your foot

your foot

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

what ya expect, it is the prevalent subject of my life.

"
Your foot
comes down
on me
trying to drag
me back in
with a piece of paper
a signature  ---
you refuse to sign
on the dotted line.

              Control
  Threaten
                                Distort
               Plead

             "I just want what is best for my family"

If that were true
you'd realize
I have grown too big
to keep under
your shoe.



© 2016 Lyn Anderson


Author's Note

Lyn Anderson
captcha saddlery

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awww. This is sad but I like the strong voice that surfaces.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

What is interesting to me is how long a divorce can take when one party does absolutely nothing. It .. read more
I like the poem. Come a time when we had enough.
"I have grown too big
to keep under
your shoe."
Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your words.
Irreconcilable difference leading to inevitable signing of papers. But the lady had enough.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

This is true. Enough heaped on top of too much with a serving of "and then some"
I love the strength of your words...the independence. We should never look back...

:) Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


Empowering...you go, GF....you alone know what is best for you. You've crawled out from under the shoe and now you are not going back! I liked the attitude in this one. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks. Sporting my teflon suit and my new attitude wherever I go.
What can I say Kit Kat this is his way of being spiteful.I know it well :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Yes well what part of the vows says "love honour, treat you like trash rob you blind?" If he doesn't.. read more
Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

Exactly right :)
Let me guess...someone doesnt want to sign the seperation papers?? Ughh...my sister went through the same thing. And I have a friend whos ex is dragging her feet even though the children are over 18...hes letting her have the house and shes getting half his retirement. The reason being after they separated he started seeing his first ex wife (high school sweetheart) and the second wife can't stand the fact. So she is holding him hostage by not signing the final papers after two years of court battle. People can be complete a******s. Sigh...

Posted 9 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Over his dead body, to paraphrase.
Growth is good, but often comes with another person wanting us to change back. We absolutely cannot live a lie by trying to be what someone else perceives or wants us to be. Someone I once knew taught me that real love is a choice and can only be maintained by holding on to someone loosely. We are not creatures to be caged, held under, or even elevated on a pedestal. Nicely captured sentiment and an excellent read!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your words.
Wow, KL!! Having never endured a divorce, I don't have the experience, but I can't imagine it's easy. Your poem, however, captures the real essence of it.

I especially like the middle part, the "Control Threaten Distort Plead" section. That truly ramps up the intensity, and the shape of the words frames the situation in an emotional way.

Is this something you're going through at the moment? If so, I'm sorry to hear it, but stay strong, and I believe that you'll make it through (especially with your writing to help you through it).

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

It is, and I am dealing with it, partially by writing here, and keeping my eye on the prize, the pie.. read more
I admire your strength, my dear KL! Power kitty over here! xo :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

That is so nice. I am gathering my strength, putting up the shields, ratcheting up the rhetoric, etc.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

587 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 2, 2014
Last Updated on September 3, 2016
Tags: divorce, hate, love, anger


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..