stepped into the moon puddles

stepped into the moon puddles

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

a cool September night

"
A cool September evening,
I stepped into the puddles
of the 3/4 moon
while reminiscing sweet
Junes and Decembers of you.
You tell me yes,
and smile ok ;
I know these simple things
are just your way
of letting me know
you share the thoughts
neither of us can quite say ...
when I get blue,
I think of you,
and how far I've come
from that very first day --
So grateful for all the puddles
I stepped in on my way
to you.




© 2016 Lyn Anderson


Author's Note

Lyn Anderson

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is one of my favorites of yours! I love the moon imagery . . . "moon puddles" is brilliant, especially as it morphs into other messy puddles toward the ending of it. I can feel a backlog of appreciation flowing between your words, as hard-earned progress intensifies our enjoyment of later blessings in life.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Your review is so sweet thanks
FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The title suggests something rather romantic which is a different side of you.

FORMAT AND CONTENT

The format has changed from the first entry; it is more traditional which is appropriate for the theme. Personally, I am picky with the Romance genre because I find most of it corny and unrealistic. However, you manage to cover all perspectives that come with love: first love, comedy, anger, sadness, and heartbreak. There is so much hope and innocence in this piece that I find so serene. This reads as a love letter in the sweet and tender beginnings of a relationship whether it be a month or a year. Given what I know about your history, I have a feeling that the mood shifts rather quickly for the honeymoon period does not last long. Frankly, I am beginning to feel that recently in my own relationships.

CLOSING THOUGHTS

I am looking forward to see where this story leads. Humans fall in and out of love so easily that it makes me wonder who the lucky winner will be. Thank you for sharing! I love seeing this romantic side of you. The imagery was wonderful; it has that "I want to be caught in the rain" kind of feeling.

sincerely,
ria





Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thanks for your thoughtful review. Ah, not so quick, this one, though it did hit a little unexpected.. read more
Vria P Crow

7 Years Ago

You are very welcome. :D It sounds like you are having fun.
This is beautiful Kl, such a vivid picture of a life lived together and the memories and reminders we live by in the hope of not making the same mistakes again. I love how your reflections are reflected in the puddles, which there are always enough of here to reflect on. Love this.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I appreciate it.
I love the puddles here, like the stepping stones to the becoming...this is not only romantic but beautifully soft and serene :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thank you dear Poppy, for your read and review.
Heavy sigh.....I want to splash in those puddles for they are ultra romantic. We have to make mistakes before we get things right. Otherwise how would we know when we have the right one? The rhythm and rhyme of this one is super, KL. Very romantic. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

An extra special compliment coming from you. Thanks Lydia. :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
1VJ
Roundabout those splashes of love, quite nice depiction!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thank you. I shall pop by when I am done twork.
puddles to you...
what a journey to tell


Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

hey there. Thanks.
Exhale...you're gorgeous here! It's gentle and quiet. I adore this x

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

oh, thank you! I appreciate it.
This is such a beautiful piece. You're such a strong woman and I really am enjoying the softer side of you and the small hints of vulnerability that you show. You're a tigress, but you're a p***y cat too.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thank you darling. As I ready myself to write something controversial ...
Ana Papaya

7 Years Ago

Lol. :)
Anytime, of course...
Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

I wrote it. My little rant at our pretty boy excuse for a Prime Minister.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
Sigh, a lovely and tender piece. I love how you included the months and the images of puddles and the moon...leaves a great picture in my mind.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed.
V

7 Years Ago

I did. You're welcome.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

632 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 13, 2016
Last Updated on October 9, 2016
Tags: moon, puddles, love, desire, beauty, now


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Notebook The Notebook

A Poem by redzone