Into the Ocean

Into the Ocean

A Story by Tangerine

I'm standing in the middle of a playground, next to a school. There are girls standing next to me, talking. Then they go climb on some monkey bars, upside-down. I know the girls are not my friends, but after a brief hesitation, I follow. I climb on the bars, then quickly get down and walk away, into the woods. The girls stay at the playground, oblivious. I walk down the path for a while and then I cross a pedestrian bridge over a body of water I know to be the ocean. There's someone else with me, a guy about my age. While we're crossing the bridge, somehow the sunlight bounces off the boy's keychain, goes into a cave, and hits the beginning of a frozen stream. The stream unfreezes and starts to run into the ocean. I think nothing of it at that point. When I am finished crossing the bridge, I am alone. And yet I know I'll see the boy again soon. I continue walking through the forest, and I see a cheetah slinking through the trees. I feel no fear, but I don't move. The cheetah stares at me for a moment before calmly walking away.

 

After the cheetah was completely gone, a big, white wolf appears. I know I have a connection to him; I feel like I know him. He is the boy. I crouch down and lower my head as to show my respects to him. He approaches and gently grasps my neck in his teeth. Then he lets go. He flops down into my lap like an oversized dog and I being to pet him. After a while of this, he suddenly sits up. I throw my arms around him, and he growls as if something is wrong. I hear the gentle splashing of water getting closer and closer. It washes around our feet. It continues to rise, but I can't let go. I taste the water, half as salty as normal from the freshwater stream. I still can't let go. Finally, I try with all my might and I move my arms for real (waking up now). I wake up tasting salt in my mouth. I can still smell the musky canine scent of the wolf. I could feel the tickle of its fur against my arms. But I don't know where he is. My wolf-boy is gone, and I long to have him back.

© 2008 Tangerine


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved the clear imagery in my head! i loved this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Loved it. I had a clear image of the wolf and the stream in my head.

Kudos to you! =]


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 29, 2008

Author

Tangerine
Tangerine

the Planet Venus, MA



About
Hey, my name is Tangi. I guess I'm just your average girl . . . nevermind, scratch that. I don't think anyone would call me average. Let's see, things about me . . . I love to smash fruit (oranges are.. more..

Writing