Psychic Meeting (1)

Psychic Meeting (1)

A Story by mi-chan
"

A band of psychics try to stop an evil organizations' abuse of psychic abilities as their memories play apart of the plot.

"

The unsavory wind licked the salty spray from my cheeks, clearing my eyes from the disdainful view of a familiar rustic color. That carrot-top of mine had led to my fair share of harmful words and sharp remarks, laid heavily with the sarcasm of a snake-riddled tongue. But that would not affect me today, my view was one of optimism- watching the sunset play across glittering waters as they crashed into the sturdy rocky cliffs, wondering what tomorrow could possibly bring. Emotional stress that badgered the ordinary mind and pointless morals that confused the souls of our generation were none of my concern. I had greater thoughts to consume my subconscious.

 

I brushed the remnants of the annoying pest from my face, getting a clearer outlook of my setting sanctuary-- beautiful, laden with savory pinks and rose-tinted violets, fading into the mass of the heavens above. The star of the stage was exiting in its dramatic manner as always, coming to a finish when all was silent. Awe-striking as it was, inspiring even the dullest of our race, the performance held not my undivided attention. No, I was not captivated by this magnificent display. Instead I focused on the dark individual wandering towards me, towards my haven, towards my mind-calming oasis. And I was not happy.

 

Sauntering along in his own sort of gait, a serious expression played across his countenance- the only expression most ever saw. Looking up with pale blue eyes that captured the most hidden and clandestine of emotions, I saw his normal electric stare and matched it with my own. With his soft, pale features mimicking those of vampiric movie actors, and feathery light hair that acted as his ravens’ wings, women were naturally drawn to him. This was but an addition. The main reason why others, even men, were attracted towards this strange and distant creature was because of his abnormally bright aura.

 

Exuberant light pushed free of its normal constraints and forced itself to be heard, a light so extraordinary that most, at first, catch themselves staring openly at such a spectacle. With no restraints, energy released itself boundlessly as if there was a never-ending supply of his blinding power. Mixed in with this expansion of white, separate shades of colors faded in and out as they danced around in that glowing playground of sentiment. I have never witnessed another with such pure energy, and have never fully become accustomed to its strength. It pulls you in, unknowingly, as you become consumed with its interminable amount of light. Mind becoming fuzzy with the over play of aura-- I am the only one affected in this way. Without sensitivity to such phenomenon, one would merely enjoy being in company of this person. But as I am, I cannot spend more than a few minutes next to this flaming orb, especially since his energy begins to mix with mine. Gaining more energy than you should physically be able to manage is bad. Therefore, his presence is not welcome. At least, not here.

 

He comes closer and I feel his enormous presence impeding upon my own, causing my natural reaction to back-step. He pauses realizing this.

 

“Is there something you need, or is there no reason for you to be ruining this lovely sunset?” I glared. Though there was no cause for this anger, I instinctively was. This guy just pissed me off.

 

“Micae and Jess found something that might help us breach the Schools’ security system. They wanted to gather everybody,” he replied with his deep mystic voice, ignoring my obvious hatred. I looked at him with curious interest, visibly now in a better mood.

 

“That’s good, it means we’ll be able to put our plan into action sooner than we expected. And time is of the essence.”

 

My back now facing the cause of my irritation, I gazed off into the Sun’s horizon, caught in its everlasting bliss, a daydream I wish I could be lost in for eternity. As my anger was melting away, I felt his being moving closer, causing my mind to set up an invisible wall to prevent his penetration. I forced my body to stay as it was as he stood next to me and looked into the distance as well.

