24. the Football Game

24. the Football Game

A Chapter by halflives

*In Maine*

 

*I’ll, again, save you the boring details of the rest of the week. I became closer to Michael Jenkins and met some of his friends. Megan, Mayisha and Jocelyn made their own friends. Needless to say, we interviewed the friends and found absolutely nothing. The only thing that we found worth thinking about is that one of the friends of the male victims said he had been secretly dating some girl from another school that attended the football game every Saturday. When relaying this to the rest of the team, we decided to watch out for this girl. All in all, we had nothing after two days. Nothing that would make up a meager profile, nothing. This caper was nothing, a silent. Our best bet was Saturday’s football game, seeing if anyone was taken. Secretly, I wanted to put myself out to be a victim myself, just so that I could find the UnSub and make Hotch fall in love with me. Yeah, like that was ever going to happen. Since he was still broken up about Haley and was still in love with her, he’d never fall in love with me. Well, miracles do happen*

 

*On Saturday, the four of us slept until noon. We wanted to make sure that we were awake enough to stay up until midnight or later tonight. We drank plenty of coffee and looked at murder pictures to scare us into staying awake. Hotch briefed us on what to look for and how to act if approached by anyone. I didn’t tell anyone about my secret longing to become a victim. I think that would scare anyone that I told, especially one of the team. And then they would make me stay home*

 

*Hotch and Prentiss drove us to the football game, the others in tow. The team would stay nearby in case any of us needed them. When we got there, Michael Jenkins met me at the gate, and we split up, covering more ground*

 

Me: Hey, Michael.

 

Michael: Hey. That girl you asked about?

 

Me: What girl?

 

Michael: the one that Josh was secretly dating.

 

Me: Oh, yeah. What about her?

 

Michael: She’s here tonight. Do you want to meet her?

 

Me: Yeah, that would be awesome, thanks.

 

*We walk up to a shy girl in converse. I smile at her, because converse is the bomb*

 

Me: Hey, I’m S- uh, Olivia Smith. And you are?

 

Girl: Amelia James.

 

Me: Nice to meet you, Amelia James. I hear that you were secretly dating Joshua Litrick?

 

Amelia: *nods, grave* Yeah. Why, did you know him?

 

Me: I want to know more about him.

 

Amelia: Why’s that?

 

Me: *is taken aback* I… dunno. Curious, I guess.

 

Amelia: You’re looking for his killer, aren’t you? I can tell you really don’t want to be here. You came here just so you could see me and see if you could catch his killer.

 

Me: Along those lines, yeah.

 

Michael: *jokingly* Yup, and she also came to see me~ *grins*

 

Me: You wish. *elbows him playfully*

 

Amelia: If you ever find out… Call me. Okay? *hands me a slip of paper* My number.

 

Me: Thanks. *she turns to walk away* Oh, Amelia?

 

Amelia: *turns around* Yeah?

 

Me: I’m sorry for your loss. You were close, right?

 

Amelia: *fake smile* Yes, we were. And that’s okay. I guess some things can’t be helped.

 

*Amelia walks away. Michael turns to me*

 

Michael: Hey, the football game’s about to start. Do you want to go?

 

Me: *looks around suspiciously* I’d rather not.

 

Michael: You don’t like football, do you?

 

Me: Yeah, I kind of don‘t.

 

Michael: I’ll stay with you. Hey, there’s a group of kids I know. They all hate football, but come here for the action.

 

Me: Action?

 

Michael: Y’know. Kissing, making out.

 

Me: …action.

 

Michael: Want to go?

 

Me: Will I have to make out with someone?

 

Michael: Well, preferably me…

 

Me: See, I already have a boyfriend.

 

Michael: Oh.

 

Me: Yeah, sorry. But I’ll still go with you!

 

Michael: Okay. *is disappointed, but shows me the way*

 

*We arrive at a small sort of camp house on the corner of the lot. I want badly to find Megan, Mayisha and Jocelyn, but Michael has a tight grip on my arm. When we go inside the house, I see people making out and holding hands everywhere I look. It’s like a teenager lovers romance paradise. With heavy metal music*

 

Me: Well this is… charming.

