Fashion Forward

Fashion Forward

A Story by hrs
"

A young girl trying to break into the industry she wants to be in. Building confidence, and believing in herself.

"

Ebeny gazed out the window dreamily, not seeing reality before her, but lost in her own imagination. Ebeny started as the waitress asked, “Can I get you anything else?” “No, Thank you,” came Ebeny’s reply that well displayed the confidence she lacked. She dreamed of walking down a lit up runway, captivating people with her poise and elegance, she was hungry for it. Ebeny thought to herself, as she gathered her things to leave the shop, “I am going to be somebody! So many enter the world of the famous and sell out to become another copy at any cost! Not me,” thought Ebony. “This is my statement on the world, and that is not what I want to leave behind.”

 

Ebeny had already had a few small callbacks. She was looking for her chance. Now as she made her way to her third interview this week, Ebeny focused on calming her nerves. Ebeny’s worst obstacle was her timidity. Fear came through at the worst of times, and lived for her.

Ebeny was at a very familiar cross road searching for her place in life. A true fight, and lots of people sacrifice so much of themselves to obtain dreams that are not what they seem.

 Today’s interview was for a modeling agency, the sign on the building read Perfection. The gold of the sign glinted in the sunlight, almost on cue as Ebeny gazed at it. In the lobby, Ebeny felt the grip on her nerves slip when everybody appeared flawless. Approaching the receptionist, Ebeny stated her name, and found a seat to wait. Ebeny thought frantically, “These people are on a different level than me, how am I supposed to fit in?” Just then the door to the inner office opened and a blond male god called her name. Trey, the assistant, informed Ebeny, that Mrs. Ellington would be interviewing her, and left her in the doorway of a spacious office. A single woman stood by the window, on the phone in a heated conversation.

 

“If you cannot give me what I asked for, just know that Perfection is done doing business with you,” Vivian ended her conversation motioning for Ebeny to sit. “Would this be it?” All these thoughts and more surged through Ebeny’s mind. Her nameplate read Vivian, but Ebeny had known her from the moment she had entered the room. This was Vivian Ellington well known model, who started Perfection from the ground up and made its name within two short years. Vivian was constantly followed by paparazzi, being interviewed, and always in the media. Who knew that she would be in Chicago! This was a hard woman to impress. Vivian looked Ebeny over before speaking, “Let me guess, you’re quite new to modeling. Had some smaller jobs. Pretty isn’t good enough here, we need fantasy, exotic, we need you to be what ever we need you to be. What makes you think your right for the job? You don’t look aggressive enough to survive here.”

 

After a moment Ebeny realized Vivian was waiting for an answer and began frantically, “I..I wwwant this…. Fashion! More than anything, I’m innovative, versatile, and dedicated. Perfection would be that perfect teacher, to bring out my best potential. I will be a leading model! I’m looking for the right people to take me their.”

 

Vivian held her hand up, slitting her eyes in thought, then said, “Ok I’ve heard enough. Looking over your material, I think I’m prepared to take you as a risk, but you have some serious work to do. I hope you don’t think this will be easy? Its not all glitter and glamour!”

 

“Yes, I understand. Thank You so much for this opportunity,” Ebeny practically groveled as she exited first the office and then the building lighter than air. This WAS her big break! 

© 2017 hrs


Author's Note

hrs
For anyone whose ever tried to build a dream or take that first leap of faith in believing in yourself. You are enough!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on October 28, 2017
Last Updated on October 28, 2017
Tags: fashion, modeling, drama, dreams, aspirations

Author

hrs
hrs

N/A



About
I like to write, i also like to read. I'm a notebook journal junky and write when ever and were ever my mind decides to through up its contense. Writing is as much an art form as any other kind of art.. more..

Writing
Fever continued Fever continued

A Chapter by hrs