Saunter

Saunter

A Story by Laaiqah Amaani Ruzaick
"

A person of leisure, simply wandering the streets & soaking in the city.

"

On an ideal good morning, I took a walk to the grocery store, not attentive to the observance that awaited me. As I strolled inside, my view caught a charming young lady with the crowning figure, raven black hair, radiant amber eyes & not to dismiss from mind the Louis Vuitton jotting down her arms, Jimmy Choo sandals & the stainless Gucci shades perfectly tucked up her hair. As i happened to passage my way through her, I couldn’t help but overhear the communication between herself & the lady I highly assumed to be her mother. In an exasperated tone she was protesting & whining of how she is in possession of very less fancy & luxury belongings in comparison to her friends. This took me by surprise. However, on my return back home, I encountered a group of 5 people simply wandering the streets leisurely to complete their work as street performers. Something about the look on their faces lured me into a conversation with them where I found myself in the process of questioning them as to what brought them of such joy that reflected on their faces. ‘Young lady, such bright days like today are not brought off many a times. With the sunshine & these radiant blue skies, it’s the finest day for us and such a jubilant atmosphere isn’t it?’  Their response stunned me. I spent days trying to put together bits & pieces of this day, trying to figure a loop-hole that could connect what my experience defined.

Gratitude. It was not joy that made us grateful. It is gratefulness that brings us joy. Gratitude turns what people have into ample & sufficient. It interpreted the mental make-up of the random street walkers to be pleased with the simplest of joys and the lack of it in the crabby girl at the store, made her what she is. Unhappy.

To dream big & achieve our yearnings is fascinating & justifiable. But to be dissatisfied and forgettable of what we are gifted at present, will only cram a glad & cheerful you. Work hard for what you don’t have. Stop complaining. Be grateful. Start working.

A moment to appreciate the minute details that frames & constitutes our lives alone would turn over a million blessings to be grateful for. It is quite the natural run-down to measure ourselves in contrast to another, from a hair product, to a mobile phone, to the number of allies or even one’s inheritance. But take time to foresee the adversity & misery of those that live inferior ongoing conditions to that of yours. Remind yourself of the rightful benefit of witnessing every night that changed into day, the rightful benefit of living the life you live.

Create your positive attitude towards the greatest of gratitude,

For there is always something to be grateful for.

 

© 2016 Laaiqah Amaani Ruzaick


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on June 11, 2016
Last Updated on June 11, 2016