said was missing?

 

JJ: Garcia is checking up on that right now.

 

Mayisha: And there was no fingerprints?

 

Prentiss: *sighs heavily* None.

 

Mayisha: Damn, I was hoping --

 

Jocelyn: *interrupts* Where’s Megan?

 

*Megan is in the very back of the room, nose in a file*

 

Jocelyn: Megs?

 

Megan: Something doesn’t make sense.

 

Prentiss: *walks over and looks at what Megan is looking at over her shoulder* What doesn’t make sense?

 

Megan: This woman’s MO is to kill, then drag the victim TO the warehouse. Why did this, uh, UnSub kidnap the guard in the first place? Why didn’t she just kill her there to save her the strength of dragging her all the way back?

 

JJ: Would this victim be special?

 

*Just then, Hotch, Gideon, Morgan, Reid and I walk in, me shutting the door behind me. Hotch walks over to Megan and I follow him. We both nosily look at what Megan’s so interested in*

 

Hotchner: What’s this?

 

Megan: Why did the UnSub drag the woman standing guard away instead of just killing her there and saving her the trouble of bringing her back?

 

Hotchner: What if the guard doesn’t fit the UnSub’s range of victims? She’s not on the verge of bankruptcy?

 

Jocelyn: then why would the UnSub go to the trouble of kidnapping her and not just knocking her out?

 

*The phone rings. It’s Garcia*

 

Hotchner: I’ll put it on speaker. *puts the phone on speaker phone*

 

*TA Garcia’s voice erupts from the speakers almost immediately*

 

Garcia: Okay, guys, be ready to be shocked.

 

Morgan: Whatcha got, baby girl?

 

Garcia: Okay, the guard that was taken? Yeah, Jessica Watts. She’s twenty-seven as of two months ago, and filed for bankruptcy two weeks prior.

 

Hotchner: That’s when the killing started.

 

Garcia: She’s got two children, both boys, named Charles and Eugene. The children’s father, Josef MacBerry, left Jessica the day after she gave birth, leaving her a single mother with two newborn twins. That was four years ago. The children are now four, obviously, and it’s been a long four years for her. Ever since MacBerry left her, Jessica’s been slowly deteriorating. Her children were just recently put into foster care because she doesn’t have enough money to own a house or pay a rent. She took on the job of a guard and it’s meager pay just to be able to feed herself every night and attempt to work towards affording shelter.

 

Me: Jesus.

 

Gideon: This woman fits our profile perfectly.

 

Prentiss: She could have faked her kidnapping to put her off the potential suspect list.

 

Reid: But what about the drugs?

 

Mayisha: She’s too poor to afford them.

 

Me: You said she’s living on the streets?

 

Garcia: Yep.

 

Me: Simple. Drug dealers.

 

Gideon: Does she have the money?

 

Me: She probably starves some nights so she can use her money to buy the drugs… *shivers*

 

Garcia: Maybe she has a secret stash of money that she keeps hidden for drugs and weapons only… *muffled evil laughter ensues*

 

*Everyone stares at the phone in silence*

 

Garcia: …never mind.

 

Hotchner: If she lives on the streets, how do we find her?

 

Me: Social Security obviously knows where she stays in case something happens to her children. *remembers* Wait, Detective Elroy said that she wasn’t answering her PHONE. Why does she have a phone if she so poor?

 

Hotchner: Because if they need to contact her, if something’s wrong, the local law enforcement provides a cell phone if it’s needed.

 

Me: Could we track her via the phone?

 

Gideon: Now a wanted serial killer, she’d be hiding from both us and the Social Services. That means her phone is off, and she’s moving from place to place too quickly. We’d never be able to catch her.

 

Megan: Then how do we find her?

 

Gideon: *sighs* We look the hard way.



© 2011 halflives


Author's Note

halflives
Jos, your time will come for the profile...
Review?
And one more thing: as the case continues and concludes, it won't be very spazzy. But the plane ride back... that's another story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yay~! I will eventually get to do a profile! *calms down*
I look forward for the ride back. It'll be...interesting.
Keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


OMG!
You notice that your story gets serious-er and serious-er as it continues. Very coolio. I have not had my mental breakdown yet.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

685 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 3, 2011
Last Updated on May 3, 2011

Liv's Crazy Character Conversations


Author

halflives
halflives

wolf's trap



About
❝when you find that one person who connects you to the world, you become someone different. someone better. when that person is taken from you, what do you become then?❞ hi i'm olivi.. more..

Writing
[author's note] [author's note]

A Chapter by halflives


blood [tobias] blood [tobias]

A Chapter by halflives