2

2

A Chapter by Imara
"

She starts getting settled in,

"

 

Chapter 2

 

 

A year later, I was on a weekend field trip. I forget where but we passed my old street, I couldn’t help it. I just had to, I did nothing but stare out the window and memorize the way there. When we got there I ran away, I could hear Tom say, “What is she doing now?” It was too late for him to do anything I had already changed into an eagle and flew off.

I pumped my wings harder and harder urging myself to go faster and faster. Wait! It’s Saturday, they have a football game. I’ll just go and check to see if their home. I didn’t care I had to at least try, it had been a year since I last saw him, I knew I had moved on but I still had a crush on Tristen. I landed and transformed back into a human not bothering to check if anyone had seen me, I hadn’t fed in a year so I looked seventeen. I rang the doorbell, “D, is that you?!” James answered he looked the same but taller.

“Yeah it’s me, what do I look like someone else?” I looked myself over. “Yup it’s me.”

“What are you doing here?”

“Nothing, I thought I’d drop by and say hi but if you don’t want me to come then I’ll go see who bought my house.”

“No come in, so why did you stop calling?”

“Life happened, I was tired by the time I got home. I had so many detentions that I got grounded from the phone for a long time and the computer too, so I just forgot. You know I never got on that much anyway. Where’s Tristen.”

“In his room.”

“Will you go get him?”

“Sure but D, you were gone for a year. My brother still hasn’t gotten another girlfriend.”

I let out a breath, “OK that makes two of us, please just go get him.” He turned, “Wait, I’ll go with you.”

“OK.”

We walked back down the hall took a left and opened the door there he was as beautiful as ever. B.O was on him along with some of deodorant that I loved the smell of. “Hey Tristen.”

“D, is that really you?”

“I sure do hope so because that’s the second time I’ve gotten that today.” I smiled and his eyes moistened.

“What are you doing here?”

“Though I’d drop by, see your new GF and all that good stuff.” James glared at me.

He looked at the ground, “I don’t have a girlfriend, so what about you. You got a new rich guy chained to your arm?” I smiled at him, because I really did chain him to my arm one time as a joke.

“Nope, I as single as the number one.” It was silence for a moment, “Well now that we got all the introductions out of the way would you mind giving me a hug?”

They smiled as we embraced I felt Tristen hug me the tightest and he smelt me a little. I still wore the same strong shampoo and conditioner that he like the kind that smelt like lemon and lime. Right then I realized that Tristen was shirtless. Our lust and love reignited again. I traced the lines on his abs not both of us trapped in our own world again. James coughed and that brought us back to reality, we broke apart blushing. “I’m going to go get everyone and we can play some doge ball.”

“OK.” I said looking down at the ground this time. I moved over and sit on the bed, we shared an awkward moment.

After a second he sat down next to me and still didn’t have a shirt on, I think he knew. “So who is your new boyfriend I know you’re just saying that for my benefit.”

“No I seriously don’t have a boyfriend, but if you want me to move on then I’ll have to take your advice and get over you.”

He smiled and punched me in the arm, “Hey D, I know that you live on the other side of town and all but do you still love me?”

I laughed, “Geez you’re making the air so serious of course I still love you. Don’t you think I would have already gotten someone else if I didn’t?” He laughed too, “I hope you still love me because honestly I know that as soon as I left twenty girls lined up to be the rebound.”

We laughed a little more, “I want you to be serious for a second.” That made us laugh some more, “OK as serious as you can be, why didn’t you come see me sooner.”

I shrugged, “Didn’t know the way here.”

“A whole entire freaking year.” He was a little angry.

“I’m sorry and I know you’re pissed at me and all, and right now I happened to be passing by and I wanted to see how you were doing. If you think you can survive one game of doge ball before I have to leave then it’d be really great, but I understand if you want me to leave.” I got up he didn’t get up for a second and I started to worry.

 Finally he got up and grabbed my wrist, “Wait, I want you to play.”

“Thanks.”

I think we were about to kiss right then but James came in and ruined it. “Hey D, Tristen there here.”

When he said everyone, he meant everyone. And more people were arriving every second people from school and their friends and by the time Tristen’s parents got home it was a complete party with music and everything. When they saw me they let it go though we knew they would get hell about it later.

