Heal the Heart

Heal the Heart

A Poem by Imperfection
"

This is for a friend who will never read it. I wish this message reaches him somehow.

"

I know it’s hard to forget

To erase those memories of the two of you

To throw away pieces of a broken dream

For yours was a love that was so true

 

Some colors grow paler with time

But only if you let them fade away

Let your tears wash away the hue

That is all I want to say

 

Like flowers that wilt when broken from the stem

You must close the chapter with a final seal

Please don’t water the plant of pain

You deserve a chance - a chance to heal.

 

© 2008 Imperfection


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great advice. Yes, it's alright to feel the pain at first, let it out a little. Then it's time to put it behind you and move along. To twist a famous movie quote, "These aren't the loves we are looking for." Once they hurt, let them go.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Like flowers that wilt when broken from the stem
You must close the chapter with a final seal - Wow! What a beautiful simile!
I simply loved the ending, it gave a very good conslusion to the entire poem.
This is really different from your style, and it is the advice at the end which I loved the most about it! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I totally loved this piece! You have a way of getting right to the heart of the matter. Thanks for writing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great advice about how when something doesnt go right you need time to heal all the broken peices of your heart

"You deserve a chance - a chance to heal."

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

as someone already said, great advice indeed
For that alone this one is a great one, great job

Cant wait to read more of Heal the heart advices :)

All the best,
Tamer Qtaish

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

How true this is...Some people stay in that place of pain forever and won't allow themselves to go on, and it only hurts them. My heart is saddened for this friend of yours whose heart has obviously been broken. I have always heard this little saying, "Don't nurse it, don't rehearse it, and God will reverse it." Great job...


Posted 16 Years Ago


You really show your compassion in this piece, and also what a good friend you are. Rain..

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So well put and such loving kind advice. I love the line "Let you tears wash away the hue"....I hope many people, including the friend it was written for, get to read this. There are so many that "Deserve the chance to heal"...they just sometimes need that gentle reminder that they do truly deserve and need to heal. Gentle words to a harsh topic...I love it. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Interesting......It is a look back on painful memories in order to comfort. At least thats what I see, "making you face the fear to overcome it"
-Some colors grow paler with time
But only if you let them fade away.

beautiful way of showing acceptance & release...Good Work.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Part of caring so deeply is sometimes about having a broken heart - because, unfortunately, not every relationship works out the way we would like. I like this advice - it makes me think of my long marriage that just faded and faded some more.... just can't get certain feelings back - sometimes different feelings but ones of true love, once they are lost.... this really makes me think so I am going to put it in my favs for when I need a mini pep talk to move on....this would do that for me. Thanks!

Kath

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This reminds me so much of how I feel about my sister-in-law..She lost my brother 2 years ago and now has begun dating his childhood friend who lost his wit=fe too..they were the best mated pait in our family and I think she deserves to be happy..not alone..The healing comes and tdhen a chance to find love again..I pray every one who loses a good mate that wants not to be alone finds one as good a=or better thatn the one they lost..God bless ..Valentine

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

843 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 13, 2008
Last Updated on February 26, 2008

Author

Imperfection
Imperfection

India



About
�Writing is easy. You only need to stare at a piece of blank paper until your forehead bleeds� - Douglas Adams. I am a woman in my 20's. I love writing...sometimes it doesn't.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..