Man vs. Woman

Man vs. Woman

A Stage Play by Annalisa
"

Written in September, 2006. A one scene play.

"

 (Boy and Girl enter from stage right holding hands and walking close. They’re  a couple, so be couplish. Girl kisses boy on the cheek then they sit with the girl cradled in the boy’s arms.)

 

Girl- The Covenant was such an amazing movie.

 

Boy- I don’t know, all they really did was have guys parade around half naked.

 

Girl- I know! Wasn’t it great? (Boy gives Girl a questioning look.)

 

Boy- So… do you wanna go up to my room to work on the history day project? (This should be said as of he’s hinting to something else…)

 

Girl- No, (Completely clueless, she moves so that now she is sitting across from him.) we’ll need the computer so we should stay down here.

 

Boy- Okay (Needs to seem discouraged) so what’s this project supposed to be about anyway?

 

Girl- Woman’s rights.(Boy gets a blank and uncomprehending look on his face), ring a bell?

 

Boy- Nnnn-YES! But why are we doing it on woman’s rights? Who cares about that?

 

Girl-…Oh I don’t know…me!

 

Boy: Well of course you do, you’re a girl after all.

 

Girl- (From here on out the Girl is getting increasingly annoyed with the Boy.) What’s that supposed to mean?

 

Boy- Well…you know… you girls care about weird s**t like that.

 

Girl- AS SHOULD YOU!

 

Boy- Why, I’m not a girl, and we all know that men are better then women anyway.

 

Girl- Ah, no they’re not, and I don’t see any men here anyway.

 

Boy- Dude, of course I’m a man, didn’t you catch the whole lets go to my bedroom thing?

 

Girl- No.

 

Boy- And that’s why you’re a girl and I’m a guy.

 

Girl-  And that is exactly why men are not better than women. You’re all run by your crotches!

 

Boy- Yes, and you love us for it.

 

Girl- Okay. Whatever. We all know women are better than men so lets just move on and get to work on the project.

 

Boy- Yeah okay. (Pauses for a few seconds thinking) wait WHAT!

 

Girl- Girls are better than boys. Okay so how do you want to do this, we could do a poster bo-

 

Boy- Wait, hold your horses chico. I don’t know what you’ve been smoking but men are way better than women.

 

Girl- They are not!

 

Boy- Yeah well… way back when it was men who did the fighting and protecting for the women!

 

Girl- (Girl is now seething with anger) The only reason men went to war instead of women is that MEN ARE AFRAID OF US! I mean can you imagine, (Girl stands up and begins to slowly advance on the boy, while the boy slowly backs away) some p.m.s.ing vindictive b***h on the battle field wielding a battle axe charging the men yelling “I’ll have your balls you male chauvinistic pig!” (Girl charges boy, while boy runs off the stage screaming and girl chases after him.)

© 2008 Annalisa


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOL! Love it! Would still love it more if had actually seen on stage. This is hilariously clever, and oh so true!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Haha, this would look so amazing onstage!
So funny, yet so true at the same time. (:

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 8, 2008

Author

Annalisa
Annalisa

Washington DC



About
Hey ya'll. Honestly Bios always kinda creep me out, I mean what do you say to people that you've never met? Or even if you do know them how do you describe yourself in anything other that "I'm Annalis.. more..

Writing
Anxiety Anxiety

A Poem by Annalisa