Why is Stockton, Ca Bankrupt? -Utter Corruption--

Why is Stockton, Ca Bankrupt? -Utter Corruption--

A Story by Andrew N. Farrens
"

Blatant corruption and it makes me sick to my stomach. This is the first I have written about Stockton's bankruptcy but I promise it will not be the last.......Indeed. Res Ipsa Loquitur. .A.N.F.

"

This is why it is moronically absurd that my home-town, The City of Stockton, is now declared bankrupt. We have the best deep-water channel/port on the West Coast and quite possibly in the entire whole of The United States of America. As you can see from the photo below, which I took right before sunset today, there is a huge ship docked in front of the port and even bigger, ocean going vessels can travel here to load and unload precious economic cargo.

The Central Valley of California is one of biggest growers of produce and we have this wonderful deep-water port to ship it out of. Goods of all sorts can make their way inland so that it is easier to truck items up and down the West Coast, along with easy routes to the Mid-West. Stockton geographically sits not only on the Delta but also lies in between Interstate 5 and Hi-way 99. Both are major freeways that connect drivers to everywhere.

Why are we not taking advantage of our natural resources? Is there not any work being done at the port?

Well, I'm sure business is being handled as per usual, with the same kickbacks to city officials who grow rich from the blatant corruption. That is also part of Stockton’s history; we are historically corrupt. The rich get richer while the poor go with-out help. Soon the so-called Middle Class will starve. If responsible, moral business people --or at least not as greedy as the current a******s-- took back control of Stockton's economy, using the port and other natural resources that are at their disposal, which are actually quite plentiful if one looks carefully, then Stockton would not suffer the indignant embarrassment native Stocktonians feel whenever we see our city portrayed on the Mainstream Mass Media.

I detest my city, not because of the way it looks or the horrid weather we have in the summer, but mostly because the City Government is utterly corrupt and it sincerely disgusts me. I have seen it firsthand. I have watched a Deputy District Attorney -who shall remain nameless-- amuse himself by tormenting folks he considered "bad people", along with his private investigator friend, who used to be a deputy sheriff. They'd plot against "enemies", using whatever power they had acquired politically to ruin lives or at the very least disrupt them entirely. This was during the reign of Baxter Dunn and Monte McFall, both of whom were indicted and I believe convicted of what basically amounted to utter corruption. Baxter Dunn was once the Sheriff of San Joaquin County and the Deputy D.A. and his a*****e buddy private investigator friend were in tight with the Dunn administration.

How do I know all of this? Well, my deceased father was great friends with this Deputy District Attorney, who suffered from anti-social problems such as child-porn addiction and Nyquil dependency and as a result did not have many friends. Allegedly, he was such a good friend of my dad’s; he risked disbarment when he associated with my fugitive father in 2007. This was shortly before my father died of a prescription narcotic over-dose, when he was living in Reno, Nevada. The D.A. bought my father a television and some other things when what he should have done is put him in rehab. He was too afraid of my father to do so but he could have really helped my family by getting my father into rehab, which was almost impossible for my mother and me to do. Unfortunately, the D.A. did not really help my father and thus is somewhat responsible for the death of my father, as all who were involved in my dad’s life are guilty. We simply did not do enough……

From seven years of age, I watched my father use these corrupt resources to influence litigation involving family, thankfully using the power he wielded for what I consider good. Of course, things sometimes got out of hand as my dad was sometimes a sinister character who loved to make mischief purely for boredom's sake. Anything could be done during those twilight years of my youth. Even I benefited when I was dragged to court on bull-s**t charges of harassing my ex-girlfriend �"it was actually the other way around�"and on other juvenile nonsense. Calls were made and I received absolutely no punishment whatsoever. Not that I did anything bad but a poor youth of color would not have been so lucky. I was once proud that I got away due to the connections of my father but now I am disgusted with myself. However, I would not change a thing and if I had half a chance to influence litigation or legal s**t now, I would do the same, helping all of my friends who I feel are being treated unfairly by the court system. This is the very concept of my duality but I digress……

Please do not tell me that Stockton is bankrupt for any of the reasons stated by the City Council. It is all happening because somebody got too greedy. The simple but sad truth is that Stocktonians are to blame because we elected these jerk chicken a******s or we allowed them to be hired. Simply put, we did not pay enough attention to our City Government. It is a wise practice to never trust a politician but alas, we were lured to sleep by the sound of gun-fire as the violence rages on in the streets of Stockton........

 

          Res Ipsa Loquitur

 

Andrew N. Farrens    

Drew Kazinsky

June 27, 2012

West Stockton, California

http://www.writerscafe.org/uploads/rte/39e73464b5106c5bfdfacee873b93a6d.jpg

© 2012 Andrew N. Farrens


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ya, Stockton has always had a rough reputation. Summers weren't that bad though. You always had the Delta breeze cooling things a little at night.

I remember the stories of corruption going back to the 80's. What can you do to change it? I don't know brother. That's the million dollar question.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Andrew N. Farrens

11 Years Ago

Not much one can do but I must try, even if it is only with the words I write.......Selah.



Reviews

Ya, Stockton has always had a rough reputation. Summers weren't that bad though. You always had the Delta breeze cooling things a little at night.

I remember the stories of corruption going back to the 80's. What can you do to change it? I don't know brother. That's the million dollar question.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Andrew N. Farrens

11 Years Ago

Not much one can do but I must try, even if it is only with the words I write.......Selah.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1348 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 30, 2012
Last Updated on August 30, 2012
Tags: Andrew, Farrens, Drew, Kazinsky, Stockton, California, Bankruptcy, crime, economics, Corruption

Author

Andrew N. Farrens
Andrew N. Farrens

West Stockton, CA



About
Andrew Nicolas Farrens A/N/F Drew Kazinsky westies 209 Andrew N. Farrens a.k.a Drew Kazinsky is an awful, often Confused Poet/Writer/Musician/Word-Bully/Word-Slinger and many .. more..

Writing