Enter the woman with the red dress

Enter the woman with the red dress

A Chapter by Yaseen J Malik
"

the first chapter of the Black widow by Yaseen J Malik

"

The Black Widow

Yaseen J Malik


It wasn’t just the sex she enjoyed; it was the moment that followed. As sweat began to trickle down her back she found a point into the shadowed darkness of the room. As the darkness became filled with sharp echoes of moans and groans, she found ecstasy. The non-irregular movement of the bed as it gently rocked up against an unseen wall wrapped around her, with every new stroke she was reborn, with every new thrust she became someone new.

The rocks became more forceful, more expedient as her breath became labored. This was it she thought, this was the moment she had been searching for, a moment away from everything and everyone the world had to offer. In the darkness she transcended, lost in time and space. She became consumed by ecstasy, dizzy by the loss of breath.

There was only silence now, only the stifling absence of sound that existed between them. She wrapped one of his massive arms around her and listened to the total silence. In this moment, curled up next to him, his arm gently wrapped around her naked body, his hulking body sheltering her from the cold as he lay beside her; this was that moment she valued more than sex, the assurance of security, the promise of peace, the redemption of rebirth.

The vibration on her phone interrupted her oasis, she groaned in annoyance as she removed his arm from around her waist and sat upright on the cheap motel bed. The phone’s vibration echoed through out the room, tainting her calm; she quickly flipped the phone open to read the message. The pale blue LCD light forces her eyes to adjust. It was time to go

The phone flipped close, but the darkness was gone, she could now notice the red neon light piercing thought the drawn blinds. The silent was now gone, the faint echo of car horns and speeding cars on wet pavement could be heard in the distance. She bent over the bed and pulled out a large bottle of bleach and stumbled to her feet, kicking the empty bottles of cheap liquor and lubricant. To the sounds of honking horns and an approaching helicopter she began to cover the bed and floor with the bleach, within minutes she was done. She stood in front of the bed and marveled at her work, taking in the last few moments of the silence before she was forced out into the world of noise. She opened her eyes and looked at the man that lay on the bed; purple and red bruises on his mouth, both eyes gouged out, multiple stab wounds in the chest, neck, and sides. She watched as the bleach began to trickle down his face and enter his gaping mouth, how the bleach was already mixing with the crimson sheets. She lit the match and tossed it into the sheets; sealing there love forever

“Thank you, for everything, “she whispered in his ear as she softly kissed his bleached forehead. As she put back on her dress and walked out the door.

Shaw stepped over the police tape quickly, his focus not on the overwhelmed police officers trying to contain the spectators, un-wavered by the loud canopy of sirens and car horns as he Passed several CSI investigators and made his way up the court house steps. He had not given a second thought in dislocating the arm of one of the rookie police officers guarding the main entrance. Shaw’s full attention was on the scarlet haired woman standing behind the glass doors.

            “Olivia, what the hell is going on?” he’s voice commanding the attention of all the police officers and crime scene investigators in the lobby of the court house. The overlapping shouting and the sounds of camera flashing subsided as all eyes fell on the source of the attention, all except for Olivia.

            “Shaw, I’m sorry.” She could barely manage before she was pushed aside to reveal the inner circle she and several other officers were crowded around. Shaw took a moment to let the situation sink in, to let the feeling of failure take over.

            She lay limp on the marble floor of the court house, drenched in a pool of her own blood, her eyes and mouth both mutilated with scratch marks, she was only eleven years old. “Son of a b***h!” He shouted as he reached to hold her.

            “Stop him!” a voice called out from behind him, words were turned to action as Shaw fund himself savagely trying to rip out of clutches of five well planted men.

“Let me go! He shouted in anguish as he swung against the air as the men slowly lowered themselves to the floor. “You B******s had one job, one f****n job!” he shouted out into the now silent court house lobby, Shaw watched as several eyes could not meet his furious stare, Olivia amongst them.

            Shaw rustled once more to make his way to the girl, planting both his feet and vaulting backwards onto the floor, the confusion caused the officer to lose their grip, seconds Shaw seized. Shaw scurried to his feet, punching the first officer across the face before he could continue his restraint. The second came from behind as he had expected. Shaw side stepped, grabbing the officer by one of his outstretched hands and flipping I’m into the third officer.

            “Shaw stop it!” Olivia shouted as other officers quickly perused. Shaw did not answer, he planted his feet on the ground and one by one wasted every officer that attacked him. An elbow to the nose, a kidney shot, a knee to the chin, Shaw continued without hesitation or remorse until Olivia pulled out her Taser gun and fired it at Shaw’s chest. Shaw hesitated for a second, looking bewilderedly at himself as he was being shocked, then looked at Olivia, smart, beautiful and deadly Olivia. He fell to the floor and collapsed atop an unconscious officer.

            The room was strangely quiet now, as if all the air in the room had been suddenly sucked out, as if the outside world was miles away, leaving nothing but a pile of unconscious police officers, and a tazered civilian.

            “Good work detective.” A voice startled her as the chief stepped from the crowd. “Let’s see if we can’t get this mess contained.” He’s sultry voice dominating the atmosphere.  “Put him in a squad car, get him down town, clean this s**t up!” he barked snapping the officers into motion. Olivia had not holstered her Taser gun, it simply hung at her side, still in hand, her eyes fixed on the girl and the unconscious man next to her.” were going to get them Olivia.” The chief said softly pulling his hand on her shoulder. She shook it of instantly, shoving her Taser back into place as he turned to leave.

            “Shaw already took care of that. “She exhaled as she forcefully pushed one of the glass doors and opened the room up to the havoc outside. “Just once chief, I would like to catch a bad guy before he does something like this.” She said over her shoulder, and with that she was gone.



© 2013 Yaseen J Malik


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's rare that my mind doesn't wander off when reading, this kept me focused and engaged the whole time!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Yaseen J Malik

10 Years Ago

thanks man! n books like these you have maybe three sentences to pull the reader in. im glad i was a.. read more
it was a riveting opening scene. then it went to the next and there was so much going on, i wasn't sure what was going on. but i can picture the scene as it was happening. i guess olivia was shaw's liaison to the police...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Yaseen J Malik

10 Years Ago

thanks! im working on my style of writing and that is exactly what im going for, slightly confused, .. read more
Oooo serial killer story! *rubs hands gleefully* I like! The role reversal was especially interesting, as usually with things like this the man is the killer and the woman the victim.

Just one comment: the term nonirregular towards the beginning was rather awkward to me. Also, I am wondering how she managed to get the injured and moribund man aroused?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Yaseen J Malik

10 Years Ago

thanks for the feedback! look forward to returning the favor

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 26, 2013
Last Updated on December 26, 2013
Tags: http://bookstore.xlibris.com/Pro


Author

Yaseen J Malik
Yaseen J Malik

abu dhabi



About
My name is Yaseen J Malik and i am a story teller. i have been telling stories all my life, and desire nothing more than to continue to do so. i hope my work takes you away, to a place where realit.. more..

Writing