Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Angelica

“Then I really don’t want you to blame this on yourself, you did nothing wrong.  This will come as shock to everyone, everyone but one person.  I could never tell anyone about what was going on because I didn’t want to become any kind of burden.  I just continued life as if nothing was wrong but in reality everything was.” . . .

               The next morning I woke up to the sweet scent of Addie’s perfume.  A shy smile grew across my face at the thought that she was next to me.  I opened my arms expecting to grab her but when all I grabbed was air I slowly opened my eyes.  Staring back at me was the joyful picture, and her suicide note.  Instantly my face scrunched up as yesterday’s events hit me.  “Damn it!” I yelled, slamming my hands against the sheets.  They made a loud smacking sound that seemed to echo about the room. 

               I felt something vibrating against my leg and felt around and finally pulled out my phone.  I had 56 missed calls, 73 new messages, and114 tweets or Facebook tags about me.  I saw that the newest one was from my best friend, Dameon.  I clicked view and the message said ‘Dude, please answer me.  I heard about what happen and I know you will want to talk.  I’m coming over now.’  I groaned in agony at the thought of having someone see me like this.  I had school today but I had opted out of going, I at least figured he would go, though.  Looking at the time I noticed that it was after 3p.m so school was already out.

               No sooner did I read the message did I hear the doorbell ring.  I sat up in bed as I heard Dameon greet the housekeeper and start walking up the stairs.  He started going to my room but as he walked by Addie’s he noticed me and walked through the doorway and just stopped.  “Man…why?” he said just above a whisper.

               “I have no clue…I wish I did though.”  I rubbed a hand over my face and thought that I must look like crap considering all the crying I had done.

               “Did…did you…find her…?” He asked looking at the ground.

               “Yeah…god I honestly wish I hadn’t, I just can’t get it out of my mind.  Her just lying there, completely lifeless…”  I started breaking down again.  I thought I would feel embarrassed; but honestly I was so hurt and lost, I just felt the loss of never seeing my sister alive again. 

               I felt the bed shift and Dameon pat my back awkwardly.  “I know this probably means nothing, but I am really sorry about all of this.  I never saw it coming…I…I still can’t believe it.  How’s your mom taking it?” 

               “Thanks, that does mean a lot to me.  As for my mother she hates me for ruining her business meeting last night and thinks Addie is selfish for taking her life.  She wants to make this room her shoe closet.”  I said turning my head to see his reaction.

               His face was one of disbelief, “seriously? That is so messed up! Maybe it is just her way of grieving…”

               “No, I don’t think so.  I kind of went off on her last night and she slapped me.  Slapped me!” I said with more emphasis.  “Heck, she has always yelled at me and had choice words, but she has never once lashed out on me.  Ever.”

               “Wow, I never would take her to be one that would do that.  You know, if you ever need a place to stay, my door is always open”

               “Thanks but I think this is going to be my home for a while…” I said referencing to Addie’s room. 

               “Yeah I understand.”

               “So what all was going on at school today?” 

               “Well they said to keep your family in our prayers and we would be having a prayer service later this week. They didn’t straight out say that she took her own life, but I’m pretty sure everyone knew already.  If not before school today, they knew by the end.  Also some of her friends decorated her locker.  Almost all the girls were in tears all day, a few guys and teachers also.”

               “Oh wow…really?  You know what I don’t understand?  What caused all this?  What made Addie’s life so bad that she couldn’t handle it anymore?”

               I seemed to catch him off guard as he stuttered.  “Uh yeah, really.  But…uh…I…really don’t know.  I have no clue why she would.  I mean yeah there were always rumors but I never thought they were this bad…”

               “Wait rumors?” I asked shocked, I thought people loved Addison. “What kind of rumors?”

               “Just the normal girl drama.  That’s all I ever heard about.”

               “Ohh, okay.”

               “Did she leave you anything? Anything that would tell you why she did?”

               “She left me a note…” I glanced up at it and he followed.

               “Have you read it? Or…”

               “No…I just haven’t found the will to yet.  I’m afraid of what I will find.  I mean I cant help but feel so guilty.  Like I was so oblivious to not notice that my sister was in trouble!  I feel as if somehow I could’ve prevented it.  I mean, did you know that she got a tattoo on her wrist?  It was of the word strength.”

               “Yeah, I understand you.  But man, you can’t feel bad. No one knew and could’ve stopped her.  But when did she get a tattoo?”

               “I’ve got no clue…I never took her as one to get a tattoo.”

“Same but I really hate to say this but I have to go to lacrosse practice.  You’re not coming are you?”  He asked standing up.

               “No, I just don’t have the energy or the will to go.  But I’ll talk to you later!”

               I stared at the letter Addie left me.  All the answers could be in there.  I just didn’t know if I could handle it all so soon.  I just needed time.  “I still haven’t forgotten you Addie…just like I promised.  Everyone misses you.”



© 2013 Angelica


Author's Note

Angelica
This chapter is a little scratchy....I tried to incorporate a few more people that will be big in the story but this didn't come out as well as I picture...will go back and edit when I get the time. Thank you for reading! Feedback would be amazing! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my gosh!! This is so good!!! I kinda have some ideas(: But it's so sad, I feel so bad for him!!! You totally left us hanging there!! Lol keep writing more, I'm so anxious to see what happens!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

❤ Maggie ❤

11 Years Ago

Ohh! Yes, please do that!! Haha I'm kinda funny when It comes to books, I like to read it all in one.. read more
Angelica

11 Years Ago

I am like that a lot but I have a surprise and I was in the writing mood instead of studying hahah w.. read more
❤ Maggie ❤

11 Years Ago

Haha oh yes, I am guilty of that, too XP oh cool! I am so excited to read them! I really do like whe.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
1 Review
Added on March 7, 2013
Last Updated on March 7, 2013
Tags: tears, hardship, loss, love, hope, faith, death, suicide, friend, family, gone, forgotten, help, need, want


Author

Angelica
Angelica

About
I am a Freshman in high school, and I have always loved to write. I hope that it has some future in my life as it is a way for me to escape. Some of my best pieces are short stories and poetry piece.. more..

Writing
The Catch The Catch

A Story by Angelica