The Prince and the Moon

The Prince and the Moon

A Story by Kelsey
"

A lonely little prince see's a beautiful ballerina and asks for the moons help in finding her.

"
                             The Prince and the moon
                
               Once upon a time there was a little prince with golden blonde hair as shiny as the little crown that sat upon his head. He lived a lonely and isolated life. He never had anyone to talk to during the daytime. His father, the king, and mother, the queen, were always gone conducting business. He did, however, have a friend in the moon. You see the little prince’s palace was so close to the sky that often the prince would consult the moon for advice. He never bothered the sun for the prince knew that the sun was too busy shining its warm rays on his town of Lunarla. The moon was never busy since it never produced any light of its own. The sun did all the work even at night. Even so, the moon always had kind wise words to say to the prince.
             
               One day when the prince was looking out of his window he saw the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. It was a ballerina dancing gracefully in the gardens. But before he could say anything the ballerina had already disappeared. The little prince was enchanted instantly with the ballerina and waited till night came to ask for advice. When the moon came close enough to the balcony the prince was standing on the prince shouted, " Moon please help me! I saw the most beautiful girl! But I can not leave the palace and I don’t know when the ballerina will come back. So would you track her for me?"The moon thought for a moment and then finally spoke. " I will track her for you but you must give me something in return." "What is it you want moon?" Said the prince. The moon didn’t hesitate with an answer. " What I want is a large round piece of paper the same size as me and a large lantern." The prince agreed and went to work on the paper. Once he was done he gave the lantern and the paper to the moon and the moon then went off to find the ballerina. At this point the sun was getting angry that the moon would have so much free time as to wander around the world to find a single girl. "Why is it that the moon has so much free time while I have none! I have to shine both in the daytime and work at night to keep the world bright! It just isn’t fair!" The sun then began to plot against the moon. By the time the moon had finally found the ballerina he was very tired. He soon learned that the ballerina was not a ballerina but a princess of the neighboring town. " Little ballerina will you come with me? There is an admirer in the next town that longs to meet you." The princess was a very clever and intelligent girl and therefore would not be persuaded so easily. "If he admires me so then why did he not come here himself?" The moon replied " He can not leave his palace for has to take care of his kingdom while the king and queen are gone." The little princess was still not convinced by the moons words and it took till dawn to finally persuade her to come with him. "Please little ballerina come with me before the sun is up. The prince really wants to meet you and he even gave me a valuable golden lantern just so he could talk to you. Please, I promise you I wont steal you." Weary from talking to the moon for so long the princess finally agreed. As the moon carried the princess to the neighboring town the sun was starting to rise. The sun carefully laid in wait behind the mountain to jump the moon and when he did the princess fell into the little princes pond. The little prince came rushing out to see what the noise was. When the little prince's and the ballerina's eyes met they both fell deeply in love with one another. The princess exclaimed in amazement, "Your really real!" "Of course I am beautiful little ballerina!" By the time the ballerina had remembered the suns quarrel with the moon the fight was already over. The sun had won and killed the moon. The little prince was sobbing at the loss of his best friend, the moon, when a tattered round piece of paper came floating down. Just then the moon came out from behind the hills and caught the sun in the golden lantern. The moon then gave the lantern back to the prince. "This is yours now little prince. When I am in the sky do not release the sun for we will only fight but when I am asleep and gone from the sky release the sun so that the world will not be dark. Do this for me every day so that there will be a balance in night and day." With that the moon rose to the sky once more and shown its own light on the world for the first time. Seven years past and the prince and the ballerina were married under the beautiful moonlight. The prince was now never lonely.

© 2009 Kelsey


Author's Note

Kelsey
This fairytale is apart of my story Blue Triangle that Im currently working on. When the story switches to another characters point of view a different fairytale opens up. Each fairytale gives cryptic messages about what will become of that character. I still have to write about 30 more fairytales for Blue Triangle and a few other of my stories. Well please excuse my poor grammer in this! I've always been horrible at it! Anyways I hope you enjoyed reading my story! ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was cute. You could expand it by adding more detail. More romance. : }

Posted 14 Years Ago


That was just so beautiful. It seemed so pure and innocent. Reminds me of my fairytale writing days. I am glad you thought of something so.. well, pretty =] I loved it. And for being 18 to say that well, am a sucker for fairy tales. I think you did an amazing job. Not much to correct but a proofreading should solve it out. And as for the grammar? Leave it that way. I think the few mis-matched words make the story very innocent.
Loved it =]

--Niki

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 24, 2009

Author

Kelsey
Kelsey

rancho cucamonga, CA



Writing
Patch Patch

A Story by Kelsey


The Traveler The Traveler

A Story by Kelsey