how to shop at the market

how to shop at the market

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

something that came to me

"
She examined the product carefully, or so she thought at the time. It was shiny, round, and seemingly perfect -- proudly on display. The cost was a bit dearer than she wanted to pay, but she bought it anyway. When she got it home she discovered it to be mushy inside, and what wasn't bad at first had an after taste, like milk, one day off curdling. She tried in vain to find a recipe to mask the rot, but finally, she just had to toss it away, without so much as a coupon for her trouble.

The next time she went to the market, she bi-passed the front case and looked for something natural, with rough spots, and a few blemishes here and there.  The first taste was more than she expected, bitter, and sweet, with a firm crunch; delightful on the tongue, and satisfying, bite after bite. She only hopes she can preserve it, so she never has to go shopping again.








© 2018 Lyn Anderson


Author's Note

Lyn Anderson

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh, finding perfection is so deceiving isn't it. The rotten fruit that can be inside.
Finding realness- truth- and taste... you can't go back from that.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thanks. This was one of those that started out as something else entirely, and morphed into a bit of.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

948 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 14, 2016
Last Updated on July 5, 2018
Tags: love, truth, me, personality

Love is an open book


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..