 

“How long has it been since we escaped? Two years?” a rhetorical question he asked more to himself than I. Sighing, he looked away and closed his eyes. I averted my gaze and watched the pale blues and reds flash across his intense aura, signaling the remembrance of unwanted pains and memories. Those dark days of endless black where nights continued in a circling path to drive one mad, they lingered in an unwelcomed stay, permanent yet throbbing in heart’s grief. A pain that only those who had suffered the same fate could understand, it resonated throughout one’s entire being. Visiting in dreams, it causes nightmares that one would awaken to in wide-eyed fear and stifled shrieks. It hid in the shadows of daytime’s wake, a constant reminder that was never to be dismissed. Throughout those moments of undeniable happiness it flaunted its flamboyant suit  to bring torture back to its rightful chair. These scars that could never be erased, could never be forgotten, would lead us through the thorn-mounted castle of salvation and revenge. Irrefutable in its stay, we would all have to bond together as the survivors of this thunder-storms’ rage and create a better life for those yet unsoiled. We vowed and we prayed. We would not let this continue. No more.

 

Looking away, I turned towards the forest that would lead back to my friends, awaiting my return with pleasant news.

 

“You coming?” I asked. The vampiric raven’s eyes met mine as we shared a silent understanding. Then he did what others would have given a lifetime to see-- he nodded and grinned. Nearly the only person in the world to see this face, I couldn’t help but smile back.

 

And so we walked, side-by-side, into the promising future together.

© 2011 mi-chan


Author's Note

mi-chan
This IS a freewriting, so at points you may not be able to understand it completely. Just read over those points and try not to think too hard.
As a warning for following chapters: I'd like to keep this mainly as a freewriting piece that I can elaborate on. This keeps me entertained since not even I know how it's going to turn out.
Also, if there's any suggestion on word usage, I'd gladly take criticism and some pointers since (in general) I have problems finding the right words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I want more!!!This was amazing,i love the way you write!

This was my favourite part:
I brushed the remnants of the annoying pest from my face, getting a clearer outlook of my setting sanctuary-- beautiful, laden with savory pinks and rose-tinted violets, fading into the mass of the heavens above. The star of the stage was exiting in its dramatic manner as always, coming to a finish when all was silent. Awe-striking as it was, inspiring even the dullest of our race, the performance held not my undivided attention. No, I was not captivated by this magnificent display. Instead I focused on the dark individual wandering towards me, towards my haven, towards my mind-calming oasis. And I was not happy.

How hauntingly beautiful.One piece of advice from me: Do not change anything about the way you write :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It has a certain essence of ambiguity, hesitation, anxiousness, etc.. to it..All crucial elements to the human/emotional experience..so you captured this well, and naturally, considering this is free-writing
My only criticism would be that it gets verbose in places, but then I'd be criticizing Shakespeare, Hemmingway and a whole host of very skilled and effective writing..
finding it to be a challenge, finding the right words--well, I'd imagine this is why many amateurs don't become authors
but you most certainly have the gift
well done, on this story, cause I honestly rarely read stories and this kept my interesting, both in content and flow

Posted 13 Years Ago


I am absaloutely in love with him! the way you described him, and everything in general,is just captivating! I def. want more,and not knowing yourself how it'll end,is sometimes the best part!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I want more!!!This was amazing,i love the way you write!

This was my favourite part:
I brushed the remnants of the annoying pest from my face, getting a clearer outlook of my setting sanctuary-- beautiful, laden with savory pinks and rose-tinted violets, fading into the mass of the heavens above. The star of the stage was exiting in its dramatic manner as always, coming to a finish when all was silent. Awe-striking as it was, inspiring even the dullest of our race, the performance held not my undivided attention. No, I was not captivated by this magnificent display. Instead I focused on the dark individual wandering towards me, towards my haven, towards my mind-calming oasis. And I was not happy.

How hauntingly beautiful.One piece of advice from me: Do not change anything about the way you write :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2011
Last Updated on March 22, 2011
Tags: paranormal, psychic, supernatural, freewriting, beginning

Author

mi-chan
mi-chan

Skiptopia, the voices won't reach me there..., FL



About
I like writing, reading, anime, manga, japan, yaoi, jmusic (not listing all the genres), drawing, volleyball, and many other things. I've been playing the piano for about 10, maybe 11 years now and ha.. more..

Writing