 

Michael: C’mon!

 

*Michael leads me over to what looks like the refreshment table. Some snogging couple falls onto the table, knocking it over. I stare at them, still snogging, even though they’re covered in punch*

 

Me: This is a lovely place. *sarcasm* Can we get out of here now?

 

Michael: We just got here!

 

Me: Well-- *I see a Amelia making out with this other guy* Jesus, that girl loses connections fast.

 

Michael: Whoa.

 

Me: *thinks back* Wait…

 

*I remember the hesitancy in Amelia voice when she spoke of Joshua. I remember the way she was eager to get away from me. Almost as if she knew. And now… The way she was kissing the guy. It was like she was kissing him for show. Like she didn’t really want to kiss him in the first place. A thought strikes me*

 

*Amelia and her pretend kisser person leave. I turn to follow them. Michael furrows his brow and follows me*

 

*Silently, we arrive deeper into the woods. I see the guy pull something out of his coat, but I can’t see what it is*

 

Guy: I love you, Amelia, you know that?

 

Amelia: *softly* Derek, get off me.

 

Derek: Right now? Why not a little more?

 

Amelia: I know you’re the one that’s been killing those people. I just want to know if you killed Josh.

 

Derek: What does it matter?

 

Amelia: ‘Cause lovers don’t keep secrets from one another.

 

Derek: *hesitantly* Yeah, babe, I killed him. So?

 

Amelia: I loved him.

 

Derek: I love YOU. *goes to kiss her*

 

Amelia: NO! Get off me!

 

Derek: You son of a-- *pulls out a butcher knife, and stabs her in the shoulder, pushing her to the ground*

 

Michael: Holy s**t!

 

Me: It’s him.

 

Derek: I love you. And you won’t leave.

 

Amelia: *starts to cry and struggle* You killed Ryan because he was getting too close to me. You thought that because he had a crush on me, I would like him back. But I didn’t. And you killed him anyway.

 

Derek: You smart little beauty.

 

Amelia: You killed Stacey because she was my best friend. And she hated you. So if you and I started going out, she would talk me out of it.

 

Derek: You got it.

 

Amelia: *struggles* Let me go, you sick b*****d!

 

Derek: I’m in love with you, Amelia. I’m not doubting it any longer.

 

Amelia: You’ve KILLED people!

 

Derek: For you. That’s how much you mean to me.

 

Amelia: When you love someone, you don’t kill the people that would ruin your relationship with them!

 

Derek: Then what do you do?

 

Me: He’s obsessive.

 

Michael: Ya think?

 

Me: No, like he’s literally obsessive. He doesn’t know otherwise. He can’t know otherwise.

 

Michael: What do you mean?

 

Me: Surprise, Mikey, I’m an FBI agent.

 

Michael: What? *flatly* You’re joking, right?

 

Me: Nope? *takes out badge and shows it quickly to him. I hear him gasp* SSA Olivia Smith. Nice to meet you.

 

Michael: That’s why you were only here for a couple of weeks!

 

Me: Actually, I’ll be gone by tomorrow. We’ve got the guy.

 

Michael: Who?

 

Me: *sighs* Right there.

 

Amelia: Please… Derek…

 

Derek: I LOVE YOU!! DON’T YOU GET THAT?! *stabs her again*

 

Amelia: Ah! *sobs* Derek…

 

Derek: *sighs* The only way you’ll love me is if you’re no longer alive to argue.

 

Amelia: W-what?

 

Derek: I love you Amelia. But I’m going to kill you.

 

Amelia: WHY?!

 

Derek: Your corpse…

 

Amelia: My what?

 

Derek: Your… blood… *he shivers*

 

Michael: What, is he a vampire?

 

Me: *ignores him* I’m actually surprised he’s not noticed us for this long. He must be REALLY focused on Amelia.

 

Amelia: *sobs again* My blood…?

 

Derek: *leans down and kisses her softly. With what little strength she has, she pushes him off* Exactly.

 

Amelia: Don’t kill me. Please.

 

Derek: why not?

 

Amelia: I’ll… I’ll love you forever.

 

Derek: You don’t mean that.

 

Amelia: I do!

 

Me: Okay, that’s enough. *steps out of the bushes* *pulls out my gun* Freeze.

 

*Derek whirls around, leaving Amelia on the ground with the butcher knife sticking out of her shoulder. Man, I really should have called Hotch and the others first*

 

Derek: Who’s this b***h?

 

Amelia: Get out of here, Olivia!

 

Derek: *turns to Amelia* You know her?

 

Amelia: She was looking for you…

 

Derek: For me? *turns back to me* Ha, I’m a celebrity now, am I?

 

Me: Let Amelia go.

 

Derek: Why? Are you gonna shoot me?

 

Me: Maybe I will.

 

Derek: *pulls out his own gun* Let’s see who’s faster to pull the trigger.

 

Me: Now Derek--

 

*I don’t get to finish. Derek shoots me in the shoulder. I scream as another bullet reopens my old wound, making me in even more pain than I would have been with a regular old shot. I drop to the ground, my gun sliding out of reach. Derek lowers his gun and leans over me. I can hear Michael running back towards the football field, his feet making loud noises amidst the woods*

 

Derek: You know who I am. Now, who are you?

 

Me: Wrong. Who are you?

 

Derek: Why should I tell you?

 

Me: *pained smile* Dead girl’s last wish?

 

Derek: Fair enough. I’m Derek Fallon. I’m nineteen. I graduated from high school last year, majoring in forensics.

 

Me: Nice to meet you, Derek Fallon, major in forensics.

 

Derek: Now, tell me who you.

 

Me: Supervisory Special Agent Olivia Smith.

 

Derek: A freaking FBI agent?

 

Me: Surprised?

 

Derek: *digs my credentials out of my pocket* Hell, I guess you are.

 

Me: My team is going to look for me. They’re going to find you.

 

Derek: No they won’t. Because I’m not leaving you here.

 

Me: Don’t you have to take care of Amelia?

 

Derek: Amelia’s coming with us.

 

Me: Us?

 

Derek: I like you, Agent Smith. Very… official.

 

Me: Shut up. You love Amelia, remember?

 

Derek: Times change.

 

Me: It’s physically impossible for an obsessed to change their obsession.

 

Derek: So that’s what the kids are calling it these days?

 

Me: You love Amelia. And there’s nothing we can do about it.

 

Derek: Wrong. I love you both. That’s why you’re coming with me.

 

Me: Tough luck. I’m going to shoot you. *looks for my gun*

 

Derek: *laughs* *shoots my leg*

 

Me: AH! *cries out in pain*

 

Derek: Cute.

 

Me: *pained* What?

 

Derek: You make cute little sounds when you’re tortured.

 

Me: What?!

 

Derek: I think I’ll do it again. *takes the butcher knife from out-cold Amelia’s wound and slices my arm*

 

Me: A-AH!

 

Derek: Cute sounds.

 

Me: *mutters* Now I know how Reid feels…

 

Derek: C’mon, baby, you two are coming with me.

 

Me: No… not…

 

*I pass out. Derek picks me up, along with Amelia, and carries me away*



© 2011 halflives


Author's Note

halflives
I know it's not entirely foresically correct, but it's a fanfiction. It's not like I'm going to be publishing it one day.
In return for all the short chapters, I gave you an uber long chapter. Love to y'all!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG :O

Posted 12 Years Ago


OH LORD. SAVE YOU.

Posted 12 Years Ago


O.M.T.L
This is amazing. YOU'RE amazing. Normally I would complain that I didnt' do anything at all, but this is an exception...
WRITE MORE!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

758 Views
3 Reviews
Added on May 8, 2011
Last Updated on May 8, 2011

Liv's Crazy Character Conversations


Author

halflives
halflives

wolf's trap



About
❝when you find that one person who connects you to the world, you become someone different. someone better. when that person is taken from you, what do you become then?❞ hi i'm olivi.. more..

Writing
[author's note] [author's note]

A Chapter by halflives


blood [tobias] blood [tobias]

A Chapter by halflives