My Realistic Dream

My Realistic Dream

A Story by Siddhartha Dhar Choudhury

The clock struck nine, suddenly the woman living next door screamed. “What might have happened to her”, I thought. Without much delay I went to her house. She was lying dead on the floor surrounded with red blood. Her window was open, “The murderer might have escaped from here”, I said to myself. In earlier days I used to be a CID officer, now retired but still the inspector inside me was alive. I turned her body, but there was no sign of stabbing, there was not a single hole in her body. I knew her well, she was a college student, but she was not a person with enemies, she was calm and hardly got angry. I thought it was my duty to solve the case. I examined her body and found a small arrow in her left hand; I took it out and gave it to a friend of mine, who was a forensic expert. He studied it carefully and found out that it was the poison of poison dart frog, the most poisonous living organism in the whole world. He told me, “This arrow still has the capacity to kill many people, the poison is still active”. He further told me that it was only found in Central and South America, but for special purpose it is imported to India and that too only in our city. I felt very happy. I searched on the internet and found there were three dealers of these frogs in our city. I went to the first one and found out that it had been five years since someone ordered it. I got the same answer in the second shop. I was disappointed and I went to the third shop, where I came to know that this type of frog was ordered a month ago. I asked him the address of the person and the answer he gave me astonished me greatly. It was the girl herself, who had ordered it. Then why did she kill herself. I was thinking deeply all the way to home. As I was entering my home, my neighbor came to me and told me, “A few hours ago a boy came to her house and they were quarrelling madly”. “He must be Ajay, who loved the girl, but the girl hated him”, I thought. I called and reported the issue to my colleagues who were still in CID. Together we went to Ajay’s home. We knocked the door, but he refused to open the door, so one of our teammates broke open the door. Ajay had another dart in his hand, “I will kill you all, do not come close”, he said to us. But I saw that there was no poison in it. I caught him and sent him to jail, and I was filled with a feeling of deep satisfaction. “Sahabji, wake up it is 8 o’clock”, my servant told me. “Oh! I thought I did it”, I said. “Just leave it”, I said to him. He then handed me the newspaper and y bed tea. I opened the newspaper, the first headline �" “A boy killed her lover with the help of her pet frog in Delhi”. “What”, I said.

© 2014 Siddhartha Dhar Choudhury


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on April 21, 2014
Last Updated on April 21, 2014

Author

Siddhartha Dhar Choudhury
Siddhartha Dhar Choudhury

Pasighat, Arunachal Pradesh, India



About
I write stories whenever i am free. more..

Writing