Silence

Silence

A by anastacia

Silence is excruciating. It deafens, slaying all the sounds more surely than the loudest noise one can imagine. It captures the mind, grips the heart with vehement force like it never intends to let go. A serene night gives an illusion of calmness, tranquility; this is pretence: millions of ideas flicker through thousands of minds, contemplating, hoping, struggling, regretting, deciding, doubting, waiting…waiting for the night to flee and the day to fall…Carried away by the emotion, you forget about the others, the sense of waiting seizes you, sending electric shocks from head to toes, shakes the brain until you wish to scream at the world and yourself; but what’s the use of screaming if you are deaf and the silence is thick, no one will perceive or react. Making friends with silence is salvation, it seems; oh but this is deception, self-delusion – silence will take over, steal the words and make you dumb. Fighting? Fighting will drive you to insanity, drown in madness, exhaust to the point when winning is equal to losing. The escape obviously lies in the notorious golden mean, cravingly searched for and never found. Desperately staring at the horizon where the dazzling blackness is to meet the blazing light, I wish you a good night.

© 2008 anastacia


Author's Note

anastacia
These are just some thoughts which I attempted to wrap into literary form. I would appreciate if you expressed your opinion, whichever that may be, positive, negative or indifferent.

My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent, description of Silence. I liked what you have written. Nice job.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 28, 2008

Author

anastacia
anastacia

Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine



Writing
Body Heat Body Heat

A Poem by anastacia