Dear Father

Dear Father

A Poem by Ana
"

This is a story about a father who left his daughter. This a short letter to him

"

Today they asked me to describe on a piece of paper how I felt about my father. So here I go. A letter from your daughter. What do I feel about you? Well I feel so many emotions, some of which I cannot even begin to explain. New ones are always forming and I can’t seem to comprehend. I am confused and lost, but yet again I feel like I have it all, under control of course. I have never met you, and I don’t think I ever will, but if I ever do I just want you to know that I hate you. I always will, one cannot forgive a being for such foolish actions. If you weren’t ready then why did you have me? Why did you flee? Why did you think having a child was so easy? All those late nights, that would keep you awake, worrying about another little human isn’t a piece of cake. My mother suffered and I couldn’t help but blame myself, you had too much pride and your ego was mighty. You never return so I thought we were nothing.


Of course you don’t deserve my mother’s love, she is a kind woman with a good heart. On the other hand you, you are a mindless monster that doesn’t deserve love. Maybe I am over exaggerating, because everyone needs it. My mother taught me self-respect and to give it to the little children because maybe at home they didn’t receive it. Now back to my mother. Things weren’t so easy. She is a mom and a dad, something you couldn’t be. She worked really hard to put food on the table, and I will forever be grateful. My mother, the woman you were gonna marry. She is getting old and it’s scary, because when she leaves this earth to go to heaven who would I have? The loneliness will be temporary, she taught me to be strong and to depend on myself, because no man was ever going to help. That’s not true all the time, some women need help from a man and they are doing just fine.


I wish you could see me, the woman I am becoming and I am great because I am just like my mother. I have her glowing eyes, that are always filled with joy and pride and her gleaming smile that I haven’t seen in awhile. Why did you leave? Just answer that question, it has been pondering on my mind for years and with no hesitation I always stop and assume is because you never loved us, you left without an explanation and never stopped to discuss. You know what? I forgive you, I forgive you for what you have done, because I am not a cold hearted person and I wish you the best of luck. I hope you have a family which you cherish and love, something you couldn’t do with us. So with that last line, it is time to say bye. I’ll see you never and forever goodbye.


Sincerely,
A daughter you will never love.

© 2016 Ana


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you for a beautiful,heart felt piece of your heart,,although I have not experienced this specific path in life your touching words made me feel as if I have!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Ana

6 Years Ago

Oh thank you so much ms. Vancooney, it means so much.
A sad letter. Letter to a AWOL parent. Always a sad one to write. I liked the honest tone and emotions shared. Thank you Ana for sharing your amazing and powerful words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Ana

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much, your review means a lot.
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Was my pleasure ad you are welcome.
A moving glimpse into personality-defining experiences and beautifully written.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ana

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much, it means a lot.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2016
Last Updated on April 7, 2016

Author

Ana
Ana

Hardeeville, SC



About
I have a big passion for writing poems, stories and other things. I just write whatever comes to my mind, sometimes is relate-able and helpful. more..

Writing
In-between In-between

A Story by Ana


A Way Out A Way Out

A Story by Ana