My Wedding Vows

My Wedding Vows

A Poem by Victoria Scott
"

I wrote these for a contest on here, but as I started to write these I began to really get into it and put my whole heart and soul into this. Enjoy :)

"

To Wife:

(Wife's name) I want you to share my life with you.  I want to love you when the times in our marriage become dark.  I want to catch you when you fall and hold you and comfort you when I wasn't there to catch you.  I want to build, not just a house, but a home with you, and every day when we awaken I want to hear the sound of the children that we created together.  I want to be right by your side when you are sick, and even if you are not I will take great pleasure in standing by you in anything we do, as we are now.  I have chosen you because I love you and because you are the only person I can imagine myself with when we are old.  I want you because you are more beautiful than anyone because of who you are.  I want to be with you no matter what happens.  To hold your hand when things get tough because I found my comfort in your affection always.  There are times when I will be rich and times when I will be poor, but I want to be with you despite those times and everything life throws at us.  I love you and want to spend my life with you...so I ask you now, will you, today, become my wife?


(Wife) I will.

 

To Husband:

(Husband's name)  I want to be yours forever.  I want to stand by your side in all things because I love you.  I want to serve you, not because it is my duty, sanctioned by God, but because I love you and trust you.  I want to be held by you in the darkest of times because you are my shield against the rain.  I want to have your children as proof to the world that we are in love.  I want to be by your bedside on the days when you fall sick, and I want to be able to pull you close on the days when you are rundown by the world.  I want to wake up one morning, fifty years from now, and find out it's still you right beside me.  I want to grow old with you because you are the one for me.  There will be times when you are rich and times when you are poor, but my love shall never change because I love YOU and nothing else matters.  I trust you and love you and I love you for who you are.  To me, you are the only one on earth, and you are what life is worth living for.  I want to live my life with you, so today, in front of witnesses, I ask you, will you take me to be your wife?


(Husband) I will.   

© 2011 Victoria Scott


Author's Note

Victoria Scott
Ok so this is VERY personal and does not need to really be liked by people...this just came from my heart because I am not very fond of the original vows and wanted something a lot more personal :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow I love how you did both of the vows its really impressive. Thats all I can say.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wedding vows are more of an inward expression of the union and future life. In that view, if it is poetic, it just happens to be. Being poetic or not shouldn't add anything or detract from the vows.

Yours vows are formal, they're serious, and it's evident that you placed your heart into it. That's all I can say, because it would be beyond me to say or, much less, desire to critique this. One thing I won't touch is critiquing wedding vows, that sacred spoken bond is exclusive to outsiders' opinions.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

377 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 10, 2011
Last Updated on June 10, 2011

Author

Victoria Scott
Victoria Scott

Sioux Falls, SD



About
"All right... I'm glad it's a girl. And I hope she'll be a fool--that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool." -Great Gatsby more..

Writing