another day in terror town

another day in terror town

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

How is another beheading just routine for these people?

"
It's just another day in terror town,
another journalist cruelly cut down.

How is this just another scene?
a new glossy photo spread in a magazine?

Don't give me your coward's cries of
righteous indignation
and stupid,
narrow-minded,
piggish
anti-American justification.
you didn't impact the leader,
or change a political nation.

You killed someone's
son,
husband,
brother,
friend,
in the name of religion
in the name of Allah,
in the name of something
even you don't understand.

It's another day in terror town,
press record and steal
an innocent life,
slashing your way to paradise
with a knife.
I think you are in for a surprise.
you won't meet the men you killed
when you die.

because they went up,
and you are going down.




© 2016 Lyn Anderson


Author's Note

Lyn Anderson
For the families of Daniel Pearl, James Foley, and Steven Sotloff. Terrorism,
even if the "cause" has roots in American politics, is never justified.
And don't bother using this poem as a way to spew anti-American hate, it will be
deleted.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Islam forbids any form of violence and any acts of evil. Those mad extremists are Non Muslim and they are serving the devil instead of Almighty Allah. I have studied the Koran, hadith and I know the truth from those extremists' falsehoods. Most of their victims as you all know have been innocent Muslims from other sects of Islam for they consider them heretics(they are heretics themselves). It saddens me for the media shows that few idiots and rabid dogs following their cult leader( I call them an evil cult of Wahhabism and Salafism) and not showing the anger and disgust of 1.6 billion Muslims who are shown on TV condemning those heinous acts. Islam is the most misunderstood religion and the most taken out of context or used by dictators and cult leaders for their goals.
Koran says:" Those who kill one person as if they have killed the whole humanity, and those who save one person as if they have saved the whole humanity." Many more other verses where it forbids aggression and suicide and killing innocent people.
Islam forbids any form of war except in the extreme self defense, removing oppression against any people and or fighting for true justice. If people study Islam ( without bias and hate or propaganda) they will find it was(is) revolutionary in all its aspects of human rights( women, slavery, voting, property and many more) The Koran is the only book that when it speaks to mankind, it refers to women and men and not just men. ( read for yourselves) Not being preachy but just to highlight some facts away from the media propaganda or the acts of some ignorant countries like Saudi Arabia...
A long subject but I'm adding my voice to the peace loving people( Islam means peace and surrender) but those idiots don't understand that.
Excellent poem...:).................

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

Thank you dear poet...:)........
Tom

9 Years Ago

Well spoken Sami your input on KL's excellent powerful poem is very pertinent indeed, throughout the.. read more
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

"throughout the centuries the minority extremists and fanatics of world religions and cultures have .. read more



Reviews

This is extremely well thought and well written. Kudos to you for speaking your mind out when it is considered hate speech to do so.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

5 Years Ago

Thank you. It is a tough climate in which to speak one's mind
Perfectly stated, KL... It is so hard for me to even read about these acts; how can they actually perform them? This is not how we are meant to treat each other...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

I know, thank you. I also hate the whole blase' attitude of the media, and the cold hearted nature w.. read more
I imagined these fanatics having the kind of power that Nazi's possessed. My feeling is vaporize them but I'm letting emotion control reason. Thank you for your concern about these innocent souls. I wonder if a 45 pistol on the journalist's person would help them?

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks for your review. I can't stand fanaticism of any kind, unless it is a passion for writing or .. read more
The Sunni's have a thing for beheadings, just cutting body parts off in general. It's old school desert justice to them. Beheadings fit into an Islamic state Ideal which is why Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iran and a host of other Middle Eastern Nations still behead criminals who've been condemned to death. ISIS clearly want to look like the bad a*s defenders of Islam to attract recruits which they're going to need because it's looking like NATO is lining up to slaughter the lot of them. They didn't behead their American prisoners to scare us. They did it to impress young men who have nothing better to do with their lives than to join in the glorious Jihad and end up as bomber fodder for NATO a few months down the road. In war the person you see committing acts of barbarism on Monday is all to often blown into a thousand pieces along with half of his comrades by a retaliatory airstrike on Friday. Once the target's put on them,. they don't get away.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

It's all so pitiful and frustrating, with the journalists feeding the machine, and the whole lot of .. read more
Fanatisicm is blind it doesn't really matter which fraction you show they all have a common thread. They have lost of sense of individuality and sacrifice any sense of morality for what it is described as the cause. Killing beggets killing it is a simple as that. The dangerous thing is that this fraction is not concern for example like white supremasist with economical wealth or a way to channel anger. They have some serious methods to entice all who feels a little lost and convinced them that there is merit. Over here people leave to go over there becuase they are so lost in life might as well go and play war.
The people that have just been killed are a reflection of how dangerous those crafted ideologies can become. As Sami put it way more clearly they are not a reflection of devotion and love and respect no doubt about that.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ANM
Your words are passionate and heartfelt the people you speak of are cowards and murderers nothing more and nothing less! Thank you for sharing this ?

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

I couldn't help it. I feel compelled. I still seethe with rage about it.
ANM

9 Years Ago

As do all right minded people whatever their colour or religion!
This entire thing just causes me to be sick. I can not even imagine. I am without words KLGoode except to say your poem is sad, real and terrifying.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Yes it is. And as one of the people who reviewed my poem said, people were more concerned yesterday .. read more
Gosh, this is so hard, I don't have any explanation KL.
Every religion has extremists.
Good and evil has no prejudice.
Good people come in all sizes, shapes, colours, religions, occupations...
But so do evil people.
It's just a horrible thing all around.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Yes, it is. I went off and wrote three in a row because of this -- I am so bloody tired of the hate .. read more
Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

I couldn't agree more!!
This is so horrendous what evil some people do while quoting scripture to justify their actions.I firmly believe that no god would encourage us to kill.It is people who do these acts and claim god told them to do it so they can say they are doing right bit how can these evil deeds be right.A very profound piece cat.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much. It is something I just cannot understand, and people who think that the U.S.'s ba.. read more
Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

There is no justification for terrorizing others.You are welcome Kit Kat :)
It infuriated me yesterday to see that headlines were more focused on Jennifer Lawrence's nudes than this tragedy. Great job on this, these guys are scum and ugly scabs on the Earth.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much. It hit me hard, this news. As for the other, well, money and fame are no substitute .. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1175 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2014
Last Updated on October 14, 2016
Tags: anger, terror, hate, lies, justification, mourning, death, mother loses son, wife loses husband, sadness, friend


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Legacy Legacy

A Poem by Sami Khalil