Part Three

Part Three

A Chapter by anneliese
"

a Twilight Fan fiction that takes place after Breaking Dawn in Renesme's POV

"

I was overly aware of his lips, now right in front of mine. I wanted to close the inch gap between his lips and mine to make them meet in a kiss. I soon removed my eyes from his lips and looked into his eyes that were looking right back at me. My breath caught as I saw the desire that his eyes held for me. In the back of my mind, I was still vaguely aware that my hand was still on his cheek and was still letting him know my thoughts and feelings but I did nothing to move it, wanting to let him in on these new feelings for him.

Just as I decided that I was going to fill that gap between our lips, I heard a slosh quickly followed by a thunk.

“Oh, crap!” Jake exclaimed as he turned to see his cereal bowl, now on its side on my floor with Lucky Charms in a semi-circle around it. “Sorry,” he apologized sheepishly, his cheeks slightly pink.

“Just make sure it gets cleaned up,” I scolded him with a chuckle, and then moved back to the center of my bed and stretched out, touching the edge of my pillow with my fingers tips and the end of the bed with my toes.

Jake got up and bent down to pick up the bowl off the floor and scoop up as much cereal as possible off the floor. He then straightened up and turned to face me.

“While I’m returning this to the kitchen and getting stuff to clean up my mess, you might want to get dressed,” he said while eyeing my spaghetti strap, mid-thigh in length, pink night gown with lace at the neck line. A Christmas gift from my Aunt Alice.

I was debating on whether or not I should change as Jacob left the room. Just as I decided that I was going to stay in the night gown that seemed to make Jacob nervous, something else changed my mind for me. My father.

“Change Nessie!” I heard my father demand from my parents’ room in a hard voice. I couldn’t hide anything from him, could I?

I slipped off my bed and walked over to my closet and pulled out one of my simple tee-shirts and then I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a pair of genes. I might have gotten the love of cars from my father but my mother gave me the need for simplicity when it came to my wardrobe, frilly nightgowns being the only exceptions. This relentlessly displeased my Aunt Alice exponentially.

As soon as I snapped the button on my jeans, I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

“Come in Jacob.”

“You decent?” he asked as he cracked open the door and peered in.

“Yes. Now just come in!” I demanded, a little irritated at his behavior. I then reached for my brush sitting on top of my dresser and pulled it through my hair, disentangling all the knots and restoring it to its normal silky smoothness.

“So, what did you tell your mom?” he asked as he stared at my reflection in the mirror.

“What?” I asked as I turned around to face him.

“What did you say you wanted for your birthday. I’m still drawing up blanks,” he replied. He then reached out for a piece of my hair and started to play with it. His playing with my hair wasn’t anything new but the feelings that I know felt about the simple gesture were.

I guess I just stood there and stared because Jacob had to look up from my lock of hair in his hands and look at me.

“Well?” he said snapping me out of my trance.

“Oh, sorry,” I apologized as I put my hand on his cheek and showed him the picture of the car that I had showed my mom earlier.

“Well, that doesn’t help me,” he said as his eyebrows knit together in thought. I took my hand off his cheek before he could see how much I wanted. “Good choice though,” he said, giving his approval.

“Thanks. So, what are we doing today?” I asked while he continued to play with my hair.

“I don’t know. I figured we’d just wing it,” he said, twirling my hair around his finger.

“Didn’t we ‘wing it’ all last week?” I asked with a sigh.

“Yup,” he said, now starting to braid my hair.

For my whole 6, almost 7, years of my life, I have barely left Forks, let alone Washington. The farthest I’ve been from home was Seattle to do some shopping. My family used to talk about moving. They discussed starting anew somewhere else, sometimes the discussion was about moving to Alaska to stay with the Denali clan, and sometimes it was a discussion over where else we could go without being exposed by the sun. Once there was even a discussion about going to Europe. Over the years, the discussions diminished and became half hearted, and then all together stopped. It seemed no one wanted to leave Forks. Whenever I asked about it, they said they wanted to wait until I had stopped aging so that we could all enroll in high school. The fact that I haven’t physically changed that much in the past year and that the discussions haven’t started up again shows me that I was used as an excuse.

In the beginning, I wasn’t bothered by it. I liked Forks well enough and had no desire to go anywhere else. Now, I felt bored. There were only so many things to do at Carlisle and Esme’s house. I have seen almost every movie, read every book in Carlisle’s library and then some, played every bored game, with and without the original rules, played on every game system, no matter how boring I found them to be, and I followed a good number of television shows.

The only time I left the house was to hunt, the occasional trip to the movies, or shopping. And that going boring fast. I was ready to move on, to go somewhere new, to leave dreary Forks.

 



© 2008 anneliese


Author's Note

anneliese
here's part three. Enjoy! note that i don't own these characters.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

If this were actually to be publishe, the reader would have no idea of the back story on the characters unless they've read Stephanies books. The fist of her books I read was Eclipse. Even starting with the third, In the first chapter she gave some back story, so the reader wouldn't feel lost if it was the first of her books to read. You don't need to add a lot, just some in these first 2 chapters to clue the reader in a bit more.

Also it is "Board games," and Renesme sounds a bit brat-ish. Is that your intent? Edward and Bella raise a brat? I wouldn't think Edward would put up with it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love it but the one thing i dont feel comfortable is how renesmee is only almost 7 and she already has developed these feelings for jacob. in my opinion its a bit young bt im enjoying it all the same.

luckily edward will noe wen it gets too out of hand. lol

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Outstanding, wonder what is going on with Jake and her. Can't wait to see what's going to happen. Really really interested now.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah the call of wonderlust that so many of us get when we're young. Poor Renesme, I know the feeling about small towns that have nothing to do in them and they are beyond boring. Good chapter, can't wait for the next one.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Ah the call of wonderlust that so many of us get when we're young. Poor Renesme, I know the feeling about small towns that have nothing to do in them and they are beyond boring. Good chapter, can't wait for the next one.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

759 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 23, 2008
Last Updated on December 31, 2008


Author

anneliese
anneliese

CA



About
i am an eight-teen year old girl living in sunny california. i dont like it when the weather gets over 85 degrees or when it rains. i love to read. there is nothing like escaping for a couple hours a .. more..

Writing
Miss "It" Miss "It"

A Book by anneliese


Synopsis Synopsis

A Chapter by anneliese


Partners Partners

A Chapter by anneliese



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tasty Tasty

A Poem by Flow


Venus of Love Venus of Love

A Poem by Flow