"WHAT MAKES YOU SO SAD? I THINK YOU'RE THE SADDEST GIRL I'VE EVER MET"

"WHAT MAKES YOU SO SAD? I THINK YOU'RE THE SADDEST GIRL I'VE EVER MET"

A Poem by anamezic

Ethereal rabbit fur coat

Wrapped gently about your shoulders before

Your shoulders folded in on themselves

And your hair was all translucent gold

Shining like the heart of the void that

Touched your pupils and clung;

A plague.


Then,

Gone were the days of your childish lilt

Lost to pathways of a labyrinthine imagination

You ingénue

You forest of a woman

Leaving men half-cocked, trapped

In the penumbra of your mother’s, mother’s nose

You are petrichor in the depths of chapels in Venice

Where you saw the mummified saint

Smaller than you were

that seeded the skepticism

you nurture still;

a miracle in the pocket of your

iron will.


That is why he notices your lithe limbs

When they

Pause with some inexplicably graceful motion

Whist reading a novel you’re only half paying attention to

And that is why the scintilla is always enough

Busting up into micro-fireworks all across his brain and chest and genitals


Like vestigial hopefulness

At the end of it all

And then, and so on, and so forth

I guess.

© 2013 anamezic


Author's Note

anamezic
the closest thing I'll ever write to an autobiography. also, a picture of me

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

If there were a class that taught the caliber of such writing composed here, I would be there. Perhaps if I read again and again, a vestigial hopefulness will envelop me. Thank you for the light you've brought me this day!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Well this is simply the zoo for the many of many favorite words I am now forbidden to use...coastal hemispheric laws and all... hahaha. "Petrichor" alone would be enough to carry my sway but Jesus this is such a beautifully written sad, sad beast! I look at the picture and wonder how any of us has made it to this point in life as artists or humans. Amazing isn't it...that painting next to you as well...I'm dying to know as see but thank you for this as it was the first light to the morning for me.!!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Like vestigial hopefulness
At the end of it all
And then, and so on, and so forth
I guess.

Your whole poetry took me into a different world of your illusions and deep inside your mind, very few can write in such a manner as you do. Respect

Posted 10 Years Ago


'a miracle in the pocket of your
iron will.'

Very nice..

Posted 10 Years Ago


Beautifully written. It's very Sylvia Plath-like. Favourited.

Posted 10 Years Ago


' Like vestigial hopefulness ~ At the end of it all ~ And then, and so on, and so forth ~ I guess.'

What a journey of words, great vocabulary; scenes set with veiled atmosphere. You see more than you actually write. for tho you only give clues rather than precise description, this is amazingly beguiling, tempting. Could be a synopsis of book or film .

Posted 10 Years Ago


Some words come falling, they trip and tumble deeply deeper in to the recesses and 'labyrinthine pathways' of my mind. A biographical movie of some lethargic lexicon I directed through lines read under lights that made the mood clear. I'm very impressed, by the flow, vocabulary and lines that reveal imagination.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I feel like I can learn a lot from you as an aspiring writer. I'm more interested in writing books than poetry but I try to utilize practice in all areas. Anyway, I digress.

Your piece was so beautiful and intricate yet at the same time there's this very casual air to the whole thing. It's elegant and careful but the ending was very raw for me. I think it's wonderful how you were able to integrate all these different elements.

Something about your writing reminds me of Plath's work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


May I consider this piece as the prelude to a celebrated autobiography?
Enjoyed the craftsmanship strewn across the golden piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Often sadness of ourselves is a strength that we have little form to realize. We all see ourselves as something other than what we are, we are critical with our looks and our ways, yet others find our beauty and itelligence striking. Sometimes we refuse to accept what we see in the mirror and far beyond the mirror and sometimes that is a good thing, whether we realize it or not.

This poem touched me, I felt it, I sensed it breathing and saw its beauty. There was a deep sadness forming here, though the sunlight of the truth came shining through brightly. Very nice.

Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1380 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on May 8, 2013
Last Updated on May 8, 2013
Tags: girl, sad, mental disorder, health, starving, depressed, manic

Author

anamezic
anamezic

CA



About
19 year old from California moving to Brookyln for an education. work inspired by digitization/ philosophy/ degenerate mental health and unfaltering romanticism more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..