Intoxicated Love

Intoxicated Love

A Poem by Ana

And then that’s when he said “I’m sorry I can’t be the person you want me to be” and the more I thought about it and pondered on that sentence I realized he was right.

He is not the person I want him to be, he isn’t even the person I want to be with.

I intoxicated this relationship with all my pain, for my past relationship and I was hurting him without even knowing.

My past lover hurt me so much I didn’t realize I was taking that out on someone else who would do absolutely anything for me and I wouldn’t move a finger for him.

He showed me the type of love I needed but it was not the type of love I wanted, well at least he was not the person I wanted the love from.

I was such an a*****e to him whilst he would be the sweetest.

He’d text me everyday at every minute to check up on me and I would not reply till hours later, and when I did answer he replied with such love and enthusiasm.

I don’t understand what kind of drugs he is on, calling me his love and that I’m everything to him.

He says I make him happy, but I don’t know how.. because me?

I haven’t been happy for a long time.




© 2017 Ana


Author's Note

Ana
Please Comment

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I relate to this so much. By far one of my favorite pieces I have read

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ana

6 Years Ago

That made my day completely thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Added on May 8, 2017
Last Updated on May 8, 2017

Author

Ana
Ana

Hardeeville, SC



About
I have a big passion for writing poems, stories and other things. I just write whatever comes to my mind, sometimes is relate-able and helpful. more..

Writing
In-between In-between

A Story by Ana


A Way Out A Way Out

A Story by Ana


Realization Realization

A Story by Ana