Twenty Minutes of Action

Twenty Minutes of Action

A Story by Alyssa Jensen
"

A flash fiction from the perspective of a watch.

"

I cracked. My hands couldn’t move, stuck on the wrist of your family, family friend, your best friend, a drunken stranger. If I couldn’t move, time couldn’t move, and you were stuck in the present. All you and I could smell was the peppermint, rolling out from their mouth, touching your skin.

            I touched your skin, and you tried to stop them, stop me, broke me.

            It was a hot day, a sweaty day, and my body stuck to their wrist, and your body stuck to their hand. And you said something, said, “stop,” said nothing, and you fought, and you were passed out. You were all of those, and it was all wrong.

            They wrote you holiday cards. They wore a wolf mask at the same party as you. They didn’t know you. They knew you since birth. They had the same class as you. They were all of those, and it was all wrong.

            They were rough, gentle, and I cracked, while you shattered. All of us were stuck in the present with the smell of peppermint, their heartbeats in your mouth, and your body in their fist. My glossy face, concealed by cracked glass, watched the hug that went too far.

            They fixed me, much later on, and time moved forward once again. They went back to school. They went back to their family. They carried on, and they, too, moved forward. But you.

            You.

            Still you could smell the peppermint.

© 2016 Alyssa Jensen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting perspective..... a watch with a voice...love it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Wow! This is amazing! Every line is just so poetic. Looking forward to reading more by you.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Alyssa Jensen

7 Years Ago

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 20, 2016
Last Updated on October 20, 2016

Author

Alyssa Jensen
Alyssa Jensen

About
I like to write about things nobody wants to talk about. more..

Writing