If you think...

If you think...

A Poem by Imperfection
"

It took me less than 15 minutes to write this....I felt like the words were flowing from my fingers straight onto the keyboard. I didn't exactly have to think much. I suspect that my brain did not compose it. My heart did.

"

 

 

 

If you think...
It’s easy for me to carry on,
Find another man and live another life,
Build another home and be a good wife,
You’re mistaken...

If you think...
I have erased your memories from my mind,
Emptied my wardrobe of your clothes,
Thrown away your letters, those love notes,
You’re mistaken…

 
If you think...
I can spend an entire hour minus a thought of you,
I go to bed each night without shedding a tear,
And I don’t get flashes of you everywhere,
You’re mistaken…

If you think I don’t miss you, you’re mistaken
…mistaken, because I can’t look beyond you.

For you mean myself to me.
Yes, you still do…

 

 

© 2008 Imperfection


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I understand this so completely, I felt like this ...
a couple of times...
thinking it I could never feel this again....
but I did and it was the most horrible feeling ever...
I was told to go on, forget about him, live your life...
But how could I, when he was my life...
Like it is written above... "For you mean myself to me"...
that's just how I felt.
Beautiful Poem.
Alba :-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

woah, so much emotion again, I can feel everyword that you are saying. and it keeps sending chills down my spine, and making hair raise on the back of my neck.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great poem, great poem, amazingly put, words flow, meaning was seen, everthing was seen. i saw the pain. too be honest it mad me sad. i have felt this way about someone for along time.

-mike kerr-

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The words flow so well and really bring out the emotions in people. Amazing job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The story of my life...and undoubtedly of many other true-loving broken hearts....no matter how much you want to brush their thought away...it doesn't leave you....

Like you said, straight from your heart...and onto the keyboard....emotionally beautiful :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


In one of your reviews, you once wrote to me that it's quite interesting but sometimes out best work comes when we allow and heart and not our brain to think about it, you just did the same thing and thus here, it resulted into a masterpiece.
Its a fact of life that its not very rare when we find someone so special who changes our life just by being a part of it and even if he/she breaks our heart, we still keeps on loving them with each and every broken piece of our heart...
Sigh....
:'(


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I know exactly how you feel. Relationships are a rough ride, especially when they come to a close. What's more is, they're even worse when neither of you find closure in the end. It makes history begin to repeat itself.

Very good write, keep up the great work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very well written! Especially in 15 minutes - or maybe that actually helped the flow of it.
I enjoyed the repetition of the first line and last. I loved the second and third stanzas.
You convey the longing and (involuntary) refusal to let go of memory (and a part of yourself) perfectly.
Perhaps the final stanza could be slightly adjusted to match the form of the previous ones - although i expect it is different on purpose for impact. After the form of the first stanzas took hold of me I stumbled slightly on the last the first time I read it. Maybe I just wasn't reading carefully enough.
This is awesome and reminds me of one of my favourite poems.
Great write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

True...you express how many feel for one person who has touched their hearts deeply. But you never know if another comes along and eases in. Miracles happen! I'm a firm believer. Great work with this one. Dying to see love fill your heart anew and what you will write with that.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Absolutely true concept my dear. I think we all face this emotion at least once in our life times. And it is like your unfeeling b*****d...don't you realize how hurtful this is...But you hurt just the same...I loved this one!
Great work!
Janice Ann

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1210 Views
59 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on February 13, 2008
Last Updated on March 28, 2008

Author

Imperfection
Imperfection

India



About
�Writing is easy. You only need to stare at a piece of blank paper until your forehead bleeds� - Douglas Adams. I am a woman in my 20's. I love writing...sometimes it doesn't.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Crescendo Crescendo

A Story by Dezaraye