Literally- Holy Crap

Literally- Holy Crap

A Story by A Paquet

My nine year old asked me today who is god.  I think he heard it off the b**b tube because god is not a topic of discussion over our hamburger helper.  It took me away for a bit.  I thought aout getting ontop of thathigh soap box proclaiming the injustices of many of the worlds religions.  Then again I could have told him it was a word for something to believe in, some blanket answer to all of life's mysteries. 

I am not one to judge a person's beliefs, but i am one to judge their actions.  maybe i have no authority to do so, but that is written into our human dna.  why should i believe in a diety that exsists but doesnt.  Why should i believe all the brainwashing religous bull s**t i endured from kg through 12th grade- through the sole choice of my parents.  As a child your beliefs follow regional and family tradition.  Had i been born in the middle east, i might not even question his exsistance (well, my exsistance would be questioned as i was born without certain testosteronic parts).  India I would worship Shiva and Parvati and the cow.  and primitive tribes it would be the earth itself.  There are not very many places were your beliefs are allowed to change, even here in america, the land of the free.  It is not the government or society that keeps us from changing our way to believe or who to believe, but one's family and most of all self.  Are you comfortable believing word for word the bible?  or the koran?  or even satanism- which for all the ignorant out there does NOT refer to believing in the devil, but believing one's self is above all- kinda sounds like all religions are satanic in that aspect huh?

But refering to all this would have sent him scratching his head and completely unanswered.  I could tell him who or actually what god is.  god is living.  god is believing that everything around you is special (maybe even in that Barney the dinosaur way) .  Its what you talk to when you are alone, when you wish that scratch off will be the thousand dollar winner and who you swear to when you cut yourself and definately who you make a pact with when you are also praying to the porcelin god after a night out.  Its what gets you through the hard times and what makes you feel so good when times are the best in your life.  Because those feelings are hard to describe, we make someone else responsible for that.  Society's around the world give him or her or them a name.  And  as long as that name isnt used to cause others suffering or geonicide of human progress, thats all fine by me.

So instead i asked Dev who he thought god was.  He said It's someone who pray too make wishes too, and sometimes they come true, sometimes not.  I asked him if you have to love god and he said no, you just have to believe. 

Maybe we all need to believe in something



© 2010 A Paquet


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on August 16, 2010
Last Updated on August 16, 2010

Author

A Paquet
A Paquet

st Louis, MO



About
im older than legal yet younger than midlife crisis. I used to be an artist but lost my way, im guessing the gps battery failed. i tinkle out little literary works, and deal with loads of crap. but.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Book by A Paquet


huh huh

A Story by A Paquet