“So where are your mom and dad?” Tristen’s mom asked me. She looked like a female version of James.

“Oh, I came here on my own.” They nodded and well they knew me and knew that my parents had no idea that I was here. I ran over and started playing the game which lead to another and another. By the time we were all done and everyone was gone the sun was starting to go down.

I was in Tristen’s room again, “I had better get going before my parents call the police.”

“You could stay, I mean or at least my parents could drive you.”

“I don’t know the way there, like I said I was wandering around and happened to get here.”

“Then how do you plan to get home?” I shrugged, “Alright.”

“Can I have a last kiss, I mean who knows how long it’ll be until I see you again?” I stood up and so did he.

“Just one.” He gave me a hug and started to kiss my neck over and over again. I kissed his forehead and leaned on his neck and kissed it once. I felt the blood racing through his veins and arteries I badly wanted some of his blood. I had never loved anyone that passionately before, “Walk me out?”

“Sure.”

“So did you read that vampire book, the one their remaking the movie?”

“Twilight? Yeah, it was on our reading list for the summer.”

“Did you like it, I mean the thought of vampires being real and all?”

“No, vampires are freaks who try to act innocent like they don’t want to drink our blood but it’s like a vegetarian saying that even though he doesn’t eat meat he still eats steak every once in a while.”

OUCH! That stung, “Bye Tristen, I think I should go now.” I ran and before he could even chase after me I turned into a raven. Thinking about it now, it matches ravens are a symbol of death and that was the death of my heart.

I landed after like a mile of nothing but flying. Tired, angry, sad, not a good mix for a vampire. The first person that I saw on the street I went up to and drained, and when I said drained I mean there was not a single drop of blood left in her body. I tossed the body to the ground, I was still unsatisfied. I should have mentioned this before but vampires don’t have this thing like humans that tell us when to stop it is up to us to decide. We usually stop after our blood needs are met.

I didn’t I kept going, and pulling over every person I saw on the street. There was a gang that shot at me but when that much fresh blood is running through a vampire body that’s when we truly become super human. I took them all down so easily. Their sweet blood flowed through my body, oh it was so good. I must have finally calmed down and went home because the next thing that I remember is waking up on my bed. I was still upset but I could handle it, I went to the bathroom and saw the blood smothered across my face. I washed it off and just hoped my parents hadn’t seen it. They were hard sleepers but I was gone all day so I think they would have been up waiting for me.

I got dressed and went down for some breakfast, “Morning mom, dad.”

“Honey are you OK?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Nothing, you were just gone all day and we didn’t see you come in so I just wondered if something was bothering you.” My mother looked truly concerned. My mom and dad were both white, mom with blue eyes, dad with gray, my mom had blond hair, my dad had brown, they were both born and raised in southern NYC. I looked nothing like them, I had silky black hair, light brown skin that got darker in the summer, deep brown eyes. I was adopted if you couldn’t already tell.

“I’m fine mom, I just saw something that interested me. I guess I’m expelled from the school right?”

“Actually they just want you in the principal’s office this morning, OK?”

“Yea, bye dad.”

“Bye honey.” He said looking up from the comics in the newspaper, I gave them both a kiss and headed out of the school. The walk over to the school was lonely and unluckily for me Jake sensed something strange about me from the minute I walked in the room. I think it might have been that I was always smiling and today I wasn’t.

“Hey D, what’s up.”

“Nothing.”

“OK what’s wrong?”

“Nothing, now just leave it alone.”

In the year he knew me, in the hundreds of years he has lived he never learned that when someone says that they mean it. “D, I’m serious what wrong?”

“So am I, now if you don’t want to get hurt I suggest you leave me alone.”

He looked me over after that and nodded, “Try not to kill anyone OK.”

“Go away.” He was smart and not only realized that I was back to the age of fifteen my original age, but I was looking strong and full of blood. He was also smart enough to realize that it takes a whole f*****g lot to mess with a six thousand f*****g year old vampire.

It was after school that he got me. He managed to stall me long enough to let everyone get ahead and far enough to where they couldn’t see us. Then he pinned me against the wall, he had fed recently but not as much as I had and I pushed him off. “D, talk to me.”

