Sometimes I take the dark

Sometimes I take the dark

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

the dark surrounds me

"
Sometimes I take the dark,
and wrap it round me
like a blanket
hold it close,
let the melancholy music
swallow me up.

I want to be punished,
for being alive
for being happy
for not letting
you reside inside me
too often.

I want to be punished
for letting the
scab reseal,
and putting
your memory
to bed.

Sometimes I take the dark,
and embrace it,
because it's all you
left to warm me
on a chilly
summer's day.



© 2016 Lyn Anderson


Author's Note

Lyn Anderson

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh this is brave but not only the declaration of accepting the dark is by no means the same as "f**k it" I have had enough I say this becuase some people do tend to mix them up but the difference lies in that the recognition of dakness as a subjct which inhabits us is one thing been pushed to do something as a consequence is a whole different one. And Kl has decided to wrap herself (I hope is her) but not only that she has decided to deprive herself for having let the memory subside as it is the very memory that gives her the feeling she desires.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks, yes, I am a woman. And yes, that is it. Sometimes I let it take me, and then I get the hell .. read more



Reviews

My goodness, my friend...I so get this. When the lights have gone out, but you can still remember the lighted places with someone...maybe someone you couldn't save from themselves. I had a dream once, in a damaged relationship where I had to choose to stay and die with him, be sealed up forever in a dungeon alone, or go to my family and friends who were calling to me. Perhaps, I am not reading as you intended completely, but I do so understand. Sometimes the darkness is all there is left of it, but like an old and battered stuffed animal, we just have to hug it before we put it up. I don't even know if I'm making sense here. You have touched me with this...once again.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shimmerbliss/CAF

7 Years Ago

Okay, that's great! Thanks!
Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

If I had the patience I would arrange related poems into chapterbooks.
Shimmerbliss/CAF

7 Years Ago

I have been meaning to organize mine for years.
I see where you're going with this and I hope it gets better.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I wrote this surrounding a tough time of year.
realmwriter

9 Years Ago

I see that. And I really do hope that it gets, got better.
Intriguing title by the way. I was compelled to come and see what the writing was all about and it's almost like a song and said so eloquently and perfect. I couldn't have wrapped myself any better than to read this brilliant poem today.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shirlena

9 Years Ago

but it a beautiful pain and it doesn't make the person reading want to shrink but it makes them feel.. read more
Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I really appreciate that. Quite the love fest in here today. I have to go to work.. read more
Shirlena

9 Years Ago

Yeah I know. Ya'll bout to make me cry :).
Sometimes the dark is where we find our safest harbor, I get this.....

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much Frieda, and I knew you would.
Such a melancholy but as always well paced, flowing and descriptive and emotional piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you, I appreciate it. I have been contemplating going back and organizing my work into chapter.. read more
I understand the poem. Sometime in the darkness of thoughts. We can find reason to go forward and be kinder. I enjoyed the poem. A lot of hidden story inside the description. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Yes, there is, and a great deal of pain, thank you for reading.
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Yes it is. We can over come.
In an weird way the dark can be comforting, it's a reminder of darker days, and when you come out of it, you realize how much better off you are... For me anyway... Good write babe. I felt this one.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks, it was hard, that day, and other anniversaries to come I would rather not remember.
Sometimes I take the dark,
and embrace it,
because it's all you
left to warm me
on a chilly
summer's day.

It is all you have left and you do miss them so. A very deep and expressive write, KL.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you. Yes this was a tough one.
Oh this is brave but not only the declaration of accepting the dark is by no means the same as "f**k it" I have had enough I say this becuase some people do tend to mix them up but the difference lies in that the recognition of dakness as a subjct which inhabits us is one thing been pushed to do something as a consequence is a whole different one. And Kl has decided to wrap herself (I hope is her) but not only that she has decided to deprive herself for having let the memory subside as it is the very memory that gives her the feeling she desires.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks, yes, I am a woman. And yes, that is it. Sometimes I let it take me, and then I get the hell .. read more
I think sometimes we are so hard on ourselves.Feeling as if we should be punished for being happy,or for a secod forgetting that we are worth it.Very dark cat :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

I know, that was the hole I dug myself out of.
Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

I have been in that said hole.I hate it.Glad you dug your way out.That's no place for a cat :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

644 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 31, 2014
Last Updated on September 22, 2016
Tags: darkness, sadness, grief, love, missing you


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aware Aware

A Poem by Sami Khalil