39. I Was Aiming For the Leader

39. I Was Aiming For the Leader

A Chapter by halflives

*In Denver, Colorado*

 

*Jocelyn has just been hung. The Leader, the Chief, the Right-Hand Men, and all of the members of the so-called “Black Venom Society” are standing around her hanging form and chanting loudly. She’s still alive! Her neck has yet to break, and she is struggling for breath and for some balance*

 

Leader: See? You shall die before our might!

 

Chief: She’s had enough. Maybe we should let her down…

 

Leader: Nonsense! Those buffoons that call themselves the Federal Bureau of Investigation must KNOW that we are superior!

 

Chief: But, sir, the others… They killed themselves.

 

Leader: Your point?

 

Chief: We can’t be tried for their murder. They murdered themselves, we only rid ourselves of the body.

 

Leader: And?

 

Chief: This is different. WE hung HER.

 

Leader: Yes, we did. *proudly*

 

Chief: So if she dies, we’ll be tried for the murder of a federal agent. And that’s a big charge.

 

Leader: We will never be caught!

 

*Famous last words. The doors burst open, with Hotch, Reid, Mayisha, Morgan, Prentiss, Jack and JJ pouring in. They all have their guns out and are shouting orders to the incoming policemen, with are charged with handcuffs. Reid shoots and hits the rope attached to the noose, cutting Jocelyn down. He runs out just in time and catches her in his arms*

 

Jocelyn: *gasping for breath* T-thanks.

 

Reid: I was, uh, aiming for the Leader, actually. But this worked just fine.

 

Jocelyn: …O.o

 

*While the policemen arrest the other members of the cult, the Chief and the Leader are pulled aside by the member of the BAU*

 

Hotchner: You two headed this?

 

Chief: With all due respect, sir, the killings were accidents. They killed themselves.

 

Prentiss: Upon initiation, is that it?

 

Chief and Leader: *look away*

 

Prentiss: Do you think we’re stupid? You gave them initiation, and then you had them kill themselves to prove loyalty.

 

Chief: The first time was an accident. Then, it got efficient.

 

Leader: We were doing the work a favor! Killing the insolent little idiots the world hated.

 

Hotchner: There was a mother and a father waiting at home for Jeremy Burns and all the other kids we’ve yet to identify. Did you ever think of the families?

 

Chief: No…

 

Morgan: That’s why. Because you’re SICK criminals at heart.

 

Prentiss: Criminals that deserve to be locked away.

 

Hotchner: Take them. *gives them to the police*

 

*Meanwhile, Reid gently places Jocelyn by the wall. He sits down beside her. She’s still heavily breathing and trying to regain her composure. Mayisha wanders over, Jack trailing her like a dog*

 

Jocelyn: I thought I was going to die… And then you saved me…

 

Reid: That’s what we do. Save people.

 

Jocelyn: Well, I’m not your typical PERSON…

 

Reid: You’re right. You’re SO much better.

 

*Before Reid and Jocelyn can finish their lovely heartfelt conversation, Mayisha jumps on Joss, along with Jack*

 

Mayisha: OMICOWS, I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO DIE!

 

Jocelyn: I thought so too.

 

Mayisha: DON’T EVER DO THAT AGAIN, KAY?!

 

Jocelyn: I didn’t get kidnapped and hung by choice…

 

Mayisha: JUST DON’T SCARE ME LIKE--

 

*She never gets to finish. Jack wrenches her off and throws himself on Jocelyn*

 

Jack: OH MY LOVE! I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO DIE AND THEN I WOULD HAVE TO KILL MYSELF REPEATEDLY JUST SO I COULD SEE YOUR FACE AGAIN! BECAUE WHAT’S A LIFE WORTH LIVING IF I CANNOT LIVE IT WITH YOU?!

 

Reid: *is weirded out* O-okay…

 

Jocelyn: *is also weirded out* Jack, that would be romantic if you we’re my stalker. And if you could die.

 

Jack: I STILL LOVE YOU!

 

Jocelyn: Oh, I wouldn’t be so lucky…

 

Reid: Hey, I’m going to take Jocelyn to the ambulance…

 

Joss: I’m okay, really.

 

Reid: *gives her a look*

 

Jocelyn: *sees an escape route* Okay.

 

*Reid helps Jocelyn to the ambulance. She sits on the edge of it, and he sits next to her. Mayisha and Jack search all the other ambulances for Joss except for this one, thank God*

 

Jocelyn: Thanks.

 

Reid: For?

 

Jocelyn: What do you mean “for”? For saving me, duh!

 

Reid: Oh, yeah. Right. Well, you’re welcome.

 

Jocelyn: I think you might have saved my life.

 

Reid: Are you kidding me? I TOTALLY saved your life.

 

Mayisha: *pops up* SEASON ONE QUOTE!

 

Jocelyn and Reid: HUNH?!

 

Reid: Why do you keep popping up everywhere?!

 

Mayisha: I’m Mayisha Khan. Duh.

 

Reid: You’re all right, I guess. As long as you don’t bring creeper Captain Jack Harkness over here…

 

Mayisha: Nope, he’s busy with some dummy of Jocelyn he made to stalk while she was kidnapped.

 

Jocelyn: He had time to make a dummy of me in the short time I was gone?

 

Mayisha: Nope, he’s made it before.

 

Reid and Jocelyn: … *give each other creeper looks*



© 2011 halflives


Author's Note

halflives
Kudos if you can guess the blossoming love between two characters...
And NO it's not me and Hotchy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The blossoming love is Reid and Jos.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh, and I found a small mistake. ' Jack, that would be romantic if you we’re my stalker. And if you could die.' I believe that 'we're' should be 'weren't'.

Posted 12 Years Ago


............................................................................................................
YOU FINALLY WROTE IT!
"I was, uh, aiming for the Leader, actually. But this worked just fine." Niiicccceee.
AND I THOUGHT YOU SAID THAT JACK WOULDN'T BE THERE! His creeper ways are really getting annoying....
Great chappie though. And I would guess blossoming love to be...MAYISHA AND JACK!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

621 Views
3 Reviews
Added on May 25, 2011
Last Updated on May 25, 2011

Liv's Crazy Character Conversations


Author

halflives
halflives

wolf's trap



About
❝when you find that one person who connects you to the world, you become someone different. someone better. when that person is taken from you, what do you become then?❞ hi i'm olivi.. more..

Writing
[author's note] [author's note]

A Chapter by halflives


blood [tobias] blood [tobias]

A Chapter by halflives