“Get the hell away from me!” I screamed.

“Not until you tell me why you drained all those people?”

“How the hell do you know it was f*****g me?”

“You’re the only other vampire here.” We launched into battle then, damaging thousands of dollars of things. Worse was that out of all of our screaming and banging no one heard us. Amazing how ignorant some people can be but then again other things were much nosier than us.

Of course I won, I was still pumped full of blood still fresh.  I could’ve killed him but I didn’t, I cried and cried as he healed. He walked off a fed at some point to speed up the healing but after an hour or two.

“Are you ready to talk?”

“You’re annoying, you know that?” He shrugged and I sighed, “The one I love hates vampires.”

He laughed, “Calm down I sorry but please your six thousand year old. Your older than me and I don’t even get attached to people I date.”

“There is something special about this one I don’t know what it is.”

“Come on, is he really worth getting worked up for, going on a killing rampage, crying. Come on your smile is the only thing I look forward to everyday, and your jokes crude or not, besides if you’re depressed then who am I going to talk to about vampire stuff.”

“Cut the cheesy movie talk.” I laughed, “I’m serious, I have loved a great deal of many and watching them die sure the first few got to me but I moved on right away. I can’t move on with him.”

“So let me guess he has?”

“No he hasn’t either, and I just can’t OK.”

“Alright so he doesn’t like vampires, so what? Just don’t tell him, watch him die move on like you’ve been doing.”

“That’s it, I don’t think I can. I wanted to make him a vampire so that we could be together forever, I didn’t want to wait for him to get older. He’s already sixteen. I can’t wait, I thought that he’d like vampires and everything like a normal boy but,” I laughed, “He was never normal.”

“Well then change him, I know some other vampires they can help us.”

“You know the rules, and I’m going to f*****g kill the person who made them, but he has to want to be changed.”

“Well then ask him theoretically.”

“God Jake,” I wanted to say something that would knock that to the ground but it was good, “That’s actually a good idea. Maybe he would change his opinion if I gave him an example.”

“That’s what I’m here for.” I gave him a hug and changed into an eagle letting out cries of happiness.

I arrived at his house sometime around five thirty, I was going to knock on his door but I got scared and ran away.

 

                I eventually decided to do it on Saturday, after getting so much taunting from Jake, Tom, Chris, Austin, and Katarina. So it was Saturday and I stood outside their door, I was about to turn and chicken out again when out of nowhere Tristen is running out from his back yard and is calling my name. “Don’t tell me you were too scared to knock on our door?”

                “No I just didn’t hear any noise and your car was gone thought you were at a game.”

“Football season ended last Saturday.”

“I know, but sometimes there is a champion ship game or something like that?”

“OK what’s up? What’s so serious that you need to talk to me about?”

“Geez am I that easy to read?”

“Yeah.”

“After six thousand freaking years and I’m still an open book.” I mumbled as I sat down with him on his front steps. “OK I’m speaking theoretically here.” He nodded, “So if I were a vampire and I wanted to change you so we could be together would you want to?”

He laughed, “You were seriously offended by my comment that much last night?”

“That’s not what you said, you said that they were and I quote, ‘vampires are freaks who try to act innocent like they don’t want to drink our blood but it’s like a vegetarian saying that even though he doesn’t eat meat he still eats steak every once in a while’. I was just wondering OK, if you say no I’m not going to die or anything.”

“You like vampires that much?”

“No, I was just wondering how you could hate someone that much.”

“I think a vampire may have killed my aunt. I mean everything that was on the news confirmed it, did you hear about all those people who died, drained of their blood with nothing but two holes in their necks.”

Damn forgot to clean up. I thought, “Yeah but it could always be some crazy cult thing.”

“Brought on by the belief of vampires.”

“Well then you can’t call vampires fakes because they would have feasted on scum or animals theses, well except for the gang members, were all nice people in society.”

“Why does this matter so much to you?”

“I was just wondering, please just answer the question which is all in theory.”

“No, I mean I love you but I would never become a vampire.”

Ouch! That stung even more. I got up and fought back tears, “I’m going to go now.”

“D, what’s wrong. Come on you can’t be that upset about that, I mean this is all in theory.” He grabbed my wrist, “D talk to me, why does this mean so much to you, I’ve never seen you cry. Please just stay, please. I don’t get to see you that much just come play Monopoly with me or something just don’t leave.”

“I’ll come back next Saturday, I’ll see you later ‘kay Tristen.” I broke free and started running. I didn’t run far only to the park I used to play at, he didn’t follow me. I didn’t cry for long either. I got up and knew I was going to regret it later but I changed into a silver tabby and padded over to his house.

Cat’s came to his house all the time, sometime they were me sometimes not. I waited outside for a long time, until the moon was high in the sky and they were getting ready for bed. I leapt onto his window and mewed as loud as I could. He came and opened the window with a gentle smile. He almost yelled to tell his mom about me but I just mewed again and started to purr as I rubbed up on his leg. He just picked me up, “I’ll call you Bell, at least until you leave.”

I mewed in agreement. Then I jumped down and leapt onto his bed and sat down looking at him. He was wearing nothing but some sweats. He left for a second then returned with a can of tuna. He opened it and I jumped down and ate and mewed happily.

James came in, “Tristen what’s that- Oh. We’d better go tell mom.”

“Please don’t she isn’t going to be here for long.”

“Ohhh, you fed her now she’s going to keep coming back.”

He smiled sheepishly, “Please don’t tell.” His eyes started to water.

“What’s wrong?”

They sat down and I jumped up to his lap and curled up, “D, I don’t know what’s wrong with her. She comes up to me today and well last Saturday I told her I hated vampires because one killed our aunt,” He nodded, “So today she asks if I would want to be a vampire with her if she was one. I tell her no and she starts crying and runs off. I upset her and I don’t know why she’s so mad at me.”

“There’s no reason to be angry, we killed that vamp long ago.”

“I know but it’s just vampires all around. I hate them and now D hates me.”

“You care way to much about this one girl, you know what tomorrow I’m taking you out on a double with me and my new girl OK.” I stretched out and dug my claws into him a little. He yelped and tapped my head a little, I sneezed and that caused them to laugh.

“No, she’s coming next Saturday. I’ll just ask her what’s up then.”

“What if she comes with a new man.”

He stared at the ground, “She won’t.”

“You never know what D might do, look I know a girl who really likes you and who knows maybe she’ll be better than D.”

I scratched James again and he thumped me a little harder this time, I hissed slightly before licking Tristen some and curling back up, not going to sleep.

“Look I’ll ask her if she still loves me next Saturday.”

“She can still love you and have another BF. Look if you want to know things for real then we can go up to her house, I looked her house up online. We can go tomorrow, the busses can drop us off not that far from there, and we can get back before mom and dad gets home.”

“Look we can wait until next Saturday, then we can go.”

“Fine, and if that cat has rabies I’ll kill you.” Then James left, Tristen played with me some before we went to sleep. I curled up next to him and went to sleep.

I woke up just as the sun was coming over the horizon and mewed loudly and pawed at his face, groggily he woke and looked at me, “What?”

I jumped up onto the window sill and mewed some more, he smiled sadly and opened it. “You sure are loud.”

I soared into the sky as soon as I was out of sight. It took me a little less time to get home because I found a short cut. When I went inside my parents weren’t there, asleep in their nice rooms. I sulked into my room and fell asleep that is until my clock woke me up and hour later. One thing that the stories got right is that vampires don’t need sleep we want it, it is like crack for a crack addict. It is the only way we can remember things you see our dreams are different than yours, even for vampires who don’t have the gift to travel from one dream to another. When we sleep it’s like we enter a catalog of every year of our life from there we go down to date then to moment. It’s not even like we have to remember the date, we can just stroll down long aisles and pick one out be it a good or bad memory.

So I walked to school, you would think alone but no Jake came flying in. (Did mention that he could fly.) We walked in silence for a little while but that didn’t last long, “So how did everything go?”

“He said no.”

“Bummer, well I know what’ll get your mind off of it?” I looked at him, “Instead of meeting up with everyone at the school to do something lame, how about we go to six flags.”

I laughed, “You do realize that that’s like a three day trip?”

“You don’t know how fast I can fly do you?”

“Well how am I supposed to keep up?”

“You change into one of those little rat dogs that Paris Hilton carries around and I’ll put you in my purse.”

“Alright I should go back to get my house so I can get my swim suit.”

“Come on,” He grabbed me around the waist and flew into the sky. I blinked he grabbed me the same way that Tristen always did.

“Jake put me down, I have to get my swim suit!” I laughed.

“Nope, if you want to get wet you’ll have to do it in those cloths. Besides you don’t have anything to hide.”

I laughed, “You know want to touch this.”

“Whatever now I’m going to slow down change into that rat dog and get in my bag.”

“Whatever you say you backwards superman.” I changed into a fluffy ‘rat dog’ and climbed into his bag. He hit light speed after that and we were there in about six minutes.

I hopped out and we looked around, he had skipped the payment and just landed inside the park. “Wonderful what do you want to do first?” I didn’t even answer him I just ran to the scariest ride that I could find, and we just coaster hopped for an hour before we went on the bumper cars. Then we went and got some ice cream, “So are you having a good time?”

“Yeah, thanks for spotting me the cash, the ice cream is great.” I licked my chocolate cone.

“Don’t worry about it, so have you ever been to six flags?”

“Yeah, but it changes so much you know you just never get used to it.”

“I know what you mean, so you want to go into the water park?”

I laughed, “Thought you’d never ask.” We played in the water park for a long time then as everything calmed down we sat and watched the fireworks. “Thanks for this, for everything. You’re a great friend Jake.” I hugged him and he relaxed as tons of fireworks flew into the sky like a dragon’s fiery breath.

“No problem, so do you think you’ll get over him?”

“Eventually, I mean while he’s alive I’m still going to date him as long as he’ll date me and all but when he dies I’ll move on.” We watched the fireworks for a while, “This reminds me last year during the fourth of July when Tristen tried to spell out my name with fireworks. On the ground you could see it but when it all hit the sky it just looked like a huge pan of oil was lit of fire. But I told him that I could see my name and wrote it out with a sparkler.”

“Sounds cheesy like something you’d see in a movie.”

“I think that’s what he was going for. Sorry I’m being selfish, what about you? You must have had some great love in the past, I mean you were born just when people were getting romantic and kinky.”

We giggled, “I was faithful and like Tristen at first but then I realized there was no point. Yeah few times I’ve thought about turning one of my wives but it was nothing like how you describe to me. One her name was Sophia, she told me she would be changed so that she could be with me forever. The day before I catch her in the middle of it with my best friend so of course I killed them both, pissed as I was I got over it the next year and started dating again after moving to China.”

“Sucks. Did they at least taste good?”

“Shut up.” He laughed and punched me in the arm, “Yeah they did.”

“Well then, it’s one of those lame good side bad side both equaling out huh? Man that’s crappy ’cause you can’t even be piss

ed about it.” We laughed. “Hey you want to go now.”

“What you like the idea of being in my shirt.”

“No, I’m serious we have school tomorrow and I still have to do that homework they gave me.”

“Screw homework.” He threw his hands up into the air, “Come on the night is young we can still do that home work in seconds, you know all that crap. Come on, please… I can’t let you go just yet.”

“Where in the world are we going to go now?” Just get in my backpack I have a surprise for you.

I laughed and the next thing I know I’m in a club called Toxic dancing, drunk, happy and finally not thinking about Tristen. I’m grinding and bumping and am offered eighty rides ‘home’ but I say no, I’m wasn’t that drunk.

“HAVING A GOOD TIME?” Jake yelled to me, four girls and three guys were on him.

“HELL YEAH!” I shouted back, nine boys are on me, I won, nope two left for Jake. Seven to six I still won. Finally we managed to get home.



© 2011 Imara


Author's Note

Imara
I know this story moves really fast, please review and comment. Should I continue?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on June 15, 2011
Last Updated on June 15, 2011


Author

Imara
Imara

Cranston, RI



About
My Name is Imara, if you couldn't already tell, I'm currently in High school and completly unsure what to do with my life. I've been to a few places in America, which I try to incorporate into my writ.. more..

Writing
Kingdom Come Kingdom Come

A Book by Imara


Empty Empty

A Poem by Imara


For You For You

A Poem by Imara