Christmas Spirit

Christmas Spirit

A Story by Annawrites
"

A family bakes gingerbread men and decorates a Christmas tree

"

Christmas Spirit

 

            The smells of gingerbread men filled Sarah Tanner’s house.  She just finished baking gingerbread men with her two daughters, Emily and Lily.  They had fun cooking the gingerbread men and decorating them.

            Sarah was defiantly in the Christmas spirit.  She’s wearing a red apron so her clothes won’t get dirty while cooking.  A fire was crackling in the fire place.  Christmas music was playing on the stereo in the background.  Sarah took off her red apron since she was done cooking and set it aside.

            “Girls, why don’t you help me decorate the tree?” Sarah suggested.

            “Okay, Mommy,” Lily agreed, flipping her blonde hair away from her face.  Lily is just like Sarah, long blonde hair and blue eyes.  Emily is a lot like Samuel, their father.  Emily has brunette hair and green eyes.  She is the quiet one and Lily is a ball of energy.  They both get along quite well together.  However, the girls do have their fights.

            “I want to put the angel on the tree,” Emily says.

            “No, I do,” Lily argues her sister.

            “You always get to,” Emily points out.

            “Okay, Lily you get to put the angel on the tree this year,” Sarah interjects the argument.

            “You’re always on her side,” Emily whines. 

            Sarah requested her husband to retrieve the Christmas decorations from the basement.  Samuel goes into the basement and returns with the Christmas decorations.

            Sarah took the Christmas lights out of the box and strung the lights on the branches of the tree.  Then she got the ornaments out and hangs each one carefully.  Sarah finished putting up the ornaments an hour later.

            “Time for the angel,” Sarah responds.

            “I get to do it!” Lily reminded Emily.  Lily got on a stool and gently placed the angel on the tree.  The tree looked gorgeous and breath taking.  Sarah couldn’t wait for Christmas.  The house was now defiantly in Christmas spirit.  

© 2012 Annawrites


Author's Note

Annawrites
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on November 10, 2012
Last Updated on November 10, 2012
Tags: Christmas, holidays

Author

Annawrites
Annawrites

About
Hi I'm Anna, and just started with creative writing =) I'm currently working on Poetry more..

Writing