My mom is a mouse murderer.

My mom is a mouse murderer.

A Story by Lyn Anderson
"

for "the grossest thing" challenge in MomzillaNC's Poetry Challenge

"
       "My mom is a mouse murderer!" Little Z screamed dramatically. M. tried not to laugh, even as she was gagging, watching the twitching body beneath the children's book that had crushed the invader in her room. "Grab me the dustpan, the broom, a plastic bag, cleaner and a paper towel." With trepidation, she wrapped the still warm body in a bag, and disinfected the area surrounding the "accident".
     The comedy of errors that led to the mouse's demise started with the cat, who looked passively at the mouse as M. tried to get his attention and nudge him into killing the mouse. She thought the mouse might have scurried away, and pulled out the hope chest to take a peek, toppling the pile of books onto the mouse. The tiny creature was crushed like a cartoon gets crushed by a piano. Only this mouse was real, and it wasn't walking away from the incident. Of course, she had intended to dispatch the mouse, just not in quite so dramatic or grotesque a manner.
       Later, her daughter took great pride in describing her mother's forray into mouse exterminator. "It was the grossest thing," she squealed with delight, as she retold the tale that would make her mom a legend, if only in her daughter's mind.

© 2014 Lyn Anderson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh dear these things happen. Poor meecie.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks for popping in
Very short, but enjoyable ^_^

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Yes a flash fiction challenge
OMG - eeeeew. Actually, I laughed. Does that make me a terrible person? My spawn have stomped more than one of mickeys country cousins. Sigh.
Great write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much. I am glad you laughed, since I always think your witty writes are funny.
I hate it when I spot one of those in the house or office, it is the time of year when they start seeking cohabitation with us. This was rather humorous, maybe not for the victim, but amusing.

I noticed:
crushed like a cartoon (character) gets crushed by a piano
foray has just one r

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Yeah, isn't that funny? I almost died laughing.
NoelHC

9 Years Ago

Hey, what color is YOUR hair?? : )
Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Black and white of course.:)
Thank you, for the humurous start for my day, KL.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

I am glad it made you smile.
Mom did a stand up job. Cute story KL

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much, glad you popped in.
A mouse murderer? Sounds like a wonderful title to me....that daughter is lucky her mom was so brave. All I could think while reading how she disinfected the area was "EWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!" :) I liked this little story. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reading. I can't wait to see what others do with the challenge.
Lol! I love this. The things mom's do for their kids... :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks. It was pretty funny. For all but the mouse.
LMBO! I love this! Gave me giggle to start my morning!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Good I am glad.
You seem involved in challenegs that's great! Not sure if this would go in my gross section as I was left with the innevitable desire of the little one to portrait her Mom as the "slayer of slayers". So the innocence and child like wonderment felt strongly.

Good luck!

Thankyou.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Man do I need to catch up on reading. I will. I promise. Thank you.
Rene Salinas

9 Years Ago

Oh not on my account please KL . You seem busy enough with the challenges I did not know the exsiste.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

581 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 17, 2014
Last Updated on October 17, 2014
Tags: yuck, nasty, mouse, dead, killer

Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..