SCREWED IN ELECTRICITY

SCREWED IN ELECTRICITY

A Story by mark slade



        Drift off to sleep in their locked compartment, the only time curled up after the Vision book shut down. Father's arm felt safe. Programmed hopes,desires,wishes, dreams, and sometimes regrets. Synthetic touch Mother, a body of water. In order to have birds fly above, to steal the codes, he was dead.


       And books promise love made sure proper distractions attentive to detail. Even people are almost real, usually their minds working against them. Eyes blinking in the wrong direction, the technology twisted.


                    Sleep to claim control of the underground.


        Abundance of gunfire from a sequencer code. There was something thinned out, hours upon hours breaking into trapdoors. Only a good thief knows the partly darkened room.



                  Retinas screw in electricity.

                  A distorted face crawled fast.










© 2011 mark slade


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You're in the groove of the Grey to rainbow realm here . Surrealism incarnate. This can be contagious like fruit. Excellent. :))

Posted 12 Years Ago


do metaphors have to make sense? dunno. this is like when I experiment with what I call "lucid writing" nano flashes of images, concepts, perceptions appear out of the ethers and then rapidly evaporate again into the nothingness of lost connection. The cost, is the risk. The risk the incandescent filament will permanently snap with the connection. does any of it have to make sense on that otherworldly plane???? of course not. No one is prepared, all perish on the desert of mind. Only the confetti fragments of a hint of their adventurous existence remains to flash into the lucid mind of the next ego driven fool, hell-bent on huffing the ethers of fantasy nebula and stardust cocaine..... breathe deeply now.....

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 14, 2011
Last Updated on October 14, 2011

Author

mark slade
mark slade

williamsburg, VA



About
a writer of horror and dark fantasy http://bloodydreadful.blogspot.com/ more..

Writing
THE HIND THE HIND

A Story by mark slade



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Crossing Crossing

A Poem by Robin