35. Regrouping

35. Regrouping

A Chapter by halflives

*In Denver, Colorado*

 

*In the room the BAU had claimed from the local police station, Hotch is sitting alone at the conference table looking at the case file again to see if he missed anything. Jocelyn and Mayisha are looking over the evidence board, Jack is staring creepily at Jocelyn, and Reid is looking over the map that displays the locations of where the victims’ bodies were found, and where they lived*

 

*Hotch is interrupted as his cell phone rings. It’s Morgan. He picks it up and puts it on speaker. Reid, Jocelyn, and Mayisha abbandon what they’re doing and walk over to see what Morgan, Prentiss and JJ have found at the victim‘s, Jeremy Burns‘, house and what information they’ve collected from his family*

 

Hotchner: What have you got, Morgan?

 

Morgan: Hotch, you’re not going to believe this.

 

Reid: What is it?

 

Morgan: The kid, Jeremy Burns? Yeah, apparently he was bullied at school. Like, literally he had NO friends. Then, he started hanging around with this weirdo group. His mother said that he brought one of them to the house once, and he was SCARY. He had mascara and his nails were painted black. And he had cuts on his wrists and arms. He smelled like smoke and blood. As soon as Jeremy began hanging out with this group of kids, he began setting up things that looked like rituals in his room. Burning things in there. Finding weird knives. His mother found him even cutting himself once with a ceremonial knife. She was really scared. When she found out he was dead, it totally broke her. She was in pieces.

 

Jocelyn: *is sympathetic* Was the group adults or teenagers?

 

Morgan: Teenagers. They went to school with him.

 

Mayisha: So how does a guy that has no friends suddenly become part of a cult?

 

Prentiss: That’s what we’re trying to find out.

 

JJ: Hey, could you put Gideon on? He’s not answering his cell.

 

Hotchner: He’s not?

 

Prentiss: Yeah, where is he? He’s not with you?

 

Hotchner: Err…

 

Mayisha: Hotch lost him and Megs~

 

Morgan, Prentiss and JJ: WHAT?!

 

Hotchner: I didn’t LOSE them!

 

Jack: You SO did.

 

Morgan: Oh well. Gideon’s smart, and so is Soul. They’ll find their way to us. Wherever they are, they’re probably contributing to the case somehow. In the mean time, we have to be doing our own things. Prentiss, JJ, and I will go to the school and find out more about this cult of ours. What it’s name is, and whatnot. You guys can do the Profile.

 

Jocelyn: Without Gideon?

 

Morgan: *sighs* Good luck. *hangs up*

 

Mayisha: Who’s going to do the Profile without Morgan, Prentiss, JJ or Gideon?

 

Hotchner: The four of us. *Jack looks gleeful* Minus Captain Harkness. *Jack’s face falls*

 

*The four abandon whatever they were doing and call everyone in the station out to do the Profile. Each of the BAU profilers point to the evidence board while they’re speaking*

 

Hotchner: What we’re looking for is a teenage cult. They’re most likely popular at school, scary looking. Gothic, if you will. They lure their victims in with the promise of popularity. They prey on the kids that have virtually no friends, the geeks, the teacher’s pets. The kids that will do anything to raise themselves up on the social ladder.

 

Mayisha: Due to the ages of the victims, they’re in middle school and high school. If you have children in those schools, ask them about the popular kids. The ones that might show cult-qualities. Skipping classes to have “secret” meetings.

 

Jocelyn: The first one was most likely an accident, and then they decided to continue with the pattern. They found it a quick and efficient way to carry out whatever they’re hoping to accomplish.

 

Reid: This cult is NOT, I repeat NOT, afraid to fight back against adults. They WILL NOT immediately surrender upon us approaching them with guns. So call us first if you find them, and we’ll talk them down.

 

Hotch: Thank you.

 

*They leave, leaving the policemen to chatter amongst themselves. Some exit, and others talk to their superiors. Jack exits the small office and walks up to them. The BAU profilers are about to talk amongst themselves again when Detective Powers spots them from halfway down the hallway*

 

Powers: Agent Hotchner!

 

Hotchner: Yes?

 

Powers: We found another body. This one’s only been dead for a few hours.

 

Hotchner: What’s changed?

 

Powers: I’m not sure. C’mon.



© 2011 halflives


Author's Note

halflives
I had NO IDEA what to name this chapter. So I named it "Regrouping".
The next chapter has an awesome name. Sorry for the shortness of this one. Review?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

YAYZ YOU POSTED ONE~

Posted 12 Years Ago


As always I love it:D

Posted 12 Years Ago


Mayisha sounds so smart. Tee hee. :D I like being smart.
WATCHING CRIMINAL MINDS. Hotch can be so badass. LOL. Reid...is always smartass. I'm surprised Rossi hasn't beat him yet.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

567 Views
3 Reviews
Added on May 23, 2011
Last Updated on May 23, 2011

Liv's Crazy Character Conversations


Author

halflives
halflives

wolf's trap



About
❝when you find that one person who connects you to the world, you become someone different. someone better. when that person is taken from you, what do you become then?❞ hi i'm olivi.. more..

Writing
[author's note] [author's note]

A Chapter by halflives


blood [tobias] blood [tobias]

A Chapter